ADVERTISEMENT

BTW - Kent State lost at home on Saturday....

Thanks for the BREAKING NEWS!!

Any updates on the 2012 Presidential race??

They took us into the fourth quarter.

This, right now, is not a good football team and Temple is a 50-50 game.
I think PSU will beat Temple, as Temple lost a lot from last year's team. But, it will likely be like the Kent State game - close for a half, and then hopefully Penn State opens it up in the second half.....the Big 10 schedule could get ugly however....

I drove two hours to the ksu game...

Just after I got to my seat, the stadium was evacuated (all 20 of us were forced to leave) for lightning... I sat under the stands for 1.5 hours, waiting, while it poured.

Heard the game was cancelled, so I left.

Got a motel room on the way home. And then a text at 8:15pm - "players are on the field". Watched it on espn3 in the motel room.

I was really impressed w NC A&T. Man - they have some players. Besides that, Kent finds a way to lose... Being a Kent fan (since 1985) is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer.

Reactions: ChiTownLion
I drove two hours to the ksu game...

Just after I got to my seat, the stadium was evacuated (all 20 of us were forced to leave) for lightning... I sat under the stands for 1.5 hours, waiting, while it poured.

Heard the game was cancelled, so I left.

Got a motel room on the way home. And then a text at 8:15pm - "players are on the field". Watched it on espn3 in the motel room.

I was really impressed w NC A&T. Man - they have some players. Besides that, Kent finds a way to lose... Being a Kent fan (since 1985) is like hitting yourself in the head with a hammer.

Much like reading many of the posters on here.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
I think PSU will beat Temple, as Temple lost a lot from last year's team. But, it will likely be like the Kent State game - close for a half, and then hopefully Penn State opens it up in the second half.....the Big 10 schedule could get ugly however....

Temple is a much better team than Kent State. We could very well lose this game.

Couple of "details"...it was in four OT's and it was after kent gave up a 3rd and 21 that led to the game tying score at 17-17.

Couple of "details"...it was in four OT's and it was after kent gave up a 3rd and 21 that led to the game tying score at 17-17.

I guess that makes it alright then, lmao. That's a "scrappy" SWAC team, or MEAC, or whatever, so it's all good.

I guess that makes it alright then, lmao. That's a "scrappy" SWAC team, or MEAC, or whatever, so it's all good.

You have a penchant for reading things into posts that are not there.

giphy.gif

Villanova played a much better game defensively than Penn State and Villanova came out on the field to play football. Penn State did not.

yeah....well, years ago, writers used to show how Slippery Rock was the national champions. Using that logic, Central Michigan is a top ten team right now. Each game is different. You cannot convince me that Villanova "came out to play football" and Penn State did not. Simply two different games with two different paradigms.

yeah....well, years ago, writers used to show how Slippery Rock was the national champions. Using that logic, Central Michigan is a top ten team right now. Each game is different. You cannot convince me that Villanova "came out to play football" and Penn State did not. Simply two different games with two different paradigms.

I don't have to convince you, or anyone else that PSU didn't come out to play football: Those who know the game and don't blow sunshine up others asses, know that they didn't. I can name names if you'd like.

I don't have to convince you, or anyone else that PSU didn't come out to play football: Those who know the game and don't blow sunshine up others asses, know that they didn't. I can name names if you'd like.

Take the bet.

LOL....yep, you are correct and everyone else is wrong...check.

stick_figure_drawing_four_check_marks_md_wm_v2.gif

Fact is, Penn State fell behind 28-7.

let me be more serious. PSU was playing with a LOT of players playing in their first meaningful game. CJF anticipated, and I understand it, that these kids may be right. he also didn't know what he had. i mean, seriously, people think McSorley is a good runner. On what planet? The only way to know for sure it to play the game. Contrast that to Pitt that has 12 starters that started last year, 11 are seniors. He has a seasoned, two or three year starter at QB and an all american at running back.

Of course you prepare them differently. Would it have been any different if CJF went all Hitler Rant on the team last week? We'll never know. But I can understand CJF's reasoning. And, we'll also see if either team lets down this coming week.

Nah, we physically beat Kent State so bad they were wore out that's why they lost.

Same story for Pitt this week. Just watch. Dead team walking this week against Oklahoma State.

You said they came out flat and blamed CJF. They didn't come out flat, they were moving the ball but ran into several penalties.

wrong.gif
No, you are an apologist and you are blind. Just listened to 3 different call in shows from around the state: Nearly every caller, and all three hosts, agreed that PSU was not ready to play, did not come out ready to play, and it was shocking. What you and your little circle of apologists represent, is not representative of our fan base, or any kind of truth, in what happened on that field.

No, you are an apologist and you are blind. Just listened to 3 different call in shows from around the state: Nearly every caller, and all three hosts, agreed that PSU was not ready to play, did not come out ready to play, and it was shocking. What you and your little circle of apologists represent, is not representative of our fan base, or any kind of truth, in what happened on that field.
Yeah? And if Hamilton hauls that pass in for a TD, CJF out coached Narduzzi and is the best head coach south of Myer and Saban!!!

C'mon, you know how this works.

Yeah? And if Hamilton hauls that pass in for a TD, CJF out coached Narduzzi and is the best head coach south of Myer and Saban!!!

C'mon, you know how this works.
If Hamilton pulls in that pass, Pitt has their kickoff return unit on the field vs PSU's kickoff unit, to the side of the field that the big kid could not kick into the end zone, with the same unit that gave up a 90 yard return, and Pitt has two timeouts, and nearly 2 minutes left on the clock, against a defense that gave up 42 points.

You know how this works too.

Franklin has beaten three teams at the end of games during his time here, none of the three were anywhere near good football teams. Every single other close game, he has found a way to lose.

Then Pitt must really suck. Barely beat a team at home that barely beat a team that lost at home to AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile North Carolina...or whatever.

a QB that only threw 15 passes for 91 yards and a team that couldn't move the ball in the fourth quarter. Are you seriously predicting a return for a TD? hell, CJF could instruct julius to kick the ball out of bounds. PSU would have been up by four and Pitt would have needed a TD.

Wow lost by three and they weren't even there to play football. I guess that makes Narduzzi a way worse coach than Franklin...so we got that going for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT