ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling C/O 2025 Lightweight Nathan Desmond Commits to PSU

M2 be like

960x0.jpg

I'm ln
You would be floored at how far parents will drive for their kids to get a workout in with the best coaches/partners.

I don't think he's a full time M2 kid but yes he's there a bit.
I'm one of those parents just not for wrestling, but being there once a month vs. being there during the week is what I'd like to better understand. We get lots of kids who move to SC before college. My sons soccer program is part of this MLS Next empire and kids go to Saint Louis for one game during the week and come home. They are 13.

It's not just sports. My kids were in theater and we went all over the country. They would also get instruction with talented people who were not local for us.

Not to derail this thread about crazy parents, but can anyone with insight tell us where Desmond projects? How he’s done against other top recruits? Thanks

Reactions: hlstone
You would be floored at how far parents will drive for their kids to get a workout in with the best coaches/partners.

I don't think he's a full time M2 kid but yes he's there a bit.
We had parents in our area driving down near Philly to play for the top field hockey club in the U.S. 3 times a week, when there were 3 great clubs in our area.

That was a four hour round trip drive plus 3 hours of practice.

Plus the price was about 10k a year.

Not to derail this thread about crazy parents, but can anyone with insight tell us where Desmond projects? How he’s done against other top recruits? Thanks
Has been really good in state (thus the two state titles) but struggled a bit against the top top kids. Extremely sound fundamentally and can be a hammer on top.

Projects to 125/133. Could be a career 125.

Has been really good in state (thus the two state titles) but struggled a bit against the top top kids. Extremely sound fundamentally and can be a hammer on top.

He's been about even with the better out-of-state guys. Hasn't figured out Jordan yet but beat CA state champ Isaiah Cortez (2025 Cornell), beat ID champ Mack Maugher (2024 Missouri), beat U17 world silver Christian Castillo.

The only 2 guys who have beaten him convincingly have been Bassett and Knox.

He has taken a couple weird early losses at Fargo, but then came back for 3rd/4th each time. So he doesn't quit in consolations.

If the plan is to have him shirt behind Lilledahl, then he should threaten for the podium as a freshman.

He is 92-4 in his HS career with 3 of the losses coming vs the same kid, Beric Jordan (who I believe is an OK state class of 24 commit) EDIT: he is an Oklahoma commit
The other loss was as a freshman, bumped up a weight in the D11 duals against Nazareth and lost to Tahir Parkins by 1. Did it again a week later at state duals and beat Parkins.

I'll venture a guess and say Desmond might be a kid that recruited PSU/Cael more than vice versa, we're pretty set at lower weights. Obvoiusly Cael notoriously calls all PA kids (Rune Lawrence, Collin Gaj, Kollin Rath, etc) to express interest in adding them even if he can't offer a ton of the 9.9 but seems like Desmond is one that is going to his DREAM SCHOOL!

If his father would of been named BECA Head Coach he still would be there.
And he would've been a 4x state champ. The only AAA guys who maybe could hang with him are Ziegler, Sidun, and Dillard (who's at Beca so he doesn't count).

Reactions: Raw Daddy
I'll venture a guess and say Desmond might be a kid that recruited PSU/Cael more than vice versa, we're pretty set at lower weights. Obvoiusly Cael notoriously calls all PA kids (Rune Lawrence, Collin Gaj, Kollin Rath, etc) to express interest in adding them even if he can't offer a ton of the 9.9 but seems like Desmond is one that is going to his DREAM SCHOOL!
I don't think he visited his Dream School (TM).

Not sure if he even got a call from Bobby Telford ... from the University of Iowa.

It would be interesting to see an analysis of top recruits who are sons of coaches. Obviously these kids have advanced technique, but, their pure athleticism might cluster around the mean ….. thus limiting their progression beyond high school. I’m sure each coach has his own methods for evaluating the athletic potential of HS kids who already have a few elite skills.

Reactions: PSU Mike
I remember reading something from 2-3 years ago about Desmond where he stated he loved psu

And he would've been a 4x state champ. The only AAA guys who maybe could hang with him are Ziegler, Sidun, and Dillard (who's at Beca so he doesn't count).
I believe he could of been first AAA 4 timer from District 11. Matt Gerhardt won 4 for Catasuqua but they were AA .
Desmond has good bloodline. His Mom was a Cissulli from the Easton clan.

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT