ADVERTISEMENT

Cael post match interview

The way to beat Nato, is to get him in a scramble. Anything straight up and that guy just mauls you with his strength. Nico needs to get him into a funk, anything out of the box, it worked for Moisey although Moisey just didn't have the polish to sustain anything other than a flurry. Gilman wrestles Nato real well actually, if the seeds hold up, Nico will get the 3, and Gilman will face Nato in the semi's. If Nico can take Dance, and he certainly can, it's possible that Nato might not be there on Saturday night, he has trouble with Gilman.

The way to beat Nato, is to get him in a scramble. Anything straight up and that guy just mauls you with his strength. Nico needs to get him into a funk, anything out of the box, it worked for Moisey although Moisey just didn't have the polish to sustain anything other than a flurry. Gilman wrestles Nato real well actually, if the seeds hold up, Nico will get the 3, and Gilman will face Nato in the semi's. If Nico can take Dance, and he certainly can, it's possible that Nato might not be there on Saturday night, he has trouble with Gilman.
I think Cael was a bit sarcastic about the headlocks, etc.

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/1503614

Nico to embrace headlocks at nationals

I thought Mega got "horsed" a little bit today. He typically doesn't mind wrestling the other guy when he has the head high position in neutral, but today Mega could not generate any offense whatsoever from that position - he got close to an ankle pick on one occasion, but honestly was fortunate that he didn't give up a TD in regulation on a couple occasions where NaTo just over-powered him straight-on which is pretty much what he did in OT.

I thought Mega got "horsed" a little bit today. He typically doesn't mind wrestling the other guy when he has the head high position in neutral, but today Mega could not generate any offense whatsoever from that position - he got close to an ankle pick on one occasion, but honestly was fortunate that he didn't give up a TD in regulation on a couple occasions where NaTo just over-powered him straight-on which is pretty much what he did in OT.
+1. NATO is a little bull.

Cael made a good point in noting that two PSU wrestlers lost to defending national champs; we know that, but sometimes forget to acknowledge how good the other guy is. I'm not sure that Gulibon may have also lost to a kid that is going to win a national championship. Ashnault to me looked more impressive than Dean Heil, for example.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Cael made a good point in noting that two PSU wrestlers lost to defending national champs; we know that, but sometimes forget to acknowledge how good the other guy is. I'm not sure that Gulibon may have also lost to a kid that is going to win a national championship. Ashnault to me looked more impressive than Dean Heil, for example.
That would be huge for Goodale. Recall 3 yrs. ago, the knock on him was that he never had an AA.

+1. NATO is a little bull.

Not terribly fond of NaTo's defense-first, counter-only neutral wrestling, but if the official is not going to take responsibility for forcing both wrestlers to wrestle AND CARRY HALF OF THE OFFENSIVE ATTACKS, a wrestler like NaTo is just going to keep doing what he's doing. Entering into tie-ups and just doing the dancing bear routine to prevent the other guy from initiating any shots or offense is BS, but again the only way it stops is if the official decides he's going to force wrestling to happen and makes a decision as to who he feels is more responsible for the "no offense" boredom non-wrestling taking place.

"If Perry pulls that bullshit in New York City, I'm going to go over there and put him in a bow and arrow and make that little guy REALLY have something to wave a red flag about..."

--Cael, after the camera was turned off--

I disagree with one thing Cael said...The Ohio State kid just waits for Nico to shoot. He needs to go slide by, duck under or half duck to a shoot.....He kid is just waiting to counter..Did it twice now so the Coaches need to change up.
Wait, doesn't this mean Nico needs to fall behind earlier, so he has time to hit the duck under while trailing?

The best way for Nico to beat NaTo, might be to get that 3 seed, beat Dance, and let Gilman beat NaTo FOR him. Gilman probably wrestles NaTo better than anyone, and I have a feeling Nico gets that 3 seed, and never sees NaTo anyway.

The best way for Nico to beat NaTo, might be to get that 3 seed, beat Dance, and let Gilman beat NaTo FOR him. Gilman probably wrestles NaTo better than anyone, and I have a feeling Nico gets that 3 seed, and never sees NaTo anyway.
Did you say you are on the Seeding Committee?

Did you say you are on the Seeding Committee?
You can't seed Nico behind Gilman: He has beaten Gilman twice now, and hasn't lost to him. If you can't seed Nico behind Gilman, then you can't seed Gilman in front of Dance either, since Dance won against Nico this year also. Hence, Nato 1, Dance 2, Nico 3, and Gilman 4, which puts Gilman against Nato in one semi, and Nico against Dance in the other semi.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT