ADVERTISEMENT

Burroughs drama/Willie wantin' some perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still waiting for Willie to comment on his boy Manning throwing kisses at the crowd after the MM match.
I'll just say this and be done with the topic

You guys have an answer for everything
• JB started it
• I'm tight w/ Nebraska
• MM was an innocent bystander
• It happens in other sports

and the oft repeated but not remotely accurate
• it was just one guy and it was just this one day

with the exception that y'all are focusing your energy on my tweet (one in which i praised the staff and athletes and that is deleted now) this thread (which i didn't even make) is almost a mirror image to stuff on HR wherein, after an incident, they are in a silo of denial. The whole wrestling world feels one way except the fan base in question.

At the end of the day this is the situation

I feel the PSU crowd could be better. Not b/c this singular incident, but b/c things I've heard over the years. I feel the same about the Iowa crowd. And just because it happens in other sports, I wish that we would hold ourselves to a higher standard.

That's how i feel. I don't know what else to say other than thinking that I took an unwarranted or uninformed shot at the flagship school in my home state was out of some sort of bias is just crazy talk.

I'll just say this and be done with the topic.

Stick to the mats. Pontificating on off-the-mat drama is way beyond your credentials.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for Willie to comment on his boy Manning throwing kisses at the crowd after the MM match.

I'll just say this and be done with the topic.

Stick to the mats. Pontificating on off-the-mat drama is way beyond your credentials.
That tool was throwing kisses to the crowd??!! And we’re mad that crap got thrown back? 😂

Guess JB Press Secretaries missed that.

I'll just leave the following comment here: The phrase "Be Better" is rather fascinating, and I have to wonder where Willie learned that phrase, because that phrase has DAMN SURE never been uttered by ANYONE in Easton.

😂 😂 😂+Thx again folks, try the veal!

• JB started it
• I'm tight w/ Nebraska

with the exception that y'all are focusing your energy on my tweet (one in which i praised the staff and athletes and that is deleted now) this thread (which i didn't even make) is almost a mirror image to stuff on HR wherein, after an incident, they are in a silo of denial. The whole wrestling world feels one way except the fan base in question.

I feel the PSU crowd could be better. Not b/c this singular incident, but b/c things I've heard over the years. I feel the same about the Iowa crowd. And just because it happens in other sports, I wish that we would hold ourselves to a higher standard.

That's how i feel. I don't know what else to say other than thinking that I took an unwarranted or uninformed shot at the flagship school in my home state was out of some sort of bias is just crazy talk.
Didn't even see the text, but listened to your podcast (most of it) with Fellers. That wasn't stellar. I would say that you didn't comment on the performers themselves (that I heard) and that was warranted.

Reactions: Ski
I booed JB when he pushed MM’s head down, as a PSU fan it was warranted (the booing). Do I dislike him, no he’s one of if not the best senior wrestlers the US has ever seen. I also do not condone people being a**holes the way I saw as he was leaving the stadium after the Nolf match. However I don’t think that should give PSU fans a black eye as a fan base. Putting all PSU fans into the same group would be a gross misrepresentation.

Lastly I want to say that, that was an excellent event and was run very well. For me that was a once in a lifetime attendance and living 40 minutes away allowed it to happen. My family and I had a blast attending and watching some amazing wrestling.

Reactions: creamery freak

• JB started it
• I'm tight w/ Nebraska

Your Captain Obvious statement that “the PSU crowd could be better” is the issue. News flash: ALL crowds ever assembled for any purpose can be better. Why? Because they’re formed by unique humans with temperaments that run the gamut, and triggers that do the same. Not acknowledging that every crowd everywhere contains a % of potential poor behavior that, if seen, shouldn’t be ascribed to the whole is why any fanbase would push back.

Your Captain Obvious statement that “the PSU crowd could be better” is the issue. News flash: ALL crowds ever assembled for any purpose can be better. Why? Because they’re formed by unique humans with temperaments that run the gamut, and triggers that do the same. Not acknowledging that every crowd everywhere contains a % of potential poor behavior that, if seen, shouldn’t be ascribed to the whole is why any fanbase would push back.
You’re wasting your time. The crowd was never the issue, and that’s why, despite the pleas that “It’s not the first time”, you rarely hear him mention it.

His boys got cocky then got soft when they had it thrown back at them. Then the wrestling media had to back them for access. Everything after that was just trying to justify backing them.

Shocking Willie sees the most issues with behavior at Iowa and Penn State. Let’s grow the sport, but then bash fan bases when a handful of fans act inappropriately. Look at the numbers for average crowd size per dual… see any link Willie?

You’re wasting your time. The crowd was never the issue, and that’s why, despite the pleas that “It’s not the first time”, you rarely hear him mention it.

His boys got cocky then got soft when they had it thrown back at them. Then the wrestling media had to back them for access. Everything after that was just trying to justify backing them.
Agreed. If Willie were fair, he would have called out Manning for blowing kisses to the crowd and instigating a more viral reaction from the crowd. I'm already on record as saying MM disappointed me with his actions in that match, but the return response by JB was greater and then Manning egged both JB and the crowd on to its logical conclusion. Manning is the real bad guy here and not JB nor the crowd. He's a college coach for goodness sakes, and embarrassed Nebraska by his actions. He should be reprimanded but probably won't be.

Let's also remember that MM is 20. JB is 35, and Manning is 60. The 60 year old turned out to be the punk clown.

Last edited:
Agreed. If Willie were fair, he would have called out Manning for blowing kisses to the crowd and instigating a more viral reaction from the crowd. I'm already on record as saying MM disappointed me with his actions in that match, but the return response by JB was greater and then Manning egged both JB and the crowd on to its logical conclusion. Manning is the real bad guy here and not JB. He's a college coach for goodness sakes, and embarrassed Nebraska by his actions. He should be reprimanded but probably won't be.

Let's also remember that MM is 20. JB is 35, and Manning is 60. The 60 year old turned out to be the punk clown.
“Be better”, though.

Congrats, boys.

You've now hit 2018 HR levels of delusion, denial, and selective reasoning.

you're right on the verge of 2020 status wherein you start engendering conspiracy theories.
Keep digging in the heels Willie. Are you capable of apologizing? or amending your original tweet? Or admitting that it was in the heat of the moment? Goodness, and I thought I had a hard head. I say this because I don't remember you retracting your tweet about it being unfair that CStar was able to wrestle nationals without wrestling B1Gs. Even though he won. Even though he was on the side of the bracket with two other NCAA champs. On one leg.

You may be tops on the recruiting scene, and I give you props for that. That said, it doesn't make you any smarter than the average fan about anything else, so please slow your roll and stop being condescending..

You may be tops on the recruiting scene, and I give you props for that. That said, it doesn't make you any smarter than the average fan about anything else, so please slow your roll and stop being condescending..
How dare you say this about the brain. You should be ashamed.

Reactions: danoftw
Congrats, boys.

You've now hit 2018 HR levels of delusion, denial, and selective reasoning.

you're right on the verge of 2020 status wherein you start engendering conspiracy theories.
I heard from a very levelheaded, mature, fair, and reasonable source that we were already such bad fans for the past decade. I'm not sure we can get any worse.

@Richie O @KlenderJoey

Past time to lock down this thread. One side won't name the supposed incidents that make PSU one of the worst two fan bases. The other has dug in its heels.

Both sides are committed to insulting each other, so there's that.

At this point it's abundantly clear that nothing positive will come from this.
You don’t like tough message boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT