Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Aaron Nagao

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • David Evans

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Terrell Barraclough

Votes: 12 7.3%

• Total voters
I can think of 1 reason Gable might want to re-think wrestling this year....Greg is focusing. Say, if I was in Iowa I'd bet a good sum that Greg would take at least 1 out of 3 goes.

I’m not going to poo-poo his service but he’s going to be a logistics officer in the Air Force. That’s commendable but he’ll almost certainly never be shot at, and he will never, ever lead troops in combat.

Meanwhile, this guy exists, and he’s been through Ranger School, RASP 2/ROPE and multiple combat deployments in 10th Mountain and the 75th Ranger Regiment. He has a tab, a scroll, combat infantryman badge, and a BSM-V with an oak leaf cluster. He went through more privation in a couple weeks than Wyatt will in his entire AF career, and that had nothing to do with his athletic pursuits.

The sight of Alejandro Villanueva standing alone in the tunnel saluting the flag while his “team” sat cowardly in the locker room frankly broke my heart and is the reason I havent watched another NFL game since.

Nfl is/has been dead to me since then. MLB, almost since they TURNED BLM. Only reason why I still watch is that they never really lived on it.

Sports need to stay the fudge away from politics.

Reactions: Ski
I’m not going to poo-poo his service but he’s going to be a logistics officer in the Air Force. That’s commendable but he’ll almost certainly never be shot at, and he will never, ever lead troops in combat.

Meanwhile, this guy exists, and he’s been through Ranger School, RASP 2/ROPE and multiple combat deployments in 10th Mountain and the 75th Ranger Regiment. He has a tab, a scroll, combat infantryman badge, and a BSM-V with an oak leaf cluster. He went through more privation in a couple weeks than Wyatt will in his entire AF career, and that had nothing to do with his athletic pursuits.

The schedule/discipline/delayed gratification demonstrated by ALL service academy graduates is deserving of my respect.
The schedule/discipline/delayed gratification demonstrated by ALL wrestlers is deserving of my respect.
The COMBINATION of the 2 (academy wrestlers) is almost unfathomable that they have the ability to maintain academic, military and athletic schedules/discipline and delayed gratification.
And yet not even close to the respect I have for Villanueva and all our combat veterans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT