ADVERTISEMENT

Big10 Hoops

We basically get two chances to play on Thursday...either win Sunday, or win Wednesday. Sunday is big though, as any remote chance we have of winning it all in Minnesota would be greatly aided by playing 160 minutes there instead of 200.

The
We can still be the 9 seed if OSU wins . We finish second in the 4 way tie with OSU, Minnesota, and Indiana
The question becomes, are we better off playing Wednesday to avoid Purdue? To get the 10 versus the 8/9 game requires bothe Minnesota to beat northwestern, and Indiana to beat msu

The

The question becomes, are we better off playing Wednesday to avoid Purdue? To get the 10 versus the 8/9 game requires bothe Minnesota to beat northwestern, and Indiana to beat msu
Regardless of the scenario, do you really think that this team is capable of winning even the first two games in this tournament? Hell, the first game that they play probably will come down to the last minute or so regardless of whom they play, and that's if they play relatively well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see OSU do what PSU did last season; they're really hot now. Other than Iliinois, they may be the best Big 10 team right now after Purdue.
And I believe OSU was the last team to beat Purdue which started their run. But yeah. I agree with you, Illinois might be the team to take down Purdue

We basically get two chances to play on Thursday...either win Sunday, or win Wednesday. Sunday is big though, as any remote chance we have of winning it all in Minnesota would be greatly aided by playing 160 minutes there instead of 200.
We get the 10 seed by beating Maryland and either MSU beats Indiana or Rutgers beats OSU. We jump to 8 if all 3 things happen and Minny loses to NW. I don't think there is a scenario that we are higher than 8. Otherwise we are stuck in the play in game.

We want the 10 seed and then we probably play #7 Iowa. We beat them in SC but they can get red hot and score a ton of points. Still like playing them more than MSU. There is a chance we could play Indiana who would be the #7 and us as the 10, Iowa needs to beat Illinois, Indiana beats MSU and Rutgers beats OSU for that to happen. I like our chances versus Indiana although they are hot now.

We get the 10 seed by beating Maryland and either MSU beats Indiana or Rutgers beats OSU. We jump to 8 if all 3 things happen and Minny loses to NW.
I agree on the scenario that everything holds serve, we win, Indiana wins, and Rutgers beats Ohio St. However, I can't get it to work with MSU beating Indiana, as I'm getting us in the 8-9 game with either Rutgers or OSU winning that game.

If misery likes company our old coach sure is struggling with the Domers - wonder if they have buyers regret.

If misery likes company our old coach sure is struggling with the Domers - wonder if they have buyers regret.
They shouldn’t…he’s building a solid foundation and they are likely to be pretty good next season.

It’s the equivalent of the VCU fans looking at us thinking we regret hiring Rhoades.

Last edited:
I agree on the scenario that everything holds serve, we win, Indiana wins, and Rutgers beats Ohio St. However, I can't get it to work with MSU beating Indiana, as I'm getting us in the 8-9 game with either Rutgers or OSU winning that game.
You're right. We only get the 10 seed if Indiana wins and Rutgers wins. With OSU winning and MSU winning OSU will still go below us knocking us to the 8-9 due to the round robin tiebreaker they defer to with 3 teams. I was thinking OSU had us in the tiebreaker given they beat Purdue but with Indiana added to the mix you have three 9-11 teams.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
They shouldn’t…he’s building a solid foundation and they are likely to be pretty good next season.

It’s the equivalent of the VCU fans looking at us thinking we regret hiring Rhoades.
Thanks for the update, Mrs Shrewsberry.

Really solid analysis!
Not much analysis needed. You’ve become a one trick pony. The guy hasn’t accomplished much of anything on his own as a head coach yet you’re his biggest cheerleader so I figure there must be something going on. At this point he’s just as likely to be another Jerry Dunn as anything else but for some reason you tout him as the next Red Auerbach. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Put me in the Not Impressed column.

Not much analysis needed. You’ve become a one trick pony. The guy hasn’t accomplished much of anything on his own as a head coach yet you’re his biggest cheerleader so I figure there must be something going on. At this point he’s just as likely to be another Jerry Dunn as anything else but for some reason you tout him as the next Red Auerbach. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Put me in the Not Impressed column.
I've become a "one trick pony"? I don't think I've posted a single thing about Micah in the past few months unless it was in response to someone taking a shot at him.

He did a great job at Penn State over two seasons, and while I'm sure his record wasn't what he wanted at ND this season, he's assembled a lot of young talent and has them in a nice position heading into next season. All of the bashing him here (from you an others) is so dumb, but I guess some can't handle anyone ever leaving PSU. These posts are just as pathetic as the posts on the VCU board claiming that they made out so much better in the coaching carousel.

I've become a "one trick pony"? I don't think I've posted a single thing about Micah in the past few months unless it was in response to someone taking a shot at him.

He did a great job at Penn State over two seasons, and while I'm sure his record wasn't what he wanted at ND this season, he's assembled a lot of young talent and has them in a nice position heading into next season. All of the bashing him here (from you an others) is so dumb, but I guess some can't handle anyone ever leaving PSU. These posts are just as pathetic as the posts on the VCU board claiming that they made out so much better in the coaching carousel.
Yeah we know. You repeat the same things over and over… and over and over. Simply pointing out that Shrewsberry hasn’t accomplished Jack as a head coach is not bashing him. It’s reality, Mrs Shrewsberry. You’re the one who has this irrational defense mechanism for the guy. Hey it’s a free country, or at least it was when I was growing up. If you want to present him as the second coming, be my guest. But just because the rest of us aren't buying what you’re selling doesn’t make us dumb, not able to take a coach bailing on his team or even giving a $hit about anything having to do with VCU. I watched a half dozen Notre Dame games this year. They stink. Shrewsberry has said as much in his press conferences. Maybe they’ll be better in the next year or two. If they’re not he won’t be there for long.

Last edited:
Yeah we know. You repeat the same things over and over… and over and over. Simply pointing out that Shrewsberry hasn’t accomplished Jack as a head coach is not bashing him. It’s reality, Mrs Shrewsberry. You’re the one who has this irrational defense mechanism for the guy. Hey it’s a free country, or at least it was when I was growing up. If you want to present him as the second coming, be my guest. But just because the rest of us aren't buying what you’re selling doesn’t make us dumb, not able to take a coach bailing on his team or even giving a $hit about anything having to do with VCU. I watched a half dozen Notre Dame games this year. They stink. Shrewsberry has said as much in his press conferences. Maybe they’ll be better in the next year or two. If they’re not he won’t be there for long.
Indiana and Ohio state wins push us to 11, even with a win

I don't even respond to Kasparaitis anymore...he name calls and acts like a buffoon on here. It's a freaking message board and yet insults others....he's a blowhard that needs to take a chill pill and get fresh air.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
I unusually try to be an instigator but this was accidental - I just saw that Micah was really struggling - no better then us at this point but I really could not care leas about him one way or the other.

I don't even respond to Kasparaitis anymore...he name calls and acts like a buffoon on here. It's a freaking message board and yet insults others....he's a blowhard that needs to take a chill pill and get fresh air.
It’s nice to see that those who can’t take the heat self censor by leaving the kitchen. So thanks for that! I only respond in kind to those who attack me first. I do expose the trolling Poser Lando because he’s a trolling poser. And it’s difficult at times to refrain from ridiculing some of the ridiculously jealous, petty and hypocritical Steelers fans because, well, they’re so jealous, petty and hypocritical.

As for you my friend, saying someone name calls and acts like a buffoon before calling them a “blowhard that needs to take a chill pill and get fresh air” kind of speaks for itself. Enjoy the fresh air. Friend.

It’s nice to see that those who can’t take the heat self censor by leaving the kitchen. So thanks for that! I only respond in kind to those who attack me first. I do expose the trolling Poser Lando because he’s a trolling poser. And it’s difficult at times to refrain from ridiculing some of the ridiculously jealous, petty and hypocritical Steelers fans because, well, they’re so jealous, petty and hypocritical.

As for you my friend, saying someone name calls and acts like a buffoon before calling them a “blowhard that needs to take a chill pill and get fresh air” kind of speaks for itself. Enjoy the fresh air. Friend.
Can't take the heat, lol...ok. Maybe that's the point...no need to dish off heat on a freaking message board. And, a few days back on a different thread, you were insulting because you disagreed with my POV...on a sports message board. I didn't come after you first, so you are disingenuous saying that. So, pound sand. You are on ignore.

Last edited:
Can't take the heat, lol...ok. Maybe that's the point...no need to dish off heat on a freaking message board. And, a few days back on a different thread, you were insulting because you disagreed with my POV...on a sports message board. I didn't come after you first, so you are disingenuous saying that. So, pound sand. You are on ignore.
If what you say is true then I humbly apologize.

Indiana/Michigan St getting ready to start on CBS becomes a big one for us now...MSU wins it, and we can still get the 9 seed with a win over Maryland tonight. Indiana wins that one, and we'll be playing on Wednesday night regardless of what we do tonight.

Unfortunately, we're playing on Wednesday night...we win today, and we'll play at 9pm at the 11th seed against Michigan. Lose today, and we play at 6:30pm as the 12th seed against Rutgers.

Unfortunately, we're playing on Wednesday night...we win today, and we'll play at 9pm at the 11th seed against Michigan. Lose today, and we play at 6:30pm as the 12th seed against Rutgers.
The 9 seed was not exciting me much. Would have been in a death match with Indiana and then if we won we get to lose to Purdue. If we get the 11 we get Michigan who we should beat then get Indiana who we have a decent shot of beating particularly if Galloway is injured. But Ware for them has come on strong so he will dominate in the paint.

The obvious issue with the 11 seed is the extra game. If we were able to advance to the quarters we are playing our 3rd game in 3 days meanwhile Nebraska has a double bye so at that point it would be very difficult to advance any further.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT