ADVERTISEMENT

BOMBSHELL: Exculpatory Evidence Removed From Schultz File

I don’t know your line of work. In my line of work if you make a report you document it and keep documentation that you made a referral.

My line of work is Child Welfare Social Services Non Profit (including FC and Adoption), including re-writing all of our procedures due to the JS debacle.

Thats also why I said it sounds counterintuitive to those who are not in this field (and I understand that) - but that’s the way it is.

My line of work is Child Welfare Social Services Non Profit (including FC and Adoption), including re-writing all of our procedures due to the JS debacle.

Thats also why I said it sounds counterintuitive to those who are not in this field (and I understand that) - but that’s the way it is.
I’m in the field as well, though not on the social services side of it. From what I understand, I get that the social services side does not keep records of unfounded reports. From the side that makes reports to social services, we keep a log simply documenting who the report was made on, the date, the basic reason (physical abuse, neglect), the name of the person that took the report and a referral number associated with the report. Notes about the situation that caused the report would be kept separately.
It’s possible we are just looking at it from different sides of the situation.

I’m in the field as well, though not on the social services side of it. From what I understand, I get that the social services side does not keep records of unfounded reports. From the side that makes reports to social services, we keep a log simply documenting who the report was made on, the date, the basic reason (physical abuse, neglect), the name of the person that took the report and a referral number associated with the report. Notes about the situation that caused the report would be kept separately.

sure is - but I am looking at it from the side that is aligned with this particular situation. Hope that didn’t sound arrogant (trying to work on that this year)

my point being this - if it was reported and unfounded then no record of it would (nor should) exist

but I don’t think it was reported “by PSU to DHS (formerly DPW)”.

HOWEVER, sorry for the CAPs-just for emphasis, it was definitely reported to TSM and they had an absolute responsibility to take action - do not pass go - do not collect $3m. They should have been strung up and that’s why I get so angry about this whole situation

I really don’t think anyone understands this but I’ll try one more time

Let me preface this by stating I don’t know if they reported nor do I care for what I’m about to say.

In the world of these kinds of reports you do NOT keep records of the reports.

Now, I know folks gonna think I’m crazy but let me spell it out for everyone.

If a report is Unfounded, then it’s like it never happened - period. Meaning, no you do not keep documentation on something that “didn’t happen”

You can argue that all you want and everyone will still be wrong in the end.

I think I read a post where someone said-paraphrasing “You make a copy and take it home and put it in your safe”, or something to that effect. There is no quicker way to get yourself fired than to do something like that.

Why would it be that way when it seems so counterintuitive? Because the laws are meant to protect both the “accuser” and the “accused”.

Again you can disagree with the premise but make no mistake - that is how it is.

There are tons of false accusations out there as you can probably imagine.

Now let’s discuss the other two options - “Indicated” and “Founded”.

I won’t go into detail on these but I will explain in those cases there is an investigation done by the State which can result in disciplinary action, termination or a call from the police.

PS - even though I replied to your post CPL, I’m just replying in general to the discussion.
Colt, you and me are from the same wo

Colt, you will have a better chance of flying than explaining this and why contacting TSM was the right thing to do. They will stick to their opinions which sound logical to them but they have no clue. Good luck.

Including horseplay?

Colt, you will have a better chance of flying than explaining this and why contacting TSM was the right thing to do. They will stick to their opinions which sound logical to them but they have no clue. Good luck.

That’s okay - CPL has been respectful in his posts back and for the with me and I’m just trying to do the same with everyone I chat with.

I’ll just keep trying to educate folks because I know that is the only way that a child may actually be helped in the future

Just because TSM was easy.
Most of the notes in the released files appear to be FBI interviews conducted in 2012 with Second Mile board members in both the State College office and other regional offices. The interviews described how Second Mile board members reacted to the Sandusky revelations dating back to as early as 2010 and 2011.

"Not a single person admitted to knowing about Sandusky's crimes prior to the presentment," Snedden said. Two people claim to know about "missing donor money," but nothing else is said about that subject in the rest of the released files.

The documents released by the feds are heavily redacted, but there are many references to Second Mile board members circling the wagons. References were made in the documents to false allegations being made by a "disgruntled mother" and a "disgruntled kid."

The documents are more noticeable for what they don't say. Such as in the issue of jurisdiction involving the Sandusky investigation. If, for example, in their investigation of The Second Mile, if the feds any found any evidence of a federal crime, such as Sandusky crossing state lines with sex abuse victims, "They would have taken it [the investigation] away from the state for prosecution," Snedden said.

"But they [the feds] didn't do any of that," Snedden said after reviewing the documents. "There's no indication they did that."

Instead, the attorney general pursued the Sandusky investigation, and the feds pursued The Second File.

"Sadly, neither focused on political vindictiveness and corruption, which is exactly what happened here," Snedden said.

Snedden has his own experience with a previous secret federal investigation into the Penn State scandal. In 2012, working as a special agent for the Federal Investigative Services, Snedden did a background investigation of former Penn State President Graham Spanier, to see if Spanier's high level security clearance should be renewed by the government.

As part of that investigation, Snedden investigated whether Spanier had orchestrated a coverup of Sandusky's crimes. Snedden's investigation concluded that there was no cover up at Penn State, because there was no sex crime to cover up. As far as Snedden was concerned, Mike McQueary, the guy who witnessed a naked Sandusky allegedly abusing a boy in the Penn State showers, was not a credible witness.

Spanier's clearance was renewed as the result of an 110-page report that Snedden wrote back in 2012, a report that was declassified earlier this year.

In the investigation of The Second Mile, the released files include copies of FBI interviews with eight witnesses whose identities are redacted. The interviews are recorded on FBI "302s," the number of the form that interview summaries were typed on by FBI agents.

"I see a lot of interviews with a lot of different people, a wide range of positions in the Second Mile hierarchy," Snedden said. "And I don't see any people admitting to knowing anything concrete about Sandusky."

In the interviews, there are quotes from woman who "had always heard positive things about the organization. She had never heard anything bad about TSM founder Jerry Sandusky."

Another woman interviewed by the FBI described Sandusky's "nondescript entrance and presence" at a March 25, 2011 "Celebration of Excellence" event in Hershey.

"Sandusky was not acknowledged during the event formally by TSM," the woman told the FBI.

"On March 31, 2011, the Patriot News published an article about the grand jury investigation" of Sandusky," the woman told the FBI. "The article was everywhere and everyone was talking about it."

"She didn't recall seeing any evidence of financial improprieties or anything otherwise questionable," the FBI 302 stated. "She did not personally observe any misuse of donations."

"The general mood of the room was that of denial," the woman told the FBI. "Everyone appeared to be in support of Sandusky and TSM."

In another 302, an unidentified witness said, "He did not observe any inappropriate behavior." On the same form, someone, possibly Sandusky himself stated the complainant "was a disgruntled kid, not associated with TSM. He was not aware at the time that the allegation was sexual in nature"

Another 302 notes that one board member was "shocked after reading the indictment." In addition, "four or five board members in particular were upset that they were never notified. The exchange was heated."

In the 302s, there was discussion of an earlier 1998 allegation that Sandusky had abused another youth in the shower, but "the allegations were considered 'unfounded.'"

There is also discussion in the 302s about an alleged allegation involving the Clinton County Children and Youth Services[CYS].

"CYS did have a safety plan in the event a child was a victim of sexual abuse," the 302 stated. "They did not need to enact their safety plan for SANDUSKY's case because the allegation was not founded and all actions taken by CYS were 'by the book.' "

Reactions: francofan
sure is - but I am looking at it from the side that is aligned with this particular situation. Hope that didn’t sound arrogant (trying to work on that this year)

my point being this - if it was reported and unfounded then no record of it would (nor should) exist

HOWEVER, sorry for the CAPs-just for emphasis, it was definitely reported to TSM and they had an absolute responsibility to take action - do not pass go - do not collect $3m. They should have been strung up and that’s why I get so angry about this whole situation
Just to be clear, you are saying that an entity that makes a report to “social services” (I will just use that term in lieu of the appropriate acronym for any given state) should keep no record of that report having been made if they find out it was not accepted? I have worked in this field for 20 or so years and have never heard that stated.

But other factors-
In the investigation of The Second Mile, the released files include copies of FBI interviews with eight witnesses whose identities are redacted. The interviews are recorded on FBI "302s," the number of the form that interview summaries were typed on by FBI agents.

"I see a lot of interviews with a lot of different people, a wide range of positions in the Second Mile hierarchy," Snedden said. "And I don't see any people admitting to knowing anything concrete about Sandusky."

In the interviews, there are quotes from woman who "had always heard positive things about the organization. She had never heard anything bad about TSM founder Jerry Sandusky."

Another woman interviewed by the FBI described Sandusky's "nondescript entrance and presence" at a March 25, 2011 "Celebration of Excellence" event in Hershey.

"Sandusky was not acknowledged during the event formally by TSM," the woman told the FBI.

"On March 31, 2011, the Patriot News published an article about the grand jury investigation" of Sandusky," the woman told the FBI. "The article was everywhere and everyone was talking about it."

"She didn't recall seeing any evidence of financial improprieties or anything otherwise questionable," the FBI 302 stated. "She did not personally observe any misuse of donations."

"The general mood of the room was that of denial," the woman told the FBI. "Everyone appeared to be in support of Sandusky and TSM."

In another 302, an unidentified witness said, "He did not observe any inappropriate behavior." On the same form, someone, possibly Sandusky himself stated the complainant "was a disgruntled kid, not associated with TSM. He was not aware at the time that the allegation was sexual in nature"

Another 302 notes that one board member was "shocked after reading the indictment." In addition, "four or five board members in particular were upset that they were never notified. The exchange was heated."

In the 302s, there was discussion of an earlier 1998 allegation that Sandusky had abused another youth in the shower, but "the allegations were considered 'unfounded.'"

There is also discussion in the 302s about an alleged allegation involving the Clinton County Children and Youth Services[CYS].

"CYS did have a safety plan in the event a child was a victim of sexual abuse," the 302 stated. "They did not need to enact their safety plan for SANDUSKY's case because the allegation was not founded and all actions taken by CYS were 'by the book.' "

Bagwell said he has filed multiple FOI requests as part of his Penn State Sunshine Fund. Bagwell, a former newspaper reporter who is now a web developer, said he filed his requests because he was seeking primary source documents from the Sandusky investigation.

"What frustrated me about everything since the very beginning was a complete and utter lack of transparency," Bagwell said.

In his court battle with the U.S. Attorney's office, Bagwell said, the feds indicated that there were some 300,000 pages of documents related to The Second Mile investigation. The feds only released 1,000 pages and "withheld tends of thousands more for reasons not apparent at this time," Bagwell said.

Bagwell, himself a former journalist, said the press coverage of the scandal has been "abysmal, reactionary and sensationalistic," as well as "factually incorrect." Bagwell said he hopes the newly released documents will have a calming effect on Penn State Nation.

"Penn Staters are still screaming for an investigation for years of The Second Mile," Bagwell said. "Well, it turns out there was an investigation."

"My overall view is that everything here [in the documents] seems to support the idea that The Second Mile didn't knowingly do anything wrong," Bagwell said. "The Penn Staters who are clamoring for heads at The Second Mile to roll, I don't think that's an outcome that's appropriate at this point in time."

Reactions: francofan

to YYZ286 and colt21
We aren't dumb and most of us believe you, but here's the thing. these guys did jail time and TSM got off scot free so many of us say to ourselves and others. What could these guys have done to escape prosecution? The answer seems to be, keep a record. Why do think neither defense team had some experts stand up and say hey wait a minute these guys did do the right thing? I believe you guys I just get it through my head this couldn't be explained.

to YYZ286 and colt21
We aren't dumb and most of us believe you, but here's the thing. these guys did jail time and TSM got off scot free so many of us say to ourselves and others. What could these guys have done to escape prosecution? The answer seems to be, keep a record. Why do think neither defense team had some experts stand up and say hey wait a minute these guys did do the right thing? I believe you guys I just get it through my head this couldn't be explained.

They could have fought like Spanier, who will soon be finally vindicated. Other than that, the answer is “nothing”. The PA fix was in. They could have a video of them reporting, and the court wouldn’t have allowed it because it was on VHS. If they could prove it was reported, the same idiots would be here saying, “if it was bad enough to report, why didn’t they do XYZ?”

The sad thing is, documenting you did the right thing to CYA does nothing to protect kids from abuse. Meanwhile those “professionals” who truly failed, get no attention.

TSM had a lot of buddies.
So - sitting in that 5th floor Dauphin County courtroom last month at Dr. Spanier's trial - it was painfully clear to me that the state had NO case against the former president. Simply put, the Commonwealth of PA did not prove that their alleged "cover up" and "conspiracy" thingy ever happened, regarding a crime of "anal rape in a Penn State shower" that never happened, to a Second Mile teen that our commonwealth has never bothered to identify after all these years.

More embarrassingly prosecutor Laura Ditka had Second Mile CEO & licensed child psychologist Dr. Jack Raykovitz on her witness stand. Jack testified before the jury in that courtroom that Second Mile leadership had FULL KNOWLEDGE of Sandusky's OUT-OF-PROGRAM contact with Second Mile youth. Jack testified that Sandusky was the charity chairman and fundraiser and provided NO counseling or therapy to Second Mile clients, which makes us why the hell the sleepovers, trips, work - out sessions, gifts, and personal calls, letters and visits to their homes?

There were multiple red flags being waved of Grooming of Second Mile youth by Sandusky, Second Mile leadership chose to ignore them, our OAG chose not to investigate Second Mile after all these years and we've gotta ask why.

Dr. Raykovitz knew the "kid in the shower" was a Second Mile teen, knew Jerry was in out-of-program contact with a Second Mile teen, chose not to identify the Second Mile teen, chose not to contact him or his parents to find out more about an incident that would cause Penn State to be in his office bouncing not just Second Mile kids, but ALL kids from campus.

Instead - Dr. Raykovitz recommended that Jerry "just wear swim trunks" the next time he showers with a youth after a work out. <------RED FLAG OF GROOMING HERE JACK. As a child psychologist and one who counsels Second Mile youth, most notably Matt Sandusky, Dr. Raykovitz should have realized that the goal of getting a youth in the locker room and/or shower by the offender - is to get the youth naked. Jerry could have been wearing a full-on pair of Carhartt overalls - it doesn't matter. The offender wants the child naked, who would then be confused about any touching by the adult. Any contact in that locker room/shower that is questioned by a parent could be then plausibly explained and waved off to UNTRAINED adults as "oh - it was just regular locker room stuff".

The jury sat there and accepted this TRAINED, LICENSED CHILD WELFARE PROFESSIONAL'S advice of "swim trunks" as a Best Practice moving forward for his charity chairman and fundraiser in OUT OF PROGRAM CONTACT with Second Mile youth.

Meanwhile, AG investigator Tony Sassano has been busy creeping the social media profiles of outspoken PSU alumni on this matter, instead of maybe....oh, I dunno....INVESTIGATING THE LEADERSHIP OF A KIDS CHARITY?

So really, it was never about "the children" - because if it were, our OAG would have skipped right down the 2001 reporting chain, nailed Jack Raykovitz & his wife Katherine Genovese for FTR/EWOC, and wrapped in Second Mile board members for Conspiracy, and we all would have gotten relevant answers on how a now-convicted preferential child sexual offender could found his own kids charity, staff it with child welfare professionals, abuse kids ALL culled from that charity while accessing these kids under Second Mile auspices, and what the hell was the charity leadership doing with all that money this offender was raising?

It would have been a Win Win for the AG, Second Mile victims and their families and PA taxpayers.

Instead, we have an EPIC half billion dollar mess targeting the wrong institution for 3 crummy misdemeanors.

Reactions: CJFisJoePaII
So - sitting in that 5th floor Dauphin County courtroom last month at Dr. Spanier's trial - it was painfully clear to me that the state had NO case against the former president. Simply put, the Commonwealth of PA did not prove that their alleged "cover up" and "conspiracy" thingy ever happened, regarding a crime of "anal rape in a Penn State shower" that never happened, to a Second Mile teen that our commonwealth has never bothered to identify after all these years.

More embarrassingly prosecutor Laura Ditka had Second Mile CEO & licensed child psychologist Dr. Jack Raykovitz on her witness stand. Jack testified before the jury in that courtroom that Second Mile leadership had FULL KNOWLEDGE of Sandusky's OUT-OF-PROGRAM contact with Second Mile youth. Jack testified that Sandusky was the charity chairman and fundraiser and provided NO counseling or therapy to Second Mile clients, which makes us why the hell the sleepovers, trips, work - out sessions, gifts, and personal calls, letters and visits to their homes?

There were multiple red flags being waved of Grooming of Second Mile youth by Sandusky, Second Mile leadership chose to ignore them, our OAG chose not to investigate Second Mile after all these years and we've gotta ask why.

Dr. Raykovitz knew the "kid in the shower" was a Second Mile teen, knew Jerry was in out-of-program contact with a Second Mile teen, chose not to identify the Second Mile teen, chose not to contact him or his parents to find out more about an incident that would cause Penn State to be in his office bouncing not just Second Mile kids, but ALL kids from campus.

Instead - Dr. Raykovitz recommended that Jerry "just wear swim trunks" the next time he showers with a youth after a work out. <------RED FLAG OF GROOMING HERE JACK. As a child psychologist and one who counsels Second Mile youth, most notably Matt Sandusky, Dr. Raykovitz should have realized that the goal of getting a youth in the locker room and/or shower by the offender - is to get the youth naked. Jerry could have been wearing a full-on pair of Carhartt overalls - it doesn't matter. The offender wants the child naked, who would then be confused about any touching by the adult. Any contact in that locker room/shower that is questioned by a parent could be then plausibly explained and waved off to UNTRAINED adults as "oh - it was just regular locker room stuff".

The jury sat there and accepted this TRAINED, LICENSED CHILD WELFARE PROFESSIONAL'S advice of "swim trunks" as a Best Practice moving forward for his charity chairman and fundraiser in OUT OF PROGRAM CONTACT with Second Mile youth.

Meanwhile, AG investigator Tony Sassano has been busy creeping the social media profiles of outspoken PSU alumni on this matter, instead of maybe....oh, I dunno....INVESTIGATING THE LEADERSHIP OF A KIDS CHARITY?

So really, it was never about "the children" - because if it were, our OAG would have skipped right down the 2001 reporting chain, nailed Jack Raykovitz & his wife Katherine Genovese for FTR/EWOC, and wrapped in Second Mile board members for Conspiracy, and we all would have gotten relevant answers on how a now-convicted preferential child sexual offender could found his own kids charity, staff it with child welfare professionals, abuse kids ALL culled from that charity while accessing these kids under Second Mile auspices, and what the hell was the charity leadership doing with all that money this offender was raising?

It would have been a Win Win for the AG, Second Mile victims and their families and PA taxpayers.

Instead, we have an EPIC half billion dollar mess targeting the wrong institution for 3 crummy misdemeanors.

In regards to your second paragraph, JR flat-out lied when he said that he had no knowledge of Sandusky being involved as a Charity Counsellor as the Clinton County CYS Dirictor at the time, Gerald Rosemelia, can testify. Sandusky was granted access to Clinton County's public school system under the purview of TSM - he was a volunteer Assistant Football Coach and Student Counsellor registered with the Clinton County CYS under the purview of TSM as early as 2002 and continued in that capacity until the Dec 2008 when V1 filed a complaint with the DPW (now called HHS) via the Clinton County CYS which was investigated and deemed "Founded" in Feb 2009. The OAG (Corrupt Corbutt was Attorney General at the time) was notified by the PA DPW of the Founded Child Abuse Complaint on March 3, 2009. Corbutt's own Grand Jury Filing in May 2009 identifies The Second Mile as the motus apparandi and conduit by which the kids were being introduced and groomed by the accused (and also identified him as the "Founder" of TSM likely for these purposes - i.e., committing Charitable Fraud which is under the direct purview and jurisdiction of the Attorney General and it's investigative assets in Pennsylvania!).

Complete and utter bullshit, as well as bald-faced Perjury, that Raykovitz did not know that Sandusky was involving himself with children under the purview of TSM Programs!

Amazed that the demagoguing defenders of the reprehensible, corrupt, scumbag Prosecution have posted endless drivel rationalizing and defending the trampling of sacred, and protected, citizens rights in this thread, but have not answered a single salient, factual point you have made (nor the additional points I raised in my first response to your post). The points you raised, and the additions I added (didn't even mention that the Chairman of The Second Mile held a political fundraiser for Corbett's Gubernatorial Campaign at the exact same time he was intentionally failing to investigate TSM despite being notified by the PA DPW (now HHS) of a "Founded Complaint" of Child Sexual Abuse at the charity (charities fall under purview of Attorney General in PA) in the Spring 2009! But the defenders of tyranny and the corrupt have no explanation for this blatant corrupt behavior - go figure!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT