ADVERTISEMENT

Blue-White

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
With the opening of PA and with most other programs having a “semi-normal” Spring Game, is PSU really going to follow through with the nonsense having having freshman only?

Bet the local businesses could use the boost?

Perhaps common sense will prevail? One can hope.

Reactions: blmr31
With the opening of PA and with most other programs having a “semi-normal” Spring Game, is PSU really going to follow through with the nonsense having having freshman only?

Bet the local businesses could use the boost?

Perhaps common sense will prevail? One can hope.
It’s a done deal. They are not changing

Don’t question Sandy’s leadering. This is why she gets paid the big bucks, I think. Something like that.
giphy.gif

It’s a done deal. They are not changing
Unreal...it amazes me that it is not even being talked about.

Pitiful to kick those local businesses in the teeth. And creates a disadvantage with other programs that are having an actual game atmosphere.

In the real world, there would be consequences for such ridiculously poor and callous leadership.

Shameful.

Pitiful to kick those local businesses in the teeth. And creates a disadvantage with other programs that are having an actual game atmosphere.

In the real world, there would be consequences for such ridiculously poor and callous leadership.

Shameful.
You would be pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

You would be pointing the finger in the wrong direction.
Whose direction am I pointing? I did not single out anyone. But whoever at Penn State made the decision is cruel and incompetent. And they are putting our program at a disadvantage.

And it is a simple decision to modify - and give the local community, the program, and the fanbase a needed boost.

Last edited:
Reactions: blmr31 and chuckrup
Our fans need practice too.
Other programs get to showcase their team and the atmosphere.

You know, exactly how we use the White Out?

And it helps the local community - which desperately needs it.

Why can everyone else have a game but we cannot? Does the virus target everyone but freshman. The stupidly is actually breathtaking. But shamefully is now the norm.

Last edited:
I would hope they would think about it and make a slight change. But that change would be to also allow seniors in and not just freshmen. As much as I want to get there and watch I think those seniors deserve it more than any of us.

I would hope they would think about it and make a slight change. But that change would be to also allow seniors in and not just freshmen. As much as I want to get there and watch I think those seniors deserve it more than any of us.
Well since the State will permit 53,000 +, they could easily allow in a lot more.

Why is this so difficult? Every other major program is basically allowing 50% attendance.

Heck, they could even sell tickets for $20 per pop and give the money to COVID relief. Or Thon? Or both?

And we wonder why we can’t defeat Ohio State?

Not my opinion, The State is on record with this.
That’s not correct. The state said up to 50% as long as everyone can remain socially distanced. If you’ve ever sat in Beaver Stadium, you’ll know that 50% isn’t happening.

That’s not correct. The state said up to 50% as long as everyone can remain socially distanced. If you’ve ever sat in Beaver Stadium, you’ll know that 50% isn’t happening.
Well, they can certainly fit in a few more just a few freshman. I think Ohio State is putting 40-45k into their stadium that is smaller than Beaver Stadium.

We are totally an outlier here.

Reactions: john4psu and blmr31
So is direction the BoT? The wonderful state? Aka the Wolf pack?
No. Coach Franklin chose to use the 15th practice as just that, a practice. He didn’t want to have a plain vanilla scrimmage with the media present. He is installing a new offense that he would prefer not to share. He wants to be able to run the new offense in his 15th practice. Also after missing all of spring last year and the result of fall he wants to use every practice to its fullest. i believe 40% of this team has not had a spring practice. The freshmen will see mostly a practice. There will be no media present.

MacNit, you make the wild claim we can’t beat OSU because we won’t be having a spring game? I think having a real practice is a much better idea this year.

No. Coach Franklin chose to use the 15th practice as just that, a practice. He didn’t want to have a plain vanilla scrimmage with the media present. He is installing a new offense that he would prefer not to share. He wants to be able to run the new offense in his 15th practice. Also after missing all of spring last year and the result of fall he wants to use every practice to its fullest. i believe 40% of this team has not had a spring practice. The freshmen will see mostly a practice. There will be no media present.

MacNit, you make the wild claim we can’t beat OSU because we won’t be having a spring game? I think having a real practice is a much better idea this year.
Fantastic idea! Wonder why no one else has thought of it?

Guess we are the only one who missed Spring last year? If he is that worried, why let in freshman? Think any of them might have a cell phone? Talk about wild claims.

Maybe IM Saban and Day and Dabo - they are missing the boat?!!

And of course I am not claiming we can’t beat O$U because of no Spring Game. But stupid decisions and bull-headed stubbornness are signs that help explain it.

And it unnecessarily hurts the local community when they are really hurting. But hey, who cares about them, right?

Bad decision, IMO. First, having one more hour of practice four months before the first game won’t make much difference. Two, having a game style practice is good for the players. Three, it’s a good recruiting opportunity hat practices don’t have. Three, like it or not, football is fan based. It wouldn’t exist without great support. And our fans help recruiting, help win games, help make PSU one of the most desired TV venues. Not only makes his job easier and more fun but also pays his salary. Four, the local businesses are really hurting and he should be willing to help them.

The only possible downside is showing some new wrinkles in both offense and defense, including scouting of the individual players. With Wisky as the opener that could be important. But if they are gonna allow in thousands of freshmen I think Wisky will find a way to get at least one person in.

Now I know this is where the self righteous will whine that someone dares give their opinion. That all us couch coaches are so damn smart. That we should be calling the plays. Insinuating we should just shut up and watch. Tough titties....it is a spectator sport meaning spectators are critical to success. Don’t like others opinions.....don’t come here as opinion are what this board is all about.

Bad decision, IMO. First, having one more hour of practice four months before the first game won’t make much difference. Two, having a game style practice is good for the players. Three, it’s a good recruiting opportunity hat practices don’t have. Three, like it or not, football is fan based. It wouldn’t exist without great support. And our fans help recruiting, help win games, help make PSU one of the most desired TV venues. Not only makes his job easier and more fun but also pays his salary. Four, the local businesses are really hurting and he should be willing to help them.

The only possible downside is showing some new wrinkles in both offense and defense, including scouting of the individual players. With Wisky as the opener that could be important. But if they are gonna allow in thousands of freshmen I think Wisky will find a way to get at least one person in.

Now I know this is where the self righteous will whine that someone dares give their opinion. That all us couch coaches are so damn smart. That we should be calling the plays. Insinuating we should just shut up and watch. Tough titties....it is a spectator sport meaning spectators are critical to success. Don’t like others opinions.....don’t come here as opinion are what this board is all about.
You are 100% entitled to your opinion. But I'll still take CJF's.

Shameful.

Disagree. While we would all like to see a BW game, whether live or streamed, the team and coaches will get a lot more out of a practice than the scripted nonsense of the B&W game.

+1.

Fantastic idea! Wonder why no one else has thought of it?

Guess we are the only one who missed Spring last year? If he is that worried, why let in freshman? Think any of them might have a cell phone? Talk about wild claims.

Maybe IM Saban and Day and Dabo - they are missing the boat?!!

And of course I am not claiming we can’t beat O$U because of no Spring Game. But stupid decisions and bull-headed stubbornness are signs that help explain it.

And it unnecessarily hurts the local community when they are really hurting. But hey, who cares about them, right?

giphy.gif

No one is stopping you from going up and supporting those businesses.

Winner-winner chicken dinner. Spot on.

Reactions: grinagrin
Disagree. While we would all like to see a BW game, whether live or streamed, the team and coaches will get a lot more out of a practice than the scripted nonsense of the B&W game.
You must be correct. That’s why nearly all the other teams but Penn State have Spring games. What do Saban and Day know - the rubes?!

Everyone should follow the fighting CJFs coming off an immaculate 4-5 record with wins over next to nobody.

And all most here are asking for is more access to the event. Does not have to be a game. Run a practice if you want. But allow access and TV. And create an environment to support local business.

Again, it’s not that complicated. We are the outlier. Literally everyone else is moving ahead with the usual Spring game.

Shameful.

Believe it or not, academia is part of the real world you speak of. Some may not like it but every large organization has leadership that make decisions that most don't like. They most likely have more info then the general public/interested parties to base their decisions on.

The one thing I have learned with this pandemic is to remain flexible. Like the Heartbreak Ridge reference, improvise, adapt, and overcome. Most of the well run local business have done that as well. Choosing to complain about everything is fruitless because it changes nothing.

On another note, if there isn't going to be any media there, what is going to stop some freshman kid from videoing the practice on the their phone? I am guessing Franklin will show limited parts of the new offensive scheme but I am sure the media will get some video some how. So essentially there will be no Blue White game as they are just letting Freshmen attend the last spring practice.

Reactions: CVLion and BBrown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT