ADVERTISEMENT

Boston College OL coach Phil Trautwein a top target for Penn State

Couple notes, his twitter claims all of his O-Linemen at BC received all ACC honors? Is that possible? He has a freshman OT that was voted Freshman all american, maybe he can bring him with him?

All ACC Players:

OG - John Phillips, Boston College -- first team

OT - Ben Petrula, Boston College -- second team

OG - Zion Johnson, Boston College -- second team

C - Alec Lindstrom, Boston College -- third team

OT - Tyler Vrabel, Boston College -- honorable mention

the entire line won all ACC honors

All ACC Players:

Wow impressive since it is not like they recruit top talent

My daughter went to school w/ Big Phil. He also wrestled @ Eastern. Phil played w/ Adam T. He has two national champion rings while at FL. Sounds like he has become a pretty good teacher. Plus he’s young, 33 yo. Having a dominant o-line is key to being dominant year in & out. Franklin gets them in, & this guy turns them into killers. Sounds good to me.

Couple notes, his twitter claims all of his O-Linemen at BC received all ACC honors? Is that possible? He has a freshman OT that was voted Freshman all american, maybe he can bring him with him?
Tyler Vrabel, Mike Vrabel's son. He looks like a real stud. They gave a stat early in their bowl game, he pass blocked 300+ times this year, 0 sacks allowed.

I'm envisioning Bowen and Trautwein working together and sharing responsibilities. TE and Tackles / Guards and Center. From what I've read it sounds like either one could do either job. This could be a very special combination if the two of them can work together.

I've also read Trautwein is a very good recruiter.

Steve Addazio was a highly regarded OLine coach so if he hired Trautwein, I’m sure he (trautwein) knows what he’s doing. Did he decline to go to Colorado St with Addazio??

Reactions: ftlpsu
If it is Trautwein I like the youth of the offensive staff with him, Bowen, Parker and Seider, balanced out by the experience Ciarrocca brings.

Steve Addazio was a highly regarded OLine coach so if he hired Trautwein, I’m sure he (trautwein) knows what he’s doing. Did he decline to go to Colorado St with Addazio??
Probably several reasons;
1. It’s a long way to travel for the same job.
2. CSU isn’t a destination hotbed of OL talent.
3. The BIG and the SEC salary scale is much higher.
4. Maybe he figured out that Addazio is the brightest bulb in the candelabra.

Seems to be a rising star. If Franklin is hiring a guy from the outside who only has two years of “true” OL coaching experience, then it’s an indication to me that Franklin thinks he’s a stud in the making. Boston College had a VERY good offensive line this year.

If this hire happens then I can see Bowen as TE and asst OC.

Also interesting that in his two years at Davidson he coached TE's and as a grad assistant at BC worked with both TE and OL. Guess that could give Franklin the flexibility to move Bowen to OL and Trautwein to TE coach, or somehow divide up responsibilities between the two.

My daughter went to school w/ Big Phil. He also wrestled @ Eastern. Phil played w/ Adam T. He has two national champion rings while at FL. Sounds like he has become a pretty good teacher. Plus he’s young, 33 yo. Having a dominant o-line is key to being dominant year in & out. Franklin gets them in, & this guy turns them into killers. Sounds good to me.

I think Adam was a few years older than Trautwein - he is listed as being born in 1986, and Adam was born in 1982. So, not sure they played together.

In addition, it is the alma mater of Michael Edwards, who played PG for Jim Boeheim his freshman year at 'Cuse until Boeheim played head games with him, Christ Canty (Thorpe winner at K State), Eli Apple, Kelly Ripa, and Peggy Walsh, who was at UConn before Geno, and played her last year or two under Auriemma.

Plus, of course, my insignificant ass.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
All ACC Players:

All conference in the ACC....definitely the world’s tallest midget.

Is this another strange argument? I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

There are 70 starting OL positions in the ACC. 20 made all conference. All 5 from BC were among the top 20 (3 made first team or second team) in the conference. I didn't look that closely, but from a quick glance it looks like the first and second teams were 4 from Clemson, 3 from BC, and one each from Louisville, Pitt and UNC.

From my point of view, that's pretty impressive.

There are 70 starting OL positions in the ACC. 20 made all conference. All 5 from BC were among the top 20 (3 made first team or second team) in the conference. I didn't look that closely, but from a quick glance it looks like the first and second teams were 4 from Clemson, 3 from BC, and one each from Louisville, Pitt and UNC.

Not really strange, just saying if we played in the ACC we might have all of our guys on the all conference team as well.

Don’t be deceived just because the ACC is full of bad teams. There are many quality players in the ACC that have successful pro careers. And some decent coaches that develop them. If you play in that league and are a good player that’s where you’re named All Conference. Can’t be on the All BIG team no matter how good you are if you play in another conference. If Trautwein can develop great OL guys I’m in even if he coached in the Patriot League.

Reactions: eidolon21
Don’t be deceived just because the ACC is full of bad teams. There are many quality players in the ACC that have successful pro careers. And some decent coaches that develop them. If you play in that league and are a good player that’s where you’re named All Conference. Can’t be on the All BIG team no matter how good you are if you play in another conference. If Trautwein can develop great OL guys I’m in even if he coached in the Patriot League.
It was just a lighthearted jab at the ACC, no biggie.

LOL, you just said in another thread JF was right to fire Limegrover due to performance, but now they are good enough to all conference in the ACC. You are lost, seriously lost.
Even a bad coach can get players to all conference level in the ACC.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....did the ha ha’s let you know it was a ****ing joke? Lighten up big guy.

One of the laws of the internet in general, and this message board in particular: If you dare to post anything positive about anything, there will be someone there to throw some cold water on it.

Oh that's right says the guy that cannot handle any coach being criticized and goes ape sh!t on anyone even remotely critical of the offense this year. Good call....LOL
Stalk much? I’m going to have to take a restraining order out on you. I’m living in your head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT