ADVERTISEMENT

Football Brandon Smith has officially declared for the NFL Draft

He will test to well to not get drafted. 2nd round at the latest by a team that has two picks and takes a chance on a freak. Arrogance of coaches who “know” they can fix his tackling ability.
Frankly, I think it can be fixed but it requires him learning that just being a big freaky athlete who can wallop someone doesn't mean the concussive is going to put the guy down. Lots of big tough kids out there, and even more in the pros. My guess is he got so accustomed to being the baddest man on the field as high school player he never really needed to learn how to wrap up.

With a positive approach and the RIGHT coach (think a Sean Lee type) it might be a successful project.

I really hope so.. he has so much ability and talent it's a shame to see it wasted. Have to pull for him to gut it out and make the corrections.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
Frankly, I think it can be fixed but it requires him learning that just being a big freaky athlete who can wallop someone doesn't mean the concussive is going to put the guy down. Lots of big tough kids out there, and even more in the pros. My guess is he got so accustomed to being the baddest man on the field as high school player he never really needed to learn how to wrap up.

With a positive approach and the RIGHT coach (think a Sean Lee type) it might be a successful project.

I really hope so.. he has so much ability and talent it's a shame to see it wasted. Have to pull for him to gut it out and make the corrections.
Right. Hope a team that develops and coaches players drafts him. I thought Oweh would struggle and he’s been fantastic.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

The fact that he did not learn to wrap at PSU is numbing. Joe would have sat him early in his career to send a clear message. "Let's just be friends Franklin" has not done him any favors.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT