ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Teske at Iowa States Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
The 2018 IHSAA State Championships take place Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (2/15, 2/16, & 2/17). Teske is wrestling in the 3A Class, at 126 lbs.

On Thursday, he wrestled in R1. He pinned his opponent, Jared Cordes, @ 1:07.

On Friday, he'll face Keaton Speicher in R2, which is the quarterfinals.

I'll update this thread when I can, but others are free to post updates.

Not me...you have a pretty good one at 125. Unless you're meaning UNI or Iowa St ;).

Actually I was thinking he looks big enough to move to 133, where we have a serious gap...at least he looked bigger than your typical 126 pounder in the couple videos I've seen of him. :)

UNI worked very hard to bring Teske in, and we really thought that we had a great chance, given the fact that we have scooped up a few of the top guns on the Fort Dodge team, but to no avail.

If I was in his caliber, heck, I'd probably choose PSU as well, but I also have just kind of a deep, funny feeling that PA will seem too far away to him and that he will want to transfer. Again, only a hunch, so don't hold me to that.

Reactions: Teshelman
gotta get the Pin over Pins....darn! But way to go Mr. Teske!

I have to admit that I took a quick look at the title of the thread and thought Teske was transferring to ISU!

Reactions: Dogwelder
Teske will face Joe Pins (definitely a name for a wrestler) in the semis.
Sorry, I know this is lame......bit if Joe pinned any earlier opponents would that be considered a Pins Fall?

Throw eggs and tomatoes now :)

Last edited:
Reactions: T J
Sorry, I know this is lame......bit if Joe pinned any earlier opponents would that be considered a Pins Fall?

Throw eggs and tomatoes now :)
I heard there’s a special cross state match tomorrow vs Spring-Ford’s Zach Needles.

Reactions: T J
Way OT, but one of the greatest names appropriately placed on a team was Wesley Mallard, who played football for the...Oregon Ducks.

Just a scheduling note: the Finals start with a march of the contestants (all 3 classes), and then the actual matches (again, all 3 classes) at 7 pm EST. I don't know if they wrestle the 3A, 2A, and the 1A matches for each weight class separately, or simultaneously.

Just a scheduling note: the Finals start with a march of the contestants (all 3 classes), and then the actual matches (again, all 3 classes) at 7 pm EST. I don't know if they wrestle the 3A, 2A, and the 1A matches for each weight class separately, or simultaneously.

I did not know they had three classes in Iowa, that sounds like more than enough based on population right?

I did not know they had three classes in Iowa, that sounds like more than enough based on population right?

no perfect answer. PA has two classes. CA has the largest number of high school wrestlers, and they have only one class. There are valid arguments for pretty much every configuration that each state's sports association elects to utilize.

Brody seems to have jumped levels recently to my eyes. He is showing much greater top work and his explosiveness seems greater right now. He fits the PSU off of the mat mold with his humble nature and happy go lucky spirit. I think you scored a keeper.

Mr. Whitters: By reading you posts I "believe" that you are an ISU fan? Just wondering if you will be at the Iowa / ISU meet on Sunday? I am a PSU fan from birth and a ISU grad. College of Vet Med '89. I'll be there on Sunday and hoping for the best.

Mr. Whitters: By reading you posts I "believe" that you are an ISU fan? Just wondering if you will be at the Iowa / ISU meet on Sunday? I am a PSU fan from birth and a ISU grad. College of Vet Med '89. I'll be there on Sunday and hoping for the best.

My nephews are going in my seats (both hawk fans). I will hopefully be celebrating a couple of state champions in a couple of hours until the wee hours of the morning. It is going to be a black and yellow massacre, so they must be cheating.

Reactions: Ski
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT