ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to the Tour Championship television strategy?

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
If you haven't switched to NBC you should. Looks like a great finish about to happen.

But I was not expecting to be able to tune in. My guide shows that NBC was supposed to televise the PGA Tour Champions Ally Challenge. I thought the final few hours of the Tour Championship were to be on some sort of pay streaming channel.

Did NBC and/or the PGA Tour get some heat? Or was it just a programming error from the start?

Don't have an answer, but were times altered due to the need to finish the third round today because of yesterday's weather?

Don't have an answer, but were times altered due to the need to finish the third round today because of yesterday's weather?

No. It was listed this way days ago. I did not expect to be able to watch it.

11.5 million coming down to short game on the last hole. TV does not get better.

Apparently, after the Golf Channel coverage, the final holes were to be on ESPN+ and other streaming channels. So you needed to pay for those channels to see the leaders play their back nine. This was to be the coverage on both Saturday and Sunday.

Someone got some pressure. The strategy probably did not sell.

The tour is struggling with its format for the future, and I'm sure TV coverage is a big part of that. LIV has changed everything.

ADVERTISEMENT