ADVERTISEMENT

CFN Prediction FWIW

And only because ND played prevent and then forgot how to count to eleven.
Lol. Beating OSU in Columbus is a big ask. I believe we have the team and talent. We need to have the confidence and composure. Will we? I hope last year was a lesson learned. We’ll see.

I'm not saying they're correct but I agree that OSU is more battle tested based on their game at ND.
A team that gave up 33 pts and lost to Louisville? ND is not that great and neither is Maryland. I'm not sure they are any more battle tested than we are. But the fact that they think they are is a big win for us.

Watching OSU podcasts is sickening. Making a big deal out of us being last in the nation in red zone defense. Maybe you should be more concerned that we've only allowed teams to get in the red zone 7 times which is the lowest in the nation? They claim our OL is terrible except for #74 so they'll have a field day getting after Allar. Except they are #105 and sacks and #82 in tackles for a loss so it's not like they are known for making great defensive plays.

OSU fans are more confident than Utah fans were before the Rose Bowl.

A team that gave up 33 pts and lost to Louisville? ND is not that great and neither is Maryland. I'm not sure they are any more battle tested than we are. But the fact that they think they are is a big win for us.

Watching OSU podcasts is sickening. Making a big deal out of us being last in the nation in red zone defense. Maybe you should be more concerned that we've only allowed teams to get in the red zone 7 times which is the lowest in the nation? They claim our OL is terrible except for #74 so they'll have a field day getting after Allar. Except they are #105 and sacks and #82 in tackles for a loss so it's not like they are known for making great defensive plays.

OSU fans are more confident than Utah fans were before the Rose Bowl.
Have we played anyone capable of beating USC?
Ohio State fans are confident because of the recent history of the series more than anything that has happened this year. That's understandable.
We don't know how good we are. I can't wait for Saturday because, regardless of spin, it's our first test. I think we'll do great but people aren't giving Ohio State enough credit. You talk about them being very confident--see our posts despite not playing anyone with a pulse yet.
And people are overusing stats ignoring context.

How did that battle tested work out for the Irish, in Louisville?
They played 4 straight ranked teams...and we're likely looking ahead to USC. The Irish showed against USC the prior tests helped. Doesn't mean they'll win but undeniable that they've been tested and we haven't.

It's true that PSU's secondary hasn't really been tested, partly because they've been able to pass-rush so well. On the other hand we just know the PSU secondary can play. They will give up some plays but they'll also make some plays and they are really good with the ball in the air.

The whole game could hinge on PSU's D-line being able to pressure McCord rushing 4. If PSU has to send 5 or 6, then any defense can get exposed against a passer who can find open receivers under pressure -- and McCord can do this.

As for being battle-tested -- PSU has not faced an opponent the quality of Notre Dame but overall PSU has probably faced more physical teams than Ohio State has. WV, Illinois, Iowa and even NW play some physical football and PSU had to work through it. Allar has been in some tense games and had to keep his cool.

Ultimately, there seems to be a consensus that this will not be a high scoring game and PSU is more competitive overall than they've been in some time. tOSU deserves to be favored because they're at home, they have a tradition of beating PSU, and they have in Harrison maybe the best player in college football this year.

It's true that PSU's secondary hasn't really been tested, partly because they've been able to pass-rush so well. On the other hand we just know the PSU secondary can play. They will give up some plays but they'll also make some plays and they are really good with the ball in the air.

The whole game could hinge on PSU's D-line being able to pressure McCord rushing 4. If PSU has to send 5 or 6, then any defense can get exposed against a passer who can find open receivers under pressure -- and McCord can do this.

As for being battle-tested -- PSU has not faced an opponent the quality of Notre Dame but overall PSU has probably faced more physical teams than Ohio State has. WV, Illinois, Iowa and even NW play some physical football and PSU had to work through it. Allar has been in some tense games and had to keep his cool.

Ultimately, there seems to be a consensus that this will not be a high scoring game and PSU is more competitive overall than they've been in some time. tOSU deserves to be favored because they're at home, they have a tradition of beating PSU, and they have in Harrison maybe the best player in college football this year.
Agree on Harrison. Will be interesting to see how PSU defenses him. My view is the should consider doubling him and let King play man against Egbuka (if he plays). LBs have to do a good job against OSU’s TE who I think is somewhat underrated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT