ADVERTISEMENT

Both OSU and PSU looked TERRIBLE

demlion

Feb 4, 2004
yesterday. Because of the weather delay, we were terrible from noon to 7 pm. Osu was only terrible from 330 until 7 or so.

PSU players and coaches could not feel worse right now, and the 9th string walk on whose name we don't know feels worse than you do because he's got way more time in it than any of us.

This too shall pass.

Rutgers. Rutgers Rutgers.

Yes, it will pass sometime during the next season, or two.
Watching Urby get SHUT OUT 31 zip last year, and get CRUSHED 55-24 yesterday, was some comfort on a wet day.

Looks like the B1G is gonna get shut out of the CFP unless Wiscy wins out.

Reactions: richmin3
There is a big difference between OSU losing by 31 points at Iowa and PSU losing at MSU by 3 points after a unique 3 hour plus weather delay. A loss is a loss, but the OSU fan base has to be wondering what has happened. We lost two tough road games by a combined 4 points.

I made a nice amount of $ yesterday betting against P St & Oh St. Two of the easiest bets all season.

I got in with Iowa +18.5 & MSU +7.5. I said all week both would win straight up. I even posted on here to take MSU & the points in a thread earlier this week. I hope somebody, anybody on here listened & won some cash also!

There is a big difference between OSU losing by 31 points at Iowa and PSU losing at MSU by 3 points after a unique 3 hour plus weather delay. A loss is a loss, but the OSU fan base has to be wondering what has happened. We lost two tough road games by a combined 4 points.

The REAL JT Barrett showed yesterday! Not the JT from the week before....

Reactions: FHSPSU67
We lost two tough road games by a combined 4 points.

That in a nutshell is it right there. We can talk all day long about eye tests and who failed what assignment and whatnot, but what it is, is, two road games in back-to-back weeks against top 25 competition. Both games really could've gone either way.

I think they showed a "factoid" or whatever that CJF hasn't won against top 25 competition on the road. If this team is really going to strive for championship-caliber, what's being done right now obviously isn't good enough. It does seem to be close enough though that adjustments can be made to get there.

One thing I think we also found out yesterday is that Iowa was a lot better than we thought - and evidently got a lot better since PSU played 'em.

I made a nice amount of $ yesterday betting against P St & Oh St. Two of the easiest bets all season.

I got in with Iowa +18.5 & MSU +7.5. I said all week both would win straight up. I even posted on here to take MSU & the points in a thread earlier this week. I hope somebody, anybody on here listened & won some cash also!
Nice bets. Last time I won big was when we beat Iowa.

yesterday. Because of the weather delay, we were terrible from noon to 7 pm. Osu was only terrible from 330 until 7 or so.

PSU players and coaches could not feel worse right now, and the 9th string walk on whose name we don't know feels worse than you do because he's got way more time in it than any of us.

This too shall pass.

I’ll tell you what won’t pass: PSU can’t run the ball. Rutgers doesn’t count but even they may stop the running game.

Getting off the betting idea, what concerns me is how bad the Defense....especially the secondary has looked.

Reactions: royboy
Damn, too bad you didn’t see my post on here earlier this week. You could’ve had another big week!

Also, I assume you bet on Iowa when we played if you won?
No. I got PSU straight up from the inbred rube that works in our mail room.

This too shall pass.

Penn State did not look terrible!
We lost by a FG at the end of the game. Terrible is how Ohio State looked!
Get a grip.

Watching Urby get SHUT OUT 31 zip last year, and get CRUSHED 55-24 yesterday, was some comfort on a wet day.

Looks like the B1G is gonna get shut out of the CFP unless Wiscy wins out.

Both Oklahoma and Iowa showed how you can expose OSU's defense with descent OL blocking, making them look very average and not the "man eaters" like they did to us!

This too shall pass.

C’mon, man...you’re comparing a loss by a field goal in the last four sec to OSU’s beat down??? Apples and oranges!!

Those two games are really evidence of what a big factor fatigue is, particularly at the line positions. D-lines for both PSU and OSU just could not get the job done in 2nd half. That's fatigue.

Also another reminder that games in a physical conference are a lot about when and where the games are played.. Maybe even more than talent.

Franklin has never had a loss like UM did yesterday while Coaching at PSU.

This may sound like an excuse... but do you know of any other team over the past number of years that has faced this 3 game barrage before ?

Michigan - Home
Ohio State - with two weeks to prepare AWAY
Michigan State - AWAY

We are VERY good...not elite... but I do ‘t See Alabama , Georgia, Clemson or even Notre Dame facing this gauntlet...

And we come out 1-3...losing the two by a combined.. 3 points ?

I’ll take that for a program that was given up as DEAD by... everyone 5 years ago.

Our brand is VERY strong right now... VERY strong.., just ask the networks...

Reactions: Cosmos
Getting off the betting idea, what concerns me is how bad the Defense....especially the secondary has looked.
Yeah, Barrett goes an amazing 33-39 last week and this guy Lewerke, who seems competent but not spectacular, throws for 400 yards....yikes.

Couldn't believe the cushion PSU was allowing early in the game; tried to tighten up the schemes after the delay, but couldn't make plays. Disappointing how our LBs and secondary covered.

Don't be surprised if Meyer is planning his exit. His pattern is getting out before there's any possibility of failure.

Notre Dame won't be opening up this year, so there's the NFL or announcing again.

Do you come on and brag after your losses? It’s gambling after all.

That in a nutshell is it right there. We can talk all day long about eye tests and who failed what assignment and whatnot, but what it is, is, two road games in back-to-back weeks against top 25 competition. Both games really could've gone either way.

I think they showed a "factoid" or whatever that CJF hasn't won against top 25 competition on the road. If this team is really going to strive for championship-caliber, what's being done right now obviously isn't good enough. It does seem to be close enough though that adjustments can be made to get there.

One thing I think we also found out yesterday is that Iowa was a lot better than we thought - and evidently got a lot better since PSU played 'em.

I saw that same "factoid" and I thought, no mention of recovering from crippling sanctions. I think there's a lot more parity in the Big Ten than ever. It's just not Iowa.

Yeah, Barrett goes an amazing 33-39 last week and this guy Lewerke, who seems competent but not spectacular, throws for 400 yards....yikes.

Couldn't believe the cushion PSU was allowing early in the game; tried to tighten up the schemes after the delay, but couldn't make plays. Disappointing how our LBs and secondary covered.

Going zone coverage was the safe bet given the field conditions. Our going zone coverage against any QB who can throw accurately just compounds the situation. The result? 400 yards passing.

What mystifies me is how/why our receivers can't get separation. A defender had to fall down for us to score that one long TD pass.

I saw that same "factoid" and I thought, no mention of recovering from crippling sanctions.

Agreed...#sanctions to some extent and one must remember that in 2015 the road games were #1 OSU and #6 MSU. Last year was #4 Michigan. PSU did win the B1G championship last year which was at least a neutral site. And both losses this year were certainly winnable (not blowouts). But it's still a monkey that CJF needs to get off his back. Kinda like that 'signature win' thing.

PSU lost 3 games by a combined 7 points. Osu in the same time frame lost 3 games by 78 points.

Enough said

So did the REAL McSorley!
No one should be bragging or putting another team down after a loss, but damn man....you guys got rocked and now the question will be...do they even show up to end the season? You have another loss comin pal...

We beat up on inferior competition and on the road against our peers aren't quite so dominant. That weak OOC schedule did no help at all except give us a chance to pad stats. We definitely play differently when away from the Beav.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT