ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Teske at Iowa States Thread

SIAP -

State wrestling: Brody Teske, Alex Thomsen join Iowa's exclusive four-time champion club

Cody Goodwin
Updated 8 hours ago

For days and months and years to come, in the communities surrounding Fort Dodge and Underwood and in fervent wrestling pockets around Iowa, they’ll all talk about the 2017-18 high school season.

They will talk about how Brody Teske and Alex Thomsen, two of the state’s all-time great prep wrestlers, made history.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...e-alex-thomsen-four-time-champions/347933002/

I think the most talented young Iowan might just be Aden Reeves from Albia in 2A at 120 lbs. He is a junior who won it this year and last year and was 3/rd as a freshman. He has verballed to Kolat. Constant attacks on his feet and an endless motor. He actually reminds me of Brody but perhaps just a little more quickness. I haven't checked his national rank, but these old eyes say he passes the raw talent test. Looks like a career 125 perhaps on the small side.

I think the most talented young Iowan might just be Aden Reeves from Albia in 2A at 120 lbs. He is a junior who won it this year and last year and was 3/rd as a freshman. He has verballed to Kolat. Constant attacks on his feet and an endless motor. He actually reminds me of Brody but perhaps just a little more quickness. I haven't checked his national rank, but these old eyes say he passes the raw talent test. Looks like a career 125 perhaps on the small side.

Checked Intermat and they have him ranked #14 at 120.

AMEN.

PS: Lee, Kemmerer --where do they come from? I guess heads you win, tails I lose.
I know...that's a sad reality. Truly if Pennsylvania kids all went to PSU you guys would never lose...and the way things look right now you're going to be winning it all for at least the next 3-4 years. And I don't see Iowa ever getting past 3rd during that period especially looking at the commit board for 2018 and beyond. If we don't pick it up we'll eventually fall behind PSU, tOSU and Michigan on a regular basis. We are likely already there though I think our team next year looks a bit better than Michigan's.

Think you already have a Pa. kid who is quite good. Maybe you don't feel that way.

Trust me, my friend...I'm very happy with what we have at a couple weight classes, but unless we can stack them in the top 5-10 in at least 8 weight classes we won't even be a speed bump to you guys...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT