ADVERTISEMENT

By 2014, this will be a distant memory...

Regardless of the public perception endgame, I'd still love to see all of those listed squirm in some public forum about how they royally screwed the pooch. I want their dirty laundry aired.
totally agree. if you are waiting to be recognized for something by other people, you are going to be disappointed. The right way to approach things is to do the right thing, period. If these creeps fingered PSU and Joe for personal gain, its the right thing to take them out.

No, Anthony, this story is never over...because everyone on the list and others want it to last forever.

Many of the ass clowns on this list voted to give one of this fund raising machine (Sandusky) Emertis status over Joe Paternos objections to it and despite the fact that Sandusky did not qualify for such status and the unlimited access to campus facilities that comes with that status. Leaving the public prompted by an incompetent press to promote myths which place their irresponsibility at the feet of Joe Paterno. This is but one example of such cowardice.

So, do we have to wait for nearly everyone on that list to fess up on their death beds. I got news.... It will never happen. If there is info that actually implicates Joe....it can't hurt Joe or his reputation at this point to do so. Not releasing it does hurt though. Obviously the harm in releasing the information resides elsewhere.

It will never happen. Move on.

Yes voting emeritus status over JVP's objections about the liability of bringing children into the FB facilities is a prime example of "Old Main screwed up."

Reactions: denniskembala
Good question. I will ask her. Was at dinner with her last night, celebrating her birthday, and the waitress served both our bread and our salad with tongs (two different sets). Guess who I was thinking of at that moment. :cool:

That's awesome. Must have been a quality restaurant. :)

A slightly related question: On the possibility that the folks from ESPN's Gameday will be visiting us the weekend of October 21, are you aware of any plans to address their scandal emphasis?
They'll assure Steak and Shake Barron that everything will be on the up and up. Their word is good up there.

Freeh started his circus act in early 2010. His first victim-- USC. He would go on to refine his "investigative" model prior to the PSU gig. In between, he attempted to solicit Miami and Baylor (Ken Starr was Freeh's friend) but passed on SUNY Binghampton when it had it's basketball trouble because he wanted to "perfect" the model.

The PSU job fell into his lap. That story soon enough...

Freeh started his circus act in early 2010. His first victim-- USC. He would go on to refine his "investigative" model prior to the PSU gig. In between, he attempted to solicit Miami and Baylor (Ken Starr was Freeh's friend) but passed on SUNY Binghampton when it had it's basketball trouble because he wanted to "perfect" the model.

Not to change the subject but what drove Suhey to take out JVP? Never did understand that.

Instead of “burning bridges” on your way to the fully-understandable PSU BOT “Exit Door”, I suggest that you save your accumulated knowledge and later team up with “others”, such that Joe’s last wish to “seek the truth” has more impact than you acting alone (provided that you don’t willingly violate any “non disclosure clauses”)

Joe would take great pride in a “Team Effort” to “Expose the Truth” than you acting solo.

There’s no need for you to be a martyr. You just need to think this through in a longer-term perspective and find “certain others” who share your passion and knowledge of what really happened.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Instead of “burning bridges” on your way to the fully-understandable PSU BOT “Exit Door”, I suggest that you save your accumulated knowledge and later team up with “others”, such that Joe’s last wish to “seek the truth” has more impact than you acting alone (provided that you don’t willingly violate any “non disclosure clauses”)

Joe would take great pride in a “Team Effort” to “Expose the Truth” than you acting solo.

There’s no need for you to be a martyr. You just need to think this through in a longer-term perspective and find “certain others” who share your passion and knowledge of what really happened.

Just my opinion.

Which bridges have I burned? I truly have no respect, none, for those unwilling to verify the veracity of the Freeh Report. A fundamental duty of Trustees is to inform themselves independently rather than simply accept that which they are told.

The Freeh Report cost PSU more than $8.5 million for the "report" and much more in terms of his indemnification. In addition, the NCAA used the "report" as its basis to intervene in what was a criminal matter. That cost another $60 million. Plus and predictably, each and every claim against PSU involved the "report."

At this point, PSU has expended more than its annual appropriation as a result of this debacle!

So what bridges have I burned?

Which bridges have I burned? I truly have no respect, none, for those unwilling to verify the veracity of the Freeh Report. A fundamental duty of Trustees is to inform themselves independently rather than simply accept that which they are told.

The Freeh Report cost PSU more than $8.5 million for the "report" and much more in terms of his indemnification. In addition, the NCAA used the "report" as its basis to intervene in what was a criminal matter. That cost another $60 million. Plus and predictably, each and every claim against PSU involved the "report."

At this point, PSU has expended more than its annual appropriation as a result of this debacle!

Exactly, and who wants a bridge to the likes of those people in any case.

Freeh did his thing at commercial entities as well. Some of my friends ran into him on projects .... feedback always was that he did not know what he was doing and would say anything.

Reactions: Bob78
Freeh is a menace....a purveyor of whatever truth du jour his clients need him to produce. It would be interesting to see his response should his game ever be exposed.

None that I know of so far, but I interpreted your post (perhaps erroneously) as suggesting that you had some stories to tell which might be more than a bit embarrassing for the BOT and subject you to disciplinary action by your peers.

Regarding Prosecutorial misconduct, truth be told, I did not believe any of it to be true at first. This is based upon my experience as a prosecutor and my interactions with others in my office. However, after the shenanigans that been shown to exist in PA, I understand why there is mistrust out there.

I was speaking with my supervisor yesterday, and I brought up this email. I asked him if he would write it, or ever tell a witness that. He stated that it would be unethical (that was my opinion as well). I can't even imagine what kind of trouble I would get into if I told a witness he was not free to talk...I could say whatever he said could be used to contradict him etc, but I could never tell a witness to keep his mouth shut. It is further exacerbated by the fact that he said there were untruths, and this could be interpreted very easily as a prosecutor willing to proceed on lies and suppressing the truth.

My boss then asked if all the appeals were done. I told him that they were not, but I didn't think they would be successful. My supervisor prosecuted sex crimes for a few years. When he heard that the defense attorney was denied a continuance request after only having 6 mos to prepare for that many victims over a substantial period of time, his response was that the conviction would definitely be overturned. (Of course, we practice in California, so things might be a bit different).

While I think that Sandusky is more than guilty, the prosecution of this case was shady to say the least.

Freeh did his thing at commercial entities as well. Some of my friends ran into him on projects .... feedback always was that he did not know what he was doing and would say anything.

The folks who run USC knew exactly what they were getting for their money when they hired Freeh. A lot of people regard Freeh as a joke, but the Trojans will flog that joke like crazy in the hope of minimizing the sanctions they face.

November 2015 - Plaintiff Trustees granted access to Freeh Documents

3 months later: No comments of any kind from the Plaintiff Trustees with regard to the status or findings of their review.

6 months later: No comments of any kind from the Plaintiff Trustees with regard to the status or findings of their review.

July 2016:
- Plaintiff Trustees unanimously support Ira Lubert for Penn State Board Chairman – in exchange for permission to hold Paterno Golden Anniversary Party.
- Ira Lubert and Mark Dambly take full control of the University.

9 months later: No comments of any kind from the Plaintiff Trustees with regard to the status or findings of their review.

September 2016:
- Paterno Golden Anniversary Party held at Medlar/Lubrano Stadium

12 months later
: No comments of any kind from the Plaintiff Trustees with regard to the status or findings of their review.

15 months later: No comments of any kind from the Plaintiff Trustees with regard to the status or findings of their review.

March 2017:
- Gary Schultz and Tim Curley Plead Guilty to Child Endangerment.
March 2017:
- Graham Spanier presents No Defense and is convicted on Child Endangerment.

18 months later: No comments of any kind from the Plaintiff Trustees with regard to the status or findings of their review.

July 2017:
- Tim Curley and Gary Schultz begin serving prison sentences.
July 2017:
- Mark Dambly succeeds Ira Lubert as Penn State Board Chairman

21 months later: No comments of any kind from the Plaintiff Trustees with regard to the status or findings of their review.

September 2017:
- Gary Schultz released from prison.
October 2017:
- Tim Curley released from prison.

Today: Still, no comments of any kind from the Plaintiff Trustees with regard to the status or findings of their review.

Stepping into an Echo Chamber, and taking a few whacks at long-hanging fruit like Louis Freeh and the NCAA, doesn't exactly raise the "Quest for Truth" factor very much.

I think it is abundantly clear what the goals and objectives and priorities are/were of the Plaintiff Trustees.
And what the goals and objectives and priorities are not.

Others may disagree, but your post is accurate and on target. Your thoughts and ideas have almost always been on point with the issues, in my opinion. Unfortunately, your inclusion of vulgarity, obscene remarks, name calling, etc. drowned out your message.

I very much enjoy your new style which leaves that other garbage out and I encourage you to continue writing in the style which you have displayed in the past few weeks. Good luck.

That Lubrano character sure does talk a lot but he doesn't say much. The sign of a true politician.

Another sign? Know exactly how to play to your constituents weakness. I'd say he's had that one down to a tee since day one. "Honor Joe!" "Review the Freeh Report!"

Just what has been accomplished by the efforts of Mr. Lubrano?

That crm114psu character sure does talk a lot but he doesn't say much. The sign of a true politician.

Another sign? Know exactly how to play to your constituents weakness. I'd say he's had that one down to a tee since day one. "It's all Joe's fault!" "The Freeh Report is gospel!"

Just what has been accomplished by the efforts of crm114psu?

Now that gameday at Penn State has been made official, have there been or will there be any discussions with ESPN about their heavy scandal emphasis & related negativity toward PSU in preparation for this weekend?

And I understand if you prefer to not comment on this.

"Just remember - blame the dead guy for everything".
5 years on and I still struggle with the fact that Penn State stooped to this level of deviousness.
vq2z2t.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT