ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Short Penn State Board of Trustees Candidacy

Well. OK

That’s one of the dumber things I’ve read in a while.

Last year the notices for Shreyer went out ~ Mar 9, for everyone, accepts & rejects.

The website specifically says SATs are not considered.

Do you have information to the contrary, that you can post? Or is it "confidential"

I agree the A9 has had the best of intentions and tried its best to move the needle however I think it is time for fresh, young(ish) energy to continue this work.

The mismanagement of the Sandusky scandal by the 11/11 BOT has done significant harm to PSU. Over the past 6 years we have spoken truth to power and have fought to change the false narrative that the Penn State culture was somehow responsible for this tragedy. Despite all our hard work the power base of the 11/11 BOT is still in control and has done everything in its power hide the truth from the Alumni. During this time, we’ve had spirited debate and a lot of the Alumni have grown frustrated that we haven’t accomplished our objectives. I too am frustrated. But I’ve come to understand that given the entrenched power of the 11/11 BOT we must play both a short and long game. Which means we must apply a legal strategy that will allow correspondences related to the Freeh report to be made public and continue to apply public pressure on the BOT to offer an apology and to function in a more transparent manner. For better or worse, my experience as a professional football player offers me a media platform that most other trustees do not possess. If elected, I will use that platform to put pressure on the Board to institute much needed changes and to rectify the mistakes of the past.

It is also important to build a coalition to help the cause of getting the truth out. I believe there are some new members of the board who may be open to hearing the truth of the matter. The key is to have conversations with them and get them to see that steps must be taken by the university to get the true story out. This will be the only way to getting our Alumni untied once again.

iu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT