ADVERTISEMENT

Brick Review Change???

Callthestall

Mar 14, 2016
I was at match yesterday. I hate coaches challenge and refs reviews when they take too long. I thought yesterday the refs did good job on confirming calls. The one thing I think should be considered is in dual match offer 2 challenges to coaches. One for first 5 matches. Then another one for coach after intermission.
I also would consider if the challenge is wrong to allow opponent choice on restart. This might prevent coach/ wrestler to use brick when someone is gassed.
Curious what other people think of above.

At first glance I thought it a good idea, however, all too often a ref simply won't reverse his own o obviously flawed call. In essence the wrestler would be penalized twice by the ref for his ineptitude.

Yeah freestyle...

I was at match yesterday. I hate coaches challenge and refs reviews when they take too long. I thought yesterday the refs did good job on confirming calls. The one thing I think should be considered is in dual match offer 2 challenges to coaches. One for first 5 matches. Then another one for coach after intermission.
I also would consider if the challenge is wrong to allow opponent choice on restart. This might prevent coach/ wrestler to use brick when someone is gassed.
Curious what other people think of above.

I wouldn’t mind using the freestyle rule that if the call isn’t reversed, the opponent gets a point.

I don't want a wrestler punished for a coach challenging a call. I question why it takes so long.

I wouldn’t mind using the freestyle rule that if the call isn’t reversed, the opponent gets a point.
I have been banging this drum for quite a while. I mentioned in another thread that I thought it would be an excellent idea to lose a point for a failed reversal. Another forum member stated he thought the lose of a brick was enough of a deterrent. He didn't want to see the kid lose a point on a poor decision by his coach.

Why does it have to be a “brick”. What if a coach just threw one of their shoes?

How about using real bricks that the coaches can throw at the ref when they see a bad call? That would incentivize the refs to be more careful about making bad calls. 😈
Home Alone Reaction GIF by Death Wish Coffee

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT