ADVERTISEMENT

Can you imagine Hackenberg under Joe's tutelage? Sure he would have

I don't know about that. In joes final 30 years, you could probably count on one hand how many times a QB threw one away.

The first 20+ years are too far back to remember.

QB play was just as awful under Joe as it has been under Franklin. The 2 years under BOB was a brutal tease and we're all stuck with blue balls because of it.

I don't know about that. In joes final 30 years, you could probably count on one hand how many times a QB threw one away.

QB play was just as awful under Joe as it has been under Franklin. The 2 years under BOB was a brutal tease and we're all stuck with blue balls because of it.
I should have prefaced my post with pre-Jay and Post-Jay.

Reactions: jim cummings

You have to be kidding.

Michael Robinson was named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year in 2005. Daryll Clark was All 1st Team Big Ten QB in 2008 and 2009. Kerry Collins was the last Big Ten QB drafted in the 1st round. The only QB that underachieved under Joe was Rashard Casey. If Joe would have used him like he used Robinson, Casey would have been in contention for the Heisman.

Guys like Bolden never underachieved. They were just never any good to begin with. Casey is the one QB that Joe could have used better, and Bolden was the one QB that Joe stayed with WAY too long. Bolden should have been benched after that abortion at Iowa.

Most of Joe's starting QBs pretty much reached their realistic potential. Hack hasn't yet regressed into Bolden territory, but he sure reminded me a lot of Rob on Saturday. He has to get his head back on straight pronto.

Reactions: nits74
I'm thinking Hack would be like Tony Sacca...really good, not great.

Based on the potential shown 2 years ago under BOB, give Hack the 1994 OL, WRs, TEs, and RBs, I think he could have been great just like Kerry Collins was. Hack has regressed so much behind this OL and pi$$ poor play calling that it is looking to me like he has just given up.

Some of this is on BOB for not putting an emphasis on recruiting linemen, and a lot of it is on the sanctions for handcuffing BOB like they did.

Bottom line is that a Pro style drop back QB is the absolutely worst type of QB to be playing with if you have an OL like ours. You need a QB that can run zone read and misdirection so as to somewhat neutralize superior DLs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT