ADVERTISEMENT

Burroughs drama/Willie wantin' some perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'll tell you guys right now, i've heard horrible, horrible things in REC and BJC.

the worst was seeing a whole section really ragging on an opposing wrestler's mother.

it was uncomfortable and unconscionable.

and it wasn't isolated. even at PSU Opens over a decade ago.

and i've said the same thing on HR a few years back.

I was next to Mark Hall when there were racial stuff being shouted. i talked to him about it afterward.

it's obviously not the entire fan base, but the good ones need to discourage the crap.
Likewise, people who hear those things need to ask to Security to remove the offenders.

you can say anything you want.

cheer for anyone you want. root against anyone you want.

but when/if you say scumbag things i'm allowed to say you said scumbag things.

for the umpteenth time, it's not about this one incident.

and if the shoe was on the other foot - if this was an iowa fan, i would be saying the same thing and you'd be agreeing with me.

you're being tribal and defensive.

Can we not be better than that?

i keep seeing 'but what about fans in other sports? geez you're soft'

how about we just be better humans?

"Whatever happened to "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words can never hurt me"?

As for "scumbag things"; who is going to determine what constitutes a "scum bag" thing?

As for El Jefe's idea of asking security to remove people; man lets just create an army of AI powered Karens to police the crowd.

The more this histrionic indignity goes on and the more the viigilantes gather with torches; the more I remember a line from the first Jurassic Park.

"Do you hear yourself, when you talk"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ja1339 and Grass
"Be Better"

Hey Willie -
You strut in here on a white horse ... when on your twitter you're just a constant cesspool of conspiracy theories, hate posts, low-IQ political BS, Alex Jones-level brain dead slander.

You're a piece of work. 🤡
If it wasn't for wrestling, you'd live under a bridge somewhere, collecting aluminum cans for dimes.

Why don't you log off for the day. Beat it.
Willie is good guy and good for the sport. I've met him twice before he became a fixture in wrestling on the national scene.
He maybe posted something that irritated our fan base.. Some fans think they have to be part of the story. That's the problem.
I took my family to an Ironpigs game a few years ago and got into it with a guy sitting behind me yelling F this and F that, every couple of minutes. Ushers did nothing about it. I finally told the guy to shut up. He started to give me crap and it got a little nasty. It was then that numerous fans supported me and the guy left.
If I don't speak up, no one else was going to.

and if the shoe was on the other foot - if this was an iowa fan, i would be saying the same thing and you'd be agreeing with me.

Is it possible that your known connections to Lincoln are leaving you with similar feels?

Why did you give that tool bag Manning when he called a legend of the sport a liar? You call it how you see it, but you don't see clearly at times.

i'll tell you guys right now, i've heard horrible, horrible things in REC and BJC.

the worst was seeing a whole section really ragging on an opposing wrestler's mother.

I was next to Mark Hall when there were racial stuff being shouted. i talked to him about it afterward.

it's obviously not the entire fan base, but the good ones need to discourage the crap.
You never been to a pro nfl game , nba game , or nhl game , or mlb game I take it

Or to a playoff game

I am guessing bc people do this shit alll damn game long Cuss out the other teams and their fans

not sure what you're talking about.

i wrote on here it was a stupid take. i said on two shows it was a stupid take. i told manning it was stupid. the rest of the staff said it was stupid.

that being said - what does that have to do with the fans?

in the same tweet you're complaining about i said 'the staff and the athletes preach what's right and pure'.

You never been to a pro nfl game , nba game , or nhl game , or mlb game I take it

Or to a playoff game

I am guessing bc people do this shit alll damn game long Cuss out the other teams and their fans

check previous page.

that's not the bar i think we should set for wrestling

'because it happens all the time in other sports'

does not make it acceptable.

Reactions: hlstone and Fatmarc
I think this is a nothing burger that is getting blown out of proportion because everyone is bored.

I am not into moral equivalency, but picture this. Carter rubs people the wrong way, and we all seem to like it. Give him a decade and 7 World/Oly medals and he probably pisses off all non PSU fans on a weekly basis.

The end of any hall of fame career, for the most competitive of competitive beings is always very difficult.

Let's let this one go and move on?
Well stated !

Reactions: Fatmarc
I do think everyone is making too big a deal out of all this…
The athletes have poured their hearts and souls into this, so if one acts like they shouldn’t who cares.. it’s a moment of weakness..
I’ve competed at a very high level in another sport and we don’t always act like we should, the pressure can get to us all. So I’m cutting JB some slack on this…

Reactions: Fatmarc
Lol. JB more than face mushed MM in the back of the head. He basically with full force and space hammered down on the back of the head real hard. Way different then a normal face mush. For so many years JB has thrown unnecessary shade at PSU wrestlers. He acted like a prima donna when losing to Marsteller last year. Then made stupid comments towards Chance when he lost ay worlds. Like come on stop being a baby. Yes i know DT did it many years ago to Cox also, and as a fan of DT is was petty for him to throw shade when he lost his opportunity to beat Cox.

Anyway the booing from the crowd, now and the neutral fans or haters are all bitches. Every single one of them. Oh my you have no class for booing a legend. JB can dish it out, he surely better be able to take it. If it was in Nebraske and the roles were reversed, those fans would have 100 percent did the exact same thing. They would have booed and been pissed that happened to JB. Now as far as the throwing insults and making personal attacks as a guy is walking off the mat? Thats totally uncalled for. Those people are cowards. But the booing during the moment and the crowd supporting there wrestler is part of all sports. JB lost the chance to be respected with his actions. Heck i loved the Malice at the Palace back in the day. I loved the fact they went in the stands and started shit. Those certain people over stepped there boundaries. Don't make it more than booing and be throwing personal attacks from the crowd.

Jden Cox on the other hand is the epitome of a decent human. His whole career he always loses with class and is always respectful. Did you see his ovation he received from the PSU crowd? Hmmm. Wonder why?

Lol. JB more than face mushed MM in the back of the head. He basically with full force and space hammered down on the back of the head real hard. Way different then a normal face mush. For so many years JB has thrown unnecessary shade at PSU wrestlers. He acted like a prima donna when losing to Marsteller last year. Then made stupid comments towards Chance when he lost ay worlds. Like come on stop being a baby. Yes i know DT did it many years ago to Cox also, and as a fan of DT is was petty for him to throw shade when he lost his opportunity to beat Cox.

Anyway the booing from the crowd, now and the neutral fans or haters are all bitches. Every single one of them. Oh my you have no class for booing a legend. JB can dish it out, he surely better be able to take it. If it was in Nebraske and the roles were reversed, those fans would have 100 percent did the exact same thing. They would have booed and been pissed that happened to JB. Now as far as the throwing insults and making personal attacks as a guy is walking off the mat? Thats totally uncalled for. Those people are cowards. But the booing during the moment and the crowd supporting there wrestler is part of all sports. JB lost the chance to be respected with his actions. Heck i loved the Malice at the Palace back in the day. I loved the fact they went in the stands and started shit. Those certain people over stepped there boundaries. Don't make it more than booing and be throwing personal attacks from the crowd.

Jden Cox on the other hand is the epitome of a decent human. His whole career he always loses with class and is always respectful. Did you see his ovation he received from the PSU crowd? Hmmm. Wonder why?

A reminder of how we got here:

A reminder of how we got here:

I don’t know that any of that is how we got here.

We got here when a fan yelled at a guy to retire and his team apparently went in the stands. Then wrestling media called State College dumb for not throwing JB a parade.

Reactions: danoftw
“Fair weather rando???”

Season ticket holder, haven’t missed a match (either in person, radio, or TV) in decades, literally have listened to Byers from London and Paris and Epcot and Switzerland and … starting w Sonny Abe’s national championship final when I got addicted to Ironhead. Became a wrestling fan when Dad took me to Wilkes wrestling in 1970s.

Throw stones (you or JB or Manning) and expect to get them thrown back.
@aalion
I bet we were at the same Wilkes matches when we were kids. I used to wrestle with Roger Beard (son of the basketball team) when the matches and basketball games were going on.

well, the funny thing is, you guys are on here ripping me.

what's it have to do w/ me?

the entire wrestling media universe is/was talking about it. i just happen to agree with them.
Social media isn't the entire universe. Why don't you say all the Nebraska and Iowa fans are talking about it. If this was held at carver we would here the same shit about that fan base. I really don't see the issues with booing a wrestler and I know you say it happened way before and I can't wait to hear about that. If you want to see really.wrestlimg fan debacles go to any high school meet in Pa during wrestling season this shit is tame compared to that lmfao

I agree Willie we do need to discourage it and most of us have. However, you and I both know this shit isn't going to change when you sell alcohol at a competitive event just not happening it's a cultural issue every fan base does it unfortunately especially at home events

@aalion
I bet we were at the same Wilkes matches when we were kids. I used to wrestle with Roger Beard (son of the basketball team) when the matches and basketball games were going on.
My Dad was very good friend w George Ralston, who the football stadium is now named after. Pretty sure back then I was just going for the hot dogs and to hang w Dad, but they were good memories.

I agree Willie we do need to discourage it and most of us have. However, you and I both know this shit isn't going to change when you sell alcohol at a competitive event just not happening it's a cultural issue every fan base does it unfortunately especially at home events
gonna get some bad eggs anywhere you go!

Alcohol is an excuse, and not a good one.

Julian Fleming regularly got a lot worse taunts in HS than Burroughs did yesterday, and those local schools likely didn't sell booze.

Reactions: District four
Can we not be better than that?

i keep seeing 'but what about fans in other sports? geez you're soft'

how about we just be better humans?
How about you name 1 fan base… in any sport … anywhere… that wouldn’t react when an opposing athlete:

- announces he is attacking the home team athlete’s injury

- gets into a month long pissing match w 2 home team athletes

- gets into a shoving match w a 3rd home town athlete

- then loses to a 4th home town athlete in front of the home crowd.

Name 1 fan base that wouldn’t let that guy hear it. Anywhere.

Reactions: Ja1339
When you speak the truth, you need to speak the whole truth.

That fan was out of line, but why was there no mention of Burrows' and Manning's actions during and after the previous match? You are disingenuous if you think that wouldn't piss off any fan base.
Because he and Manning are buddies. It is the only reason he has his panties in a bunch. His friend, who has been a classless douche for decades, was butthurt yet again.

check previous page.

that's not the bar i think we should set for wrestling

'because it happens all the time in other sports'

does not make it acceptable.
You are making wrestling look weak man

When top 5 generational nhl talent Sidney Crosby torches the flyers , rangers and islanders And those fans call him *ay , a crybaby Wussy Weak Does he say anything ? Do nhl greats from the past comment Hey be nice to him ?? Nope
They just go out and dominate

This makes the sport look like wussies all this complaining

Tribal and defensive is easy to say when on a PSU board being defensive is making excuses for behavior. That's not what's happening here. I hear logic and reasonable responses to accusations which is what is supposed to happen. If you are going to call out fans call out the athletes who spur this shit on or better yet manning who was extremely unprofessional. If you think these two don't have an axe to grind because of PSU success then I don't know what to tell you. It's blatantly obvious.

My Dad was very good friend w George Ralston, who the football stadium is now named after. Pretty sure back then I was just going for the hot dogs and to hang w Dad, but they were good memories.
Yes…they were good times…and great memories with my dad too. I think I saw ALL of the Wilkes football games in the late 60’s and early 70’s (when they had that 33 game winning streak)

Reactions: aalion
Tribal and defensive is easy to say when on a PSU board being defensive is making excuses for behavior. That's not what's happening here. I hear logic and reasonable responses to accusations which is what is supposed to happen. If you are going to call out fans call out the athletes who spur this shit on or better yet manning who was extremely unprofessional. If you think these two don't have an axe to grind because of PSU success then I don't know what to tell you. It's blatantly obvious.
Manning was literally blowing kisses to the crowd after the MM match. WTF did he think was going to happen the next time he was out there?

I read and listen to wrestling media for wrestling info,stats,results. Don’t even know most of their names and don’t care who they think are good or bad fans or humans. World is full of people who aren’t as perfect as internet people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT