ADVERTISEMENT

BTN This time last year

10 Years After

Jul 26, 2013
Is it just my old, faulty memory or was this time last year one massive MSU lovefest with constant MSU football programming on BTN since MSU were the reigning champs?

Reactions: NedFromYork
Glory days for the green and white. Now all I can think of when the subject of msu comes up is their disgusting culture and lou anna simon eating shit.

Reactions: bwifan and BBrown
Is it just my old, faulty memory or was this time last year one massive MSU lovefest with constant MSU football programming on BTN since MSU were the reigning champs?
Yeah- it was even worse than all the Michigan OSU games the play over and over again.

Yes! Didn't they even do a show about their training camp - Green and White Days? Where is Blue and White Days?!

They may be forced into showing more Blue and White programming. They do show the BIG Championship game rather often along with our victory over OSU last fall. As long as we continue to win the programming will increase, I think.

They may be forced into showing more Blue and White programming. They do show the BIG Championship game rather often along with our victory over OSU last fall. As long as we continue to win the programming will increase, I think.

Yes I just re-watched the tOSU game the other day. After viewing it, with a bit more neutrality, the media was full of shit with their "fluke win" comment. There was nothing "flukey" about it. We dominated them the entire 4th quarter and for a good part of the 3rd.

I noticed recently that we are often the opposition's "Classic" game. Iowa, Indy, MD all played in the last couple days as PSU losses.

I noticed recently that we are often the opposition's "Classic" game. Iowa, Indy, MD all played in the last couple days as PSU losses.

Well I guess, to be fair, since IU and MD have only beaten us once a piece I guess that is their "classic" game.
Rugers had their shot for a "classic" game but blew it. LOL.

They played the 2014 OSU victory over PSU right after the 2016 PSU over OSU game the other night. Now THAT was a slap in the face.

Yes I just re-watched the tOSU game the other day. After viewing it, with a bit more neutrality, the media was full of shit with their "fluke win" comment. There was nothing "flukey" about it. We dominated them the entire 4th quarter and for a good part of the 3rd.
I'd disagree. Anytime you win a game on a runback of a blocked field goal--which, as I recall, had not ever happened in a PSU game--it's at least a little fluky. And yes we played well and deserved to be in that game--even to win it. Maybe we win anyway if there had just been the block or the field goal was missed. But that was really an unusual play.

I'd disagree. Anytime you win a game on a runback of a blocked field goal--which, as I recall, had not ever happened in a PSU game--it's at least a little fluky. And yes we played well and deserved to be in that game--even to win it. Maybe we win anyway if there had just been the block or the field goal was missed. But that was really an unusual play.

We'll agree to disagree then because I found nothing "flukey" about it, it was a great play by all involved.
Maybe if it had been the last play of the game but even then when Auburn beat Alabama on a missed FG returned for TD
I don't remember them (Auburn) being downgraded for a "flukey" win.

We would have gotten the ball back with enough time to tie and force OT without the FG block and score.
Could we have done it ? Maybe.
I do know that even Herbie was remarking during the 4th quarter that PSU felt " no threat " from tOSU's downfield passing. Our defense, especially the DL, was the real surprise of the game.

Reactions: BBrown

What really bothers me when Herbstreit and his media cronies were talking "fluke win" because of Penn State's blocked FG return is the following:

1. OSU also blocked a Penn State FG attempt.
2. OSU received an unforced fumbled punt by PSU deep in Lion territory to set up a Buckeye TD.
3. OSU received a free 2 points on an unforced bad snap over the PSU punter's head.

Now, do you really think Herbstreit or anyone else in the media would have talked about an OSU victory being the result of 3 such "fluke" plays? No. We would have heard about how all those superior buckeye athletes made the plays to win the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
What really bothers me when Herbstreit and his media cronies were talking "fluke win" becaszue of Penn State's blocked FG return is the following:

1. OSU also blocked a Penn State FG attempt.
2. OSU received an unforced fumbled punt by PSU deep in Lion territory to set up a Buckeye TD.
3. OSU received a free 2 points on an unforced bad snap over the PSU punter's head.

Now, do you really think Herbstreit or anyone else in the media would have talked about an OSU victory being the result of 3 such "fluke" plays? No. We would have heard about how all those superior buckeye athletes made the plays to win the game.
It was an unexpectedly competitive game, which has often been the case when a much higher rated tOSU squad ventures into the Beav. Special teams played an outsized role in this game on both sides.
It was obvious early on that PSU was not intimidated by what was, on paper, a vastly superior team. Maybe it was the memory of the game that got away in 2014. The defense was the story for PSU. After the Michigan debacle, nobody expected something like this. But we actually had LB's available for this game.

Does anyone think it strange that the BTN shows 1994 Nebraska as their premier year when a current conference member had the year of a lifetime in 1994. I'll wager that if UM or osu had a great year in 94 that UN would not take their place!

Does anyone think it strange that the BTN shows 1994 Nebraska as their premier year when a current conference member had the year of a lifetime in 1994. I'll wager that if UM or osu had a great year in 94 that UN would not take their place!

Well the answer to your bet would be whether the BTN considers 1997 to be a "premier year" for Nebraska also. If so, then the 1994 shot at Penn State would be the norm. If not, ....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT