ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Pry update....

Update.....(FC)
Indications from our sources early yesterday was that the job was likely to be offered to Pry; however, sources told FootballScoop yesterday afternoon no offer had been extended. This morning Bruce Feldman reported that Pry has emerged as the favorite for the job.

The whisper in the profession for about a week now has been that ULL officials wanted to speak with Sam Houston head coach KC Keeler. Keeler’s Bearkats take on North Dakota State in an FCS semifinal game Friday night. The winner advances to the National Championship January 6th.

Does anyone think Ron Vanderlinden would be a good idea? I know it’s not going to happen, but our LB corps with RVL stacked up with the best in the country.
I think Mark Duda would have more of a chance than RVL.

Maybe the agent wents to do the rehab as well, some surgeons insist on their people doing it
Sorry, but I really don't understand what you wrote. Nobody can deny it's in both the agent and the player's best interest to find the best surgeon possible. The agent depends on a percentage of the player's contract. If the player has a shitty surgery it could cost both millions of dollars. Wentz is in his rookie contract. The 2nd contract is typically where players hit the big money in the NFL. For Wentz, possibly the most lucrative contract ever. Which is why I'm saying Dr. Bradley must be one Hell of a doctor and the Eagles doc is ?

So that is your prediction? The "vast majority" of verbals will not sign next week?

a month ago, I would have predicted we would have gotten all but maybe a couple verbals to sign next week. losing 1 and maybe 2 coordinators I think could have a "significant" impact (at least 50% not signing = we only get 10 signees). I do NOT want to be right on this, but let's see what happens. it is only a few days and we will know. the natural recruiting activity will focus on the non-signers and the competition will be all over those players.

what is your prediction?

Reactions: doc69
Does anyone think Ron Vanderlinden would be a good idea? I know it’s not going to happen, but our LB corps with RVL stacked up with the best in the country.

i think RVL would be a great choice. he may also be more stable. is he still at Air Force?

If we are playing the game that Pry is gone and who is his replacement, my money would be on Banks. He was an DC and he is listed as Co-DC, although I have no idea how you can have a DC and a Co-DC.

Who said anything about limiting our search?
Why would you suggest D’nofrio? Because he played at Penn State, not because of anything he has done as a coach... nothing against him as a coach, but we should be setting our sights for THE best and brightest.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
a month ago, I would have predicted we would have gotten all but maybe a couple verbals to sign next week. losing 1 and maybe 2 coordinators I think could have a "significant" impact (at least 50% not signing = we only get 10 signees). I do NOT want to be right on this, but let's see what happens. it is only a few days and we will know. the natural recruiting activity will focus on the non-signers and the competition will be all over those players.

what is your prediction?
Don’t worry you won’t be.

Sorry, but I really don't understand what you wrote. Nobody can deny it's in both the agent and the player's best interest to find the best surgeon possible. The agent depends on a percentage of the player's contract. If the player has a shitty surgery it could cost both millions of dollars. Wentz is in his rookie contract. The 2nd contract is typically where players hit the big money in the NFL. For Wentz, possibly the most lucrative contract ever. Which is why I'm saying Dr. Bradley must be one Hell of a doctor and the Eagles doc is ?
Your right. What I meant to say is this, some surgeons won't do a surgery on a high profile athlete unless they are in charge of their rehab as well. Other surgeons dont always make this requirement. So maybe the agent choose a surgeon who would allow someone else to do the rehab because the agent wanted to be in charge of the rehab.
I have no clue about the Eagles MD, but because he wasn't chosen doesn't reflect on his skill, imo. James Andrews wasn't chosen either, but he usually insists on doing the rehab.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
I'll just say this: most of the public is clueless about how good these surgeons are, and in fact, so are the agents. One of the most famous guys out there, someone you've all heard of, isn't even the one doing most of the operations that he is credited for. He just supervises advanced trainees, while they themselves do the operation.

Twitter is saying Billy Napier was offered the ULL job. Looks like Pry is still ours.

Ironic for Napier because many believed he was on short list for PSU-OC. Imagine if he took that and then left lol

Nevertheless, looks good for Pry staying, perhaps he already informed ULL he will stay put and got a raise. I'll hope Napier accepts.

Reactions: PSUChicago
Louisiana Lafayette: Chris Karpman is reporting Arizona State offensive coordinator Billy Napier has now been offered the Louisiana Lafayette head job. Karpman is reporting the offer to Napier is a five year contract (financial terms not included in the report). Will update…

Louisiana Lafayette: Chris Karpman is reporting Arizona State offensive coordinator Billy Napier has now been offered the Louisiana Lafayette head job. Karpman is reporting the offer to Napier is a five year contract (financial terms not included in the report). Will update…
Word is that he was unaware that the Arizona State nickname/mascot was the sundevils until all of the hullabaloo that resulted from Herm Edwards press conference, when that beat reporter let that cat out of the bag... I mean Billy Napier is a Christian and a Catholic and he can't be associated with a program with a nickname/mascot like sundevils.

Reactions: tmacpolo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT