ADVERTISEMENT

Buckeye Wrestleoffs - a desperate plea

It's hard to guage accurately looking through my blue and white lenses, but other than 3 guys that was a frigging train wreck.

Even Lemonpie might see us losing only 1 match.... :) granted we missed McKenna, ok Lemon sees us losing 2.

Reactions: lionlover
There is no comparison between Singletary and Cassar. Worlds apart at this time.

That's not to say Cassar is winning the spot. But Singletary would get murdered by Nick. By AC as well.
I think that's right, but I wasn't comparing Cassar to Singletary so much as comparing the relative weight gap between both light HWTs and the guy above them. I mean, both PSU guys are upgrades over their tOSU counterparts, but I think the skill gap between Cassar and Nevills is probably close too. And I can imagine the match going similarly.

The Kerkvleit recruit makes more sense. Chase Singletary looks very MEH. His record last year was pretty medocre in open tourneys. Not sure why, as he was a top rated blue chipper, granted undersized, but.... He looks out of shape too

He beat everybody they put in front of him at 195 and then 220...Cohlton Schultz etc.. That is why he was top rated. He looked totally disinterested tonight. I was expecting to see a physically ripped 235 lb. heavyweight. He looked soft and slow......nothing like he did in high school. Very surprising

Last edited:
There is no comparison between Singletary and Cassar. Worlds apart at this time.

That's not to say Cassar is winning the spot. But Singletary would get murdered by Nick. By AC as well.
Agreed. Cassar's finishes and re-attacks will translate much more kindly.

I think that's right, but I wasn't comparing Cassar to Singletary so much as comparing the relative weight gap between both light HWTs and the guy above them. I mean, both PSU guys are upgrades over their tOSU counterparts, but I think the skill gap between Cassar and Nevills is probably close too. And I can imagine the match going similarly.

I think Singletary is the exception in this case. Maybe because his best leg attack is a low single? Idk, I haven't watched him enough. There's plenty more precedence for 184/197 to HWT success to be discouraged by Singletary.

He beat everybody they put in front of him at 195 and then 220...Cohlton Schultz etc.. That is why he was top rated. He looked totally disinterested tonight. I was expecting to see a physically ripped 235 lb. heavyweight. He looked soft and slow......nothing like he did in high school. Very surprising
Get him a tanning bed and some deadlifts and he will look a lot better...may not wrestle better, but look better.

Super helpful thread, fellas. Thanks to all who watched & described. Crop, your pbp is sensational. Would love to have you visit BSD, where the software makes for friendlier live-threading, for some duals this Winter. Thanks again.

Reactions: Ski
Thanks from me as well. Sitting here in Denver with a couple minutes to catch up...y’all made it easy.

Hope for the same for the World Championships...busy with family most of the next two days.

Super helpful thread, fellas. Thanks to all who watched & described. Crop, your pbp is sensational. Would love to have you visit BSD, where the software makes for friendlier live-threading, for some duals this Winter. Thanks again.
@CropDuster507 only thing missing -- needed to drop some MF bombs so it would resemble Kanye doing PBP.

Reactions: CropDuster507
I don't know what BSD is, but that'd be dope.

@CropDuster507 only thing missing -- needed to drop some MF bombs so it would resemble Kanye doing PBP.
I need special privileges to use the f-word, Tom. I promise no more than one per post. The people have spoken. #DusterFBombs #FForFreedom

I don't know what BSD is, but that'd be dope.
You would fit right in at Black Shoe Diaries and have a smooth transition on the wrestling pages -- lots of good posters and many of the same jokes.

Might need a crash course on football and other PSU non-wrestling jokes that end up on wrestling threads ... but you'll catch on.

Also, f bombs flow like water. No privileges needed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT