ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Radio Show - Jan. 23

I just read in the CDT that Shakur probably wont go this weekend. Cael is giving him another week to heal up. Manville is going Greco this weekend so someone else will have to go 84.

Last edited:
I just read in the CDT that Shakur probably wont go his weekend. Cael is giving him another week to heal up. Manville is going Greco this weekend so someone else will have to go 84.
I finally saw the end of his Wisky match. Didn’t look great, but he did jog off. Anyone hear anything since (not coming from Cael’s kremlin)?

I think Cael maybe slipped up on a question Ironhead asked him about the starting lineup. Ironhead asked if the starters were set, and noted 149 and I think Hwt. In Cael's reply he mentioned 125 in a quick moment and then said Berge was in at 149.
Just thinking by Cael mentioning 125 if they are still considering Teske as an option.
I was disappointed that no mention of Teasdale situation. I would think that a brief discussion would have been warranted.

I think Cael maybe slipped up on a question Ironhead asked him about the starting lineup. Ironhead asked if the starters were set, and noted 149 and I think Hwt. In Cael's reply he mentioned 125 in a quick moment and then said Berge was in at 149.
Just thinking by Cael mentioning 125 if they are still considering Teske as an option.
I was disappointed that no mention of Teasdale situation. I would think that a brief discussion would have been warranted.
I know what you mean but I think in this case Jeff felt asking about Teasdale would put Cael in a rather awkward spot to talk about someone who has decided to leave. So many answers could be misconstrued, even a truthful one. Very little sense in trying to pry into a personal situation everyone knows Cael rightfully won’t answer.

I like Nick Lee more and more. He seems like a good kid. Great fit at PSU. He appears to be a very poised young man that doesn't let the past get to him and is probably a big reason why he was able to come through on the back side last year. I'd love to see him keep the same attitude this year but stay up top till Saturday night.

I like Nick Lee more and more. He seems like a good kid. Great fit at PSU. He appears to be a very poised young man that doesn't let the past get to him and is probably a big reason why he was able to come through on the back side last year. I'd love to see him keep the same attitude this year but stay up top till Saturday night.
+1
link to audio
https://gopsusports.com/watch/?Archive=4335&type=Archive

I know what you mean but I think in this case Jeff felt asking about Teasdale would put Cael in a rather awkward spot to talk about someone who has decided to leave. So many answers could be misconstrued, even a truthful one. Very little sense in trying to pry into a personal situation everyone knows Cael rightfully won’t answer.
From what I think I know about the Gavin situation.I do not think Cael can discuss.

Reactions: Cowbell Man
From what I think I know about the Gavin situation.I do not think Cael can discuss.
Whenever a player transfers, the coach never discusses it unless the athletes wants him too. In those cases it is a positive situation such as Jalen Hurts, being recognized for being a team player, graduating and moving on too an opportunity Alabama could not provide.

In this situation, nothing positive other than scholarship money was freed up now instead of several years from now. Hopefully things work out for Teasdale.

Reactions: tabenn

Depending upon the circumstance(s) that caused him to leave, it could be totally inappropriate for the coach to say anything

Reactions: Cowbell Man
Whenever a player transfers, the coach never discusses it unless the athletes wants him too. In those cases it is a positive situation such as Jalen Hurts, being recognized for being a team player, graduating and moving on too an opportunity Alabama could not provide.

In this situation, nothing positive other than scholarship money was freed up now instead of several years from now. Hopefully things work out for Teasdale.

#more$$$forBeau

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT