ADVERTISEMENT

BOMBSHELL: Exculpatory Evidence Removed From Schultz File

Seems that her diary only confirmed information that Ray B. had heard from others. This is incredible and should scare the shit out of anyone who resides in Pa. How evil could anyone be, to prosecute people you knew to be innocent?All of the venom that PSU Alums and Fans have endured for nearly a decade was all the result of this charade that Fina, McGettigan orchestrated....why.....what or who are they protecting?

Bear with me as I’m out of the loop on this.

So this alleged info is from a notebook kept by one of the Freeh investigators? Who has the notebook now?

If true, is there any way to find this alleged email regarding CYS? How did PSU not find this in their review of documents?

I have a hard time believing prosecutors had this info and hid or ignored it. Why would they do that? Or is the suggestion that the Freeh folks hid it from everyone including the OAG?

Last edited:
Okay, I'm confused:

"Ample evidence supported that someone at PSU made a report to CYS per the direction of then General Counsel (GC) Wendell Courtney. Under that scenario, the February 26 email showing plan to call DPW was not to inform the agency about Sandusky's shower incident, but a contingency plan if The Second Mile refused to enforce PSU's directive about Sandusky's facility use with children."

So what exactly was reported? And if Schultz did make a report, why was it not mentioned in his Grand Jury testimony?

Okay, I'm confused:

"Ample evidence supported that someone at PSU made a report to CYS per the direction of then General Counsel (GC) Wendell Courtney. Under that scenario, the February 26 email showing plan to call DPW was not to inform the agency about Sandusky's shower incident, but a contingency plan if The Second Mile refused to enforce PSU's directive about Sandusky's facility use with children."

So what exactly was reported? And if Schultz did make a report, why was it not mentioned in his Grand Jury testimony?
I believe Schutz said that he believed that a report was made to the same agency that was involved in 98.

Seems that her diary only confirmed information that Ray B. had heard from others. This is incredible and should scare the shit out of anyone who resides in Pa. How evil could anyone be, to prosecute people you knew to be innocent?
Pennsylvania is the “Cash for Kids” state so prosecuting innocent people isn’t even the worst thing the justice system has pulled in the last 15 years. These kinds of things help keep PA solidly in the top 5 most corrupt state rankings every year.

I believe Schutz said that he believed that a report was made to the same agency that was involved in 98.

At the beginning of Blehar's report there is this:

"Notpsu.blogspot.com has long contended that Gary Schultz or someone at Penn State University (PSU) made a report to Centre County Children and Youth Services (CC CYS) in response to the 2001 incident."

So there are two mentions of a non-specific "someone," not necessarily Schultz, filing a report. In his Grand Jury testimony Schultz said he believed that a report was made by Tim Curley to the same agency to which the 1998 incident was reported. Don't believe that Curley testified that he filed such a report. So what is in this exculpatory document?

Soooo, this would mean that an attorney working under Freeh during his investigation apparently kept a diary with notes and entries or “work product ” and turned it over at the conclusion of investigation as “source materials”. Ralph Cipriano, a journalist, somehow got his hands on this “diary” and shared it with Ray Blehar, who in turn posted it on his website (link provided above).
If this “diary” indeed has information about an email that confirms a report was in fact made, then Shultz and others who say they thought a report of the “ 2nd shower incident” was made to CYS would be proven to be correct. But since there was no evidence of such a report being made years ago their claims of it being reported could not be substantiated. Hence a cover up story was developed by a bunch of lawyers. You can fill in the rest of the story.

While I would love to believe PSU reported the incident, I thought Shultz (or Curley) testified at their plea that it was never reported. No?

While I would love to believe PSU reported the incident, I thought Shultz (or Curley) testified at their plea that it was never reported. No?
I don’t recall that, but who the hell can remember exactly what happened 10 years ago?
One of my brothers and two of my sisters and I were sitting around a few years ago talking about a time my mother had to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance on the verge of death. A pretty major experience. We all had entirely different memories of what happened.

Last edited:

Shultz said he thought it was reported. I think Curley said it wasn’t, but he might have said that reluctantly based on the plea deal.

Reactions: nits74 and N&B4PSU
So what happens now? Since Shultz and Curley already were convicted and served time under their plea bargain arrangement, it seems a bit late for this Bombshell as you put it to have any impact, or even get any attention.

Soooo, this would mean that an attorney working under Freeh during his investigation apparently kept a diary with notes and entries or “work product ” and turned it over at the conclusion of investigation as “source materials”. Ralph Cipriano, a journalist, somehow got his hands on this “diary” and shared it with Ray Blehar, who in turn posted it on his website (link provided above).
If this “diary” indeed has information about an email that confirms a report was in fact made, then Shultz and others who say they thought a report of the “ 2nd shower incident” was made to CYS would be proven to be correct. But since there was no evidence of such a report being made years ago their claims of it being reported could not be substantiated. Hence a cover up story was developed by a bunch of lawyers. You can fill in the rest of the story.
This is what I never understood. All Shultz had to say was that he believed he made a report to CYS. CYS would not be able to confirm as records no longer existed. The prosecution could not prove that he didn't and all three would have been found not guilty.

Reactions: 83wuzme
This is what I never understood. All Shultz had to say was that he believed he made a report to CYS. CYS would not be able to confirm as records no longer existed. The prosecution could not prove that he didn't and all three would have been found not guilty.

Maybe Schultz was too honest for his own good. It seems liars get the best results.

Proof- positive and indisputable is the only thing that would matter at this point- and maybe even that wouldn't.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
Maybe Schultz was too honest for his own good. It seems liars get the best results.
Once again, Schultz did testify that he thought a report was made to the same agency that handled 1998. Everyone knew there would be no record and that didn't exonerate him in the eyes of those who needed to frame him and by association put the whole scandal on PSU. What folks seem to dismiss, is the fact that C,S and S were being queried about an incident that was a decade old. MM's changing story was considered normal given the time lapse.....but he, by virtue of his willingness to be manipulated, wasn't held to the same standard.
If Ray is correct, there are three unrelated pieces of evidence that CYS was made aware of PSU's concern and how they planned to proceed. In addition TSM was notified. Not only were Curley and Schultz framed and sent to prison (Spanier still on the hook?) But Joe was distroyed as well.
My question is why? PSU it appears, was targeted, Surma fell in lockstep with Corbett/Fina and the masses of asses (prompted by Ganim) gobbled up horseshit. Why? Someone or something is being hidden.
Logic tells us that PSU (3) never covered anything up....you don't call your lawyer, go to the person in questions employer, and change a working agreement, if you are trying to keep something hidden. Now we know CYS was part of this?

Perhaps not, in a plea deal. If I recall correctly, Schultz defended himself most vigorously and for the longest time among the two.

Reactions: nits74
TSM/CYS. “if this Sandusky mess gets to us, then it gets to you!

Someone. “I’ll point the finger at PSU, meanwhile you get a shredder truck and destroy any evidence.
But why would PSU allow that finger pointing to go unchallenged?

There's no doubt in my mind that the BOT wanted NCAA sanctions and wanted the blame for those sanctions to fall on JVP in the minds of both the alumni and the public.

After Joe passed away, the press had really backed off of him. The Freeh report went out of its way to make him culpable. Why?

Who is "someone" if it's not Tom Corbett?

There's no doubt in my mind that the BOT wanted NCAA sanctions and wanted the blame for those sanctions to fall on JVP in the minds of both the alumni and the public.

After Joe passed away, the press had really backed off of him. The Freeh report went out of its way to make him culpable. Why?

Well, I think its generally accepted that Corbett threatened to with hold funding and who knows what else? We do know for certain that he was probably the first Gov. to show up for a BOT meeting. His victory lap cocktails in downtown state college have been well documented. What we can't get a record of is the # of cell phone conversations he and Scummy Surma had leading up to the climax! You had 2 bullies and no one to put on the brakes.....
Even Frazier, I'm told, suggest Joe be put on administrative leave (instead of fired) but Surma wasn't drinking the kool aid.

Once again, Schultz did testify that he thought a report was made to the same agency that handled 1998. Everyone knew there would be no record and that didn't exonerate him in the eyes of those who needed to frame him and by association put the whole scandal on PSU. What folks seem to dismiss, is the fact that C,S and S were being queried about an incident that was a decade old. MM's changing story was considered normal given the time lapse.....but he, by virtue of his willingness to be manipulated, wasn't held to the same standard.
If Ray is correct, there are three unrelated pieces of evidence that CYS was made aware of PSU's concern and how they planned to proceed. In addition TSM was notified. Not only were Curley and Schultz framed and sent to prison (Spanier still on the hook?) But Joe was distroyed as well.
My question is why? PSU it appears, was targeted, Surma fell in lockstep with Corbett/Fina and the masses of asses (prompted by Ganim) gobbled up horseshit. Why? Someone or something is being hidden.
Logic tells us that PSU (3) never covered anything up....you don't call your lawyer, go to the person in questions employer, and change a working agreement, if you are trying to keep something hidden. Now we know CYS was part of this?

Schultz testified that he thought Curley filed a report and Curley is silent on the matter. Back to square one: what was the content of the "missing" document?

The BOT's Special Investigations Task Force was in on the scam.

In the prior blog about Freeh lying about discovering the emails on March 20, 2012, his team shares information about the 1998 emails with FRAZIER and TOMALIS on February 12, 2012.

https://notpsu.blogspot.com/2020/01/more-smoking-guns-from-mcchesney-diary.html

Last edited:
Schultz testified that he thought Curley filed a report and Curley is silent on the matter. Back to square one: what was the content of the "missing" document?
You can read Blehar as easily as I can. My interpretation was that it contained PSU's plan of action in dealing with JS. I realize people can be skeptical, but Ray is generally pretty careful with what he writes. He also states that 2 other sources had previously indicated to him that there was a report to CYS.

Based on the evidence, the action to contact CYS occurred on February 11 or 12, 2001 when Courtney advised Schultz on how to respond. Curley was not in the loop on the discussion.

Last edited:
Based on the evidence, the action to contact CYS occurred on February 11, 2001 when Courtney advised Schultz on how to respond. Curley was not in the loop on the discussion.

Schultz never testified that he contacted CYS, only that he thought that Curley did.

You can read Blehar as easily as I can. My interpretation was that it contained PSU's plan of action in dealing with JS. I realize people can be skeptical, but Ray is generally pretty careful with what he writes. He also states that 2 other sources had previously indicated to him that there was a report to CYS.
CORRECT. See Courtney's description from page 84 of the Freeh Report...

Schultz never testified that he contacted CYS, only that he thought that Curley did.
I don't see that. I see Schultz stating that he felt confident that CYS was contacted....he doesn't mention who he thought did it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT