ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain something to me:

ram2020

Jul 29, 2013
Why does Lynch seem so slow this year. I get that Barkley may just be so transcendent that he makes everyone look slow, but I just don't get lynch. Lynch basically was Barkley 2 years ago and last year. The guy that exploded through holes and shower great burst and power. I mean, what happened to Belton for that matter? Remember when Belton was a freshman? We'd bring him in vs. OSU and he would run around their defense? Then he just became a slow/tentative back by the time he was a senior. I guess my question is what happens to these guys during their careers? Injuries? Do the strength coaches try to bulk them up too much? I sure hope Barkey shows that burst for the foreseeable future.

Why does Lynch seem so slow this year. I get that Barkley may just be so transcendent that he makes everyone look slow, but I just don't get lynch. Lynch basically was Barkley 2 years ago and last year. The guy that exploded through holes and shower great burst and power. I mean, what happened to Belton for that matter? Remember when Belton was a freshman? We'd bring him in vs. OSU and he would run around their defense? Then he just became a slow/tentative back by the time he was a senior. I guess my question is what happens to these guys during their careers? Injuries? Do the strength coaches try to bulk them up too much? I sure hope Barkey shows that burst for the foreseeable future.

I didn't think Lynch looked slow, in fact, I think he looked pretty good. Barkley just looked better.

One of Lynch's main obstacles has been getting stood up at the line. In fairness to him, this may be due to his getting the ball while still far in the backfield many times. I think he will be fine as this season goes on.

Lynch is solid, but not electric like Barkley.

Been seeing this phenomenon since Franco Harris. Seems like RBs get off to a great start with long runs and then expect it every run. They try to turn every carry into a big gainer by dancing around or looking for a hole to run through. This slows them down too much, giving the D time to react.
I think they would be better served if they just hit the hole where the play is designed to go and then make cuts when they are past the line of scrimmage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT