ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Pyles

Remember when Luke Gardner called him "the cat word" (in the words of Cenzo and Cutch) a few years back.

Reactions: jschrantz
. . . Because it wouldn't surprise me if Flo has a corporate gag order on All Things Willie while the lawsuit is still alive.

These two are pretty psyched about a couple of words that you used in the same sentence.
images

Reactions: danoftw
I think CP does a good job. I also like the current format of FRL. Input is encouraged from all the participants and each provides different insights. It is a better show than it was before Willie's departure.

CP did have nice things to say about Willie on the day immediately following Willie's departure. They still occasionally mention Willie in a favorable way on FRL when recalling past incidents. I'm sure they are restricted by Flo from mentioning Rokfin or the legal situation.

Contrary to Bulldog's comment CP did wrestle in high school and coached his alma mater for several years.

I think CP does a good job. I also like the current format of FRL. Input is encouraged from all the participants and each provides different insights. It is a better show than it was before Willie's departure.

CP did have nice things to say about Willie on the day immediately following Willie's departure. They still occasionally mention Willie in a favorable way on FRL when recalling past incidents. I'm sure they are restricted by Flo from mentioning Rokfin or the legal situation.

Contrary to Bulldog's comment CP did wrestle in high school and coached his alma mater for several years.
fair enough on him having some HS folk style experience.

I think CP does a good job. I also like the current format of FRL. Input is encouraged from all the participants and each provides different insights. It is a better show than it was before Willie's departure ...
For me, Askren rescued the show. Without Willie, the remaining guys were too similar to one another, too nerdy and boring and (other than Pyles) serious. Pyles is a slick guy but he needs to work with someone with propulsive energy, with life force. Willie was the guy, and now it’s Askren.

It's more like @smalls165
Jammenz, you misunderstand. Smalls is 103 not because of weight. It’s because he’s got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell. #goldrecords #hotblooded #eatspinach

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
Sorry...but Pyles is easily the most self-depreciating person on the broadcast team. Not even close.

I think this is true. He also he seems from his conversations on FRL to be a loving dad, husband, son, and grandson. Some of the FRL crew who moved to Austin to work at Flo and have no family in the area have talked about being invited to Pyles's house for Thanksgiving. I don't know the guy but can't imagine what he's ever done or said in his public life to earn the "self absorbed" slander. Ain't the interwebs grand?

I think this is true. He also he seems from his conversations on FRL to be a loving dad, husband, son, and grandson. Some of the FRL crew who moved to Austin to work at Flo and have no family in the area have talked about being invited to Pyles's house for Thanksgiving. I don't know the guy but can't imagine what he's ever done or said in his public life to earn the "self absorbed" slander. Ain't the interwebs grand?

He’s a family man, must be a good guy I stand corrected

Reactions: donboy6499
I think CP/VAIS is not only a good guy but a great guy.

He is assertive and opinionated 24/7 about the sport we love. That rubs people the wrong way in wrestling, on the internet and in life in general. So be it, lifes short.

I think if you met bader, CP, bratke, etc in person you would not only come away with a positive impression you might actually sing some of their praises.

I get hating on flo. I do as an institution as it upsets me now because of where they came from. But the guys there are doing a job. I cant fault them because their overloads are awful.

Now let's get back to bagging on wild lizard, jammenz, iron bird and flo steaming.

Ps - stay golden LP

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT