ADVERTISEMENT

Boston Globe article on Meyer, UF, and Hernandez

Teufelspakt_Faust-Mephisto_Julius_Nisle.jpg

Who cares who he was sleeping with? The murdering stuff and the gun stuff was the problem.

Were can you go read the 2nd and 3rd part or will it be Tue and Wed?
At the top of the article, it says part 2 of 6 and it's dated yesterday. At the bottom, it says that part 3 will be posted online tonight.

Reactions: psuno1
I wouldn’t want to judge Florida and Meyer based on one news article, but this makes them both look really bad. It basically accuses Meyer of recruiting criminals and of conspiring to cover up their—sometimes very serious—crimes.

It’s no secret that the Florida program under him was out of control, and it does seem like he has cleaned up his act at Ohio State. But, still, this story should be regarded as a bombshell.

I wouldn’t want to judge Florida and Meyer based on one news article, but this makes them both look really bad. It basically accuses Meyer of recruiting criminals and of conspiring to cover up their—sometimes very serious—crimes.

It’s no secret that the Florida program under him was out of control, and it does seem like he has cleaned up his act at Ohio State. But, still, this story should be regarded as a bombshell.

Most of the stuff in the article was somewhat known and in other articles or forms of media. The one thing that caught my eye was how Meyer shepherded many players to Santa Fe CC to pick up credits and enroll early.

Reactions: JoeFi
Most of the stuff in the article was somewhat known and in other articles or forms of media. The one thing that caught my eye was how Meyer shepherded many players to Santa Fe CC to pick up credits and enroll early.
I know we do it too, but early graduation/enrollment is a sham. Is it really helping the student athlete? I'm not sure how states and school districts can justify it with a marginal student.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT