ADVERTISEMENT

Birthday greetings on this Monday ...

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
(again, filling in for fairgambit, as he works on his bucket list)

... go out to a few ladies.

Our first greetings go out to a lady that a young Mr. Gambit became absolutely smitten with in The Three Faces of Eve, Joanne Woodward:

Joanne-Woodward-Feet-895748.jpg

740full-joanne-woodward.jpg

Our second birthday greetings go out to Dame Elizabeth Taylor, a lady that had 7 husbands, and scores of males, including Mr. Gambit, wishing they could be so lucky:

740full-elizabeth-taylor.jpg

6a00d83451f25369e200e5517d3d108834_800wi.jpg

Our final birthday greetings go out to Kate Mara. Mr. Gambit has been enamored with her since he first saw her on TV in 1997 on Law & Order, and has continued to be a fan of her in movies like Brokeback Mountain, We Are Marshall, Shooter, and Fantastic Four.

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

just a note -- this got posted, and then edited. My computer way a little haywire, with so many windows opened, so the post got accidentally posted when I was half-way thru posting Liz Taylor.

Excellent work Tom. I am just stopping in for a minute as I wait for a client that is running late. I will add one more, Mary Frann, best known for her work on the Bob Newhart show. She died, all too young, in 1998, at age 55. I only have time for one photo. Gotta' run.

680full-bob-newhart.jpg

Excellent work Tom. I am just stopping in for a minute as I wait for a client that is running late. I will add one more, Mary Frann, best known for her work on the Bob Newhart show. She died, all too young, in 1998, at age 55. I only have time for one photo. Gotta' run.

680full-bob-newhart.jpg
Bob to Emily in the Newhart finale: "I think you should wear more sweaters."

Reactions: psuro and john4psu
Excellent work Tom. I am just stopping in for a minute as I wait for a client that is running late. I will add one more, Mary Frann, best known for her work on the Bob Newhart show.

There were too many candidates today. I don't like to exceed three birthday greetings. Mary Frann (born Mary Frances Luecke) was next on my list. I also didn't include Pascale Petit (born as Anne-Marie Pettit. Since you mentioned Mary Frann, here are some pics of her as well as Pascale Petit.

Pascale Petit:

740full-pascale-petit.jpg

Mary Frann:

740full-mary-frann.jpg

155514253-actress-mary-frann-attends-24th-annual-gettyimages.jpg

mf2.JPG

actress-mary-frann-attends-nbc-fall-press-tour-on-july-18-1990-at-the-picture-id155514127

actress-mary-frann-attends-make-a-wish-foundation-benefit-on-march-13-picture-id155514384

Reactions: fairgambit

... go out to a few ladies.

Our first greetings go out to a lady that a young Mr. Gambit became absolutely smitten with in The Three Faces of Eve, Joanne Woodward:

Joanne-Woodward-Feet-895748.jpg

Our second birthday greetings go out to Dame Elizabeth Taylor, a lady that had 7 husbands, and scores of males, including Mr. Gambit, wishing they could be so lucky:

6a00d83451f25369e200e5517d3d108834_800wi.jpg

Our final birthday greetings go out to Kate Mara. Mr. Gambit has been enamored with her since he first saw her on TV in 1997 on Law & Order, and has continued to be a fan of her in movies like Brokeback Mountain, We Are Marshall, Shooter, and Fantastic Four.

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

So Tom, what you're saying is that Mr. Gambit is a fan of Brokeback Mountain.

:eek:

Elizabeth Taylor was before my time, but I love her anyway. Absolutely stellar.

The picture above Liz as Cleo, I believe that was her playing Gloria Wandrous in John O'Hara's BUtterfield-8. That was her first Best Actress Academy Award.

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg

740full-kate-mara.jpg
yum

Elizabeth Taylor was before my time, but I love her anyway. Absolutely stellar.

The picture above Liz as Cleo, I believe that was her playing Gloria Wandrous in John O'Hara's BUtterfield-8. That was her first Best Actress Academy Award.
Liz was a beauty and an excellent actress, my favorite being Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf ( the entire cast, really ).

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
just a note -- this got posted, and then edited. My computer way a little haywire, with so many windows opened, so the post got accidentally posted when I was half-way thru posting Liz Taylor.

Tom, you and half the men on this planet wish they had "posted" Liz Taylor!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT