ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ben(OT)

PSUriseANDfire

Jun 3, 2012
Central PA
Team was really starting to look like a legit threat. Roethlisberger's injury didn't look like a day to day thing. Wasn't a dirty hit and didn't even look that bad. The way he grabbed it was not good. Hopefully not ACL/MCL but I am not holding my breath.

Team was really starting to look like a legit threat. Roethlisberger's injury didn't look like a day to day thing. Wasn't a dirty hit and didn't even look that bad. The way he grabbed it was not good. Hopefully not ACL/MCL but I am not holding my breath.

Seasons over....

Season over... Just got to wonder about Ben's future now. He is getting up there in age and has 2 super bowls.

On the bright side, the mean IQ of the active roster probably goes up a notch or three.

I believe I am going to bet heavily on the pure agony end of things.

Landry Jones is incredibly terrible. Nobody attractive on the market. Matt Flynn might be someone to look into,

I believe I am going to bet heavily on the pure agony end of things.

Landry Jones is incredibly terrible. Nobody attractive on the market. Matt Flynn might be someone to look into,

How many McGloin to the Steeler threads will there be? I think Gradkowski will be back soon. Him and Vick will be fine.

Ben was actually considered one of the smartest testing intelligence wise QB's ever heading into the draft. He basically has a photographic memory.

Reactions: m48tank
I'll wait for the report before I assume anything. If Ben is out for an extended period of time or the whole season, yeah, the Steelers playoff hopes are done.

I have no idea what happened between Ben and those two women. Maybe he got away with something,but all I know is both of the alleged crimes were investigated by the police and no charges were ever filed. I do believe, at the very least, he behaved like a pig, especially in the situation in Georgia. When that first happened I would not have cared if the Steelers released Ben, but he really seems to have grown up. He was not well liked by many of his teammates, but is now popular among his mates. He has admitted that he was basically a dick earlier in his career. I can only assume that the earlier attack on his intelligence is based on the off field stuff because nothing I have seen on the field would indicate a lack of intelligence.

I have no idea what happened between Ben and those two women. Maybe he got away with something,but all I know is both of the alleged crimes were investigated by the police and no charges were ever filed. I do believe, at the very least, he behaved like a pig, especially in the situation in Georgia. When that first happened I would not have cared if the Steelers released Ben, but he really seems to have grown up. He was not well liked by many of his teammates, but is now popular among his mates. He has admitted that he was basically a dick earlier in his career. I can only assume that the earlier attack on his intelligence is based on the off field stuff because nothing I have seen on the field would indicate a lack of intelligence.

You would think Penn State fans would understand this, but we keep throwing it in other faces, but hate when others do it to us.

Ben never had charges filed against him.

Reactions: bison13
Not a Pittsburgh fan at all, but even if I was, can only hope and pray that Michael Vick suffers a terrible career ending injury on each and every play he lines up. Also, pray that his final moments on earth are having his face chewed off "walking dead" style by a rabid pit bull.

Good talk.

Reactions: thecoolestfish
You would think Penn State fans would understand this, but we keep throwing it in other faces, but hate when others do it to us.

-------
Neither did Corbutt, or Baldwin, or any OG BoT memember, or anyone from TSM.

Having no charges filed does not equal innocence. You would think..........

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
Not a Pittsburgh fan at all, but even if I was, can only hope and pray that Michael Vick suffers a terrible career ending injury on each and every play he lines up. Also, pray that his final moments on earth are having his face chewed off "walking dead" style by a rabid pit bull.

Good talk.

You're really off your rocker.

Good talk.

I love my pets and animals in general. What Vick and his crew did was as sick as all hell, but still...

Reactions: Ski and Pocono Lion

Let me start by saying that I don't think Ben was guilty. But there is WAY more evidence of his guilt than Paterno. Yet I hear idiots like Mark Madden on the radio crucifying Paterno, then turning around and sticking up for Ben.

Reactions: Ski
Let me start by saying that I don't think Ben was guilty. But there is WAY more evidence of his guilt than Paterno. Yet I hear idiots like Mark Madden on the radio crucifying Paterno, then turning around and sticking up for Ben.

Apparently there was not much evidence of his guilt SINCE HE NEVER GOT CHARGED.

they weren't investigated either. Think Ben got a break down in Georgia. I don't think so. But they all SHOULD be investigated!
TSM what a travesty of justice.

No. But, I have rescued two great dogs and a cat. Maybe we have different definitions for "off your rocker."

It's admirable that you have rescued those animals and as somebody who is a dog owner I get the way people are repulsed by Michael Vick's crimes. I am too. But...... I also believe in redemption for those who seek it. Michael Vick served his time in prison, and lost virtually all the money he made up to that point. He deserved everything that happened to him, but since his release from prison he has been a model citizen and is now doing work to help rescue animals that need it. He doesn't have to do this stuff. I believe he has genuine regret for what he did and is trying to make amends to the extent that it is possible.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
It's admirable that you have rescued those animals and as somebody who is a dog owner I get the way people are repulsed by Michael Vick's crimes. I am too. But...... I also believe in redemption for those who seek it. Michael Vick served his time in prison, and lost virtually all the money he made up to that point. He deserved everything that happened to him, but since his release from prison he has been a model citizen and is now doing work to help rescue animals that need it. He doesn't have to do this stuff. I believe he has genuine regret for what he did and is trying to make amends to the extent that it is possible.
You believe. I don't. That's not just a switch that you flip. That's in you. You're born with that. Let's just say I wouldn't let Adrian Peterson babysit any children, either. But, you keep believing whatever you want. I'll do the same.

Good talk.

I really think this kind of stuff should be a ban

Reactions: Ski and m48tank

What evidence is of his guilt (of having unconcentual sex)? It's pretty much zero in both Parerno's and Ben's cases.

Reactions: Ski

I'm with you in that he deserves at least one opportunity to serve a debt to society, and then move on with his life. I just don't want him wearing my team's jersey. Call it NIMBY if you want, as I'll fully admit that's what it is.

At the same time, while I'm not wishing for it, I wouldn't shed a tear if he got his face ripped off by a dog either. I don't think being ok with dogs being tortured and killed is something 'curable.' That's sochiopathic (sp?) behavior that is set in one's brain.

I do find myself agreeing with those that think that is not only sociopath but also behavior that might not be able to be helped. I hope he was redeemed but when you get down to it the stuff he personally did was basically pure evil. Like things most people can't even think about let alone act out.

I do find myself agreeing with those that think that is not only sociopath but also behavior that might not be able to be helped. I hope he was redeemed but when you get down to it the stuff he personally did was basically pure evil. Like things most people can't even think about let alone act out.

I also see that he at least appears to be trying to live a good life and right his wrongs. It's tricky.

I'm with you in that he deserves at least one opportunity to serve a debt to society, and then move on with his life. I just don't want him wearing my team's jersey. Call it NIMBY if you want, as I'll fully admit that's what it is.

At the same time, while I'm not wishing for it, I wouldn't shed a tear if he got his face ripped off by a dog either. I don't think being ok with dogs being tortured and killed is something 'curable.' That's sochiopathic (sp?) behavior that is set in one's brain.

I get everything you are saying. It is hard for me to wrap my mind around the idea that somebody could torture and kill dogs. Perhaps Michael Vick is pulling a big con job and is doing all the good work he is now doing for show, but I don't think so. You are right that everything he did screams that he was a sociopath, but everything he has done since then would indicate he has truly changed. I guess time will tell.

Good talk.

Agree! Anyone who hurts animals/kids (the defenseless) deserves the worst! I can't help but remember Vick taunting the audience in that video while he was being investigated talking in the third person repeatedly saying "you can't touch Mike Vick". What a d-bag! And just because you "did your time" doesn't mean sh@t. He's doing th only thing he can do for someone that got caught and ridiculed.

Reactions: Alphabets
I get everything you are saying. It is hard for me to wrap my mind around the idea that somebody could torture and kill dogs. Perhaps Michael Vick is pulling a big con job and is doing all the good work he is now doing for show, but I don't think so. You are right that everything he did screams that he was a sociopath, but everything he has done since then would indicate he has truly changed. I guess time will tell.

As my father always said to me "the only thing that matters about your character are the things you do when no one is looking". Vick has PR people and only has the NFL as an opportunity to make millions. Show me what he does when football and fame is finished.

Reactions: Alphabets
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT