ADVERTISEMENT

Clifford ranked 66th in pass effiency

For those who need data to show how bad he's been this year.
He had the best QBR of anyone on either team on Saturday.

What's your point?

Can't we just settle this already? Clifford is a solid to good QB assuming our line blocks(rarely), he has some semblance of a run game to complement and take pressure of him(minus Auburn, we really haven't had a run game for 3 years now) and if the offense has a little creativity, some intermediate throws and well crafted play designs(he got exactly none of that against Michigan). Outside of a very few college QB's, I am not sure who could be an effective QB in this offense. Maybe we will get our chance with Allar.

Reactions: doctornick
He's not awful. You are clueless about CFB.

This. I'm ready for a change and don't think Clifford is anything special, but I don't get the people who vastly undersell his abilities. He's basically an average, even somewhat above average (when healthy) college QB. When people talk about him being terrible or awful or whatever extremely negative description, I wonder how much actual college football they watch because a lot of college QBs can't play as well as he does.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
I dont think he is horrible or a bad player. I think he needs to be more consistent and that his completion rate needs to be higher if this team is going to succeed.I would like to know how much control he has on changing plays or if he has none. The lack of targeting the tight ends amazes me. Those fade plays they run when you have Strange baffles me. With all that said, Allar has a lot of growing to do, and this team has a lot left to play for. Agree or disagree Clifford if healthy puts you in the best spot moving forward.

I dont think he is horrible or a bad player. I think he needs to be more consistent and that his completion rate needs to be higher if this team is going to succeed.I would like to know how much control he has on changing plays or if he has none. The lack of targeting the tight ends amazes me. Those fade plays they run when you have Strange baffles me. With all that said, Allar has a lot of growing to do, and this team has a lot left to play for. Agree or disagree Clifford if healthy puts you in the best spot moving forward.
You seem to have issues with the playcalling. I don't disagree. But point out specific plays on Saturday where he either made the wrong read or made a horrible pass. There weren't many. He didn't turn the ball over AND led the team in rushing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT