ADVERTISEMENT

Bye bye New York Yankees! All is right with the world!!

Could not happen to a nicer team and their fans!

:)

Big-money spend thrifts; how'd that work out for you?
I’m in the same world as you with the small market fandom. I have absolutely no problem with the Yankees spending money to win.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Wonder what the Yankee haters say when they see PSU putting tons of money in to their coaches and facilities....probably ok to spend then.

Problem with the Yankees is they spend any money they want, then try and run their team like Billy Beane.

Joey Gallo is the perfect example.

Reactions: bison13
You realize you're rooting for Morgan Stanley against Goldman Sachs, right?

The Red Sox are every bit of the big market, high spend, prima donna team that the Yankees are.

If you want to make a point, root for Tampa Bay to thump the Red Sox. (Spoiler alert -- they will.)

I've never, never cared for the Braves, Cubs, Dodgers, and the Yankees!

I hope they all slip into the sea never to return. :) :D :p :D ;) ;) ;) :)
It’s funny, growing up in Jersey most of my friends were Mets fans which instinctively made me hate the Mets and want the Yankees to be better to make them suffer. It’s possible I’m not a great friend.

Last edited:
I believe that it was Boston that was really whining about small market teams spending big in the draft to get players to forego college. After the Pirates got Josh Bell the next year there was a draft salary cap. It is ok for teams to spend unlimited on Major League talent but heaven forbid a small market tries the strategy to overpay on high ceiling players in the draft.

Reactions: bison13
Spending big money on free agency doesn’t make you a champion. It helps to fill gaps however if the farm system doesn’t produce you will not accomplish anything. This is why the Phillies continue to fail just like the Yankees.

You realize you're rooting for Morgan Stanley against Goldman Sachs, right?

The Red Sox are every bit of the big market, high spend, prima donna team that the Yankees are.

If you want to make a point, root for Tampa Bay to thump the Red Sox. (Spoiler alert -- they will.)
I believe most are also rooting against the Sox, its just the order of how they need to play out.

Id love to see the Rays vs the Brewers, though I am a little biased since I have a former player playing on one team and in the others minor league system.

Things haven't been the same since the " Boss " died He was one of a kind and a football guy before the Yankees. Another unofficial World Series ( only official World Series must have the Yankees! ) :)

FBBdfg7UUAAyqxj

For sheer entertainment, reading Pinstripe Alley these days is the best.
Consensus - cheap bastards need to spend whatever it takes!

Yanks haven't won the pennant in 12 years. Boone says; "The league is narrowing the gap between them and NY. " wtf Aaron?
Time for Boone to go, teams needs a new voice. Time for consideration for Cashman to go as well. If you are going to be an analytic team you don't need to spend what they spend on a team.

Now have the 106 win Dodgers lose tonight and MLB can say, "see we don't need a salary cap everyone and anyone can win it all."

In the AL you have the 5 playoff teams plus 2 that won 90 games. In the NL just the 5 playoff teams (ATL didn't make 90 wins). So of those 12 teams only 7 are in the top half of the league related to payroll. The 5 teams in the top ten in payroll that didn't make the playoffs averaged 76 wins (Phils top at 82) so payroll doesn't assure wins.

At the end of the day MLB will say the system works and is fair.

Little info I found interesting. Bosox beat NY 10 out of 19 games which is why the game was in Fenway. The game that gave Boston its 10th win and assured them of winning the season series was p layed in the Bronx, Boston won 5-4. They were not only losing 4-0 in that game, they were being no-hit thru 7 innings.

I've never, never cared for the Braves, Cubs, Dodgers, and the Yankees!

I hope they all slip into the sea never to return. :) :D :p :D ;) ;) ;) :)
I’m glad you left the Mets off your list. 😁
Just curious, did anyone catch the announcers talk about G. Cole’s contract when he was pulled out of the game? I wonder if that was a subtle dig at the Yankees or Cashman?

MLB badly needs a salary cap. Unfortunately it won't happen. One of the have nots is my team (The Indians/Guardians - dumb name). They have done Ok but it is really hard.

The Yankees lineup is poorly constructed. Too many power hitters and not enough on base guys.

Judge, Stanton, Gallo, Voit, Sanchez, etc. The only on base guy is Lemahieu and he had an uncharacteristically poor year.

Other teams get a guy on base so it's difficult to pitch around the slugger. They advance baserunners and put pressure on pitchers. A walk, advance the runner, and a base hit. Better yet two on and a 3 run homer. The Yankees strike out a lot and don't advance runners. Strikeout, Strikeout, home run. Look at the wildcard game. 2 runs both solo HRs.

I’m glad you left the Mets off your list. 😁
Just curious, did anyone catch the announcers talk about G. Cole’s contract when he was pulled out of the game? I wonder if that was a subtle dig at the Yankees or Cashman?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT