ADVERTISEMENT

Best wrestling movie ever?

GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
While we all wait with baited breath in anticipation for the tourney to start, ... how about a little fun?

I can't help myself, but with each view it gets even better and more classic. The first watch I thought it just so so, but now as senility starts to take hold, it's hilarious and a little sweet, which makes it wife safe.

#1 All Time Wrestling movie is "Nacho Libre"

PS - wrestling value = 0

Last edited:
giphy.gif

While we all wait with baited breath in anticipation for the tourney to start, ... how about a little fun?

I can't help myself, but with each view it gets even better and more classic. The first watch I thought it just so so, but now as senility starts to take hold, it's hilarious and a little sweet, which makes it wife safe.

#1 All Time Wrestling movie is "Nacho Libre"

PS - wrestling value = 0

its Obviously Scooby Doo WrestleMania Mystery
tumblr_n2bcl5jBzg1s04nqbo2_250.gifv

PS- Wrestling Value= Negative 1

But Win Win is a Very Close 2nd;)

I've never seen Vision Quest. Anyone have a lead on where to stream it for free? I'm not seeing it on any of the major streaming providers (HBO, HULU, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc).

I did recently watch "American Wrestler: The Wizard" on HBO Max. It purports to be based on some real events about a HS kid who escapes Iran in the 1980s after the Iran hostage crisis, takes up wrestling at his California HS to fit in (having never wrestled before), and proceeds to destroy the competition and win the California state title. It's a low budget film from 2016 that doesn't show much realistic wrestling.

Wait, Nacho Libre? Are we talking actual wrestling or professional "wrestling"? The best wrestling movie is Vision Quest. There would be a much better debate about the second best.

Hi Ruby Tuesday! Now that you’ve found the way of posting photos, the board needs you to find LemonPie. (pawrestlersintn is busy working on anti-gravity, and CJFisJoePaII is busy working on world peace, so we can’t ask them.) :)

Reactions: 7brwnpsu
Not a movie but the Wonder Years episode where the dude has to wrestle Doug Gurney is classic and the goal of wrestling to not get pinned used by Kevin Arnold may have inspired Tom Ryan.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Vision Quest has always been my favorite wrestling movie.

Steve Carell in Foxcatcher did not meet my expectations.

Shia LaBeouf and Peanut Butter Falcon was entertaining, but I'm not a professional wrestling fan. Nonetheless, it was a good movie.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I think Win Win was a better film than Vision Quest, even if Vision Quest did more for the sport.

I think there's a better wrestling film still to be made. I'd like to see something like the 2011 film Warrior, which was about MMA, made for wrestling. Decent story, great actors, and excellent cinematography of the matches.

Takedowns and falls, Vision quest, the hammer, legendary, over the top (does arm wrestling count?)

A little step onto the soapbox here, but Win Win also did a great job of underscoring a BIG problem in this country - how we mistreat elderly people. Watch "I Care A Lot" on Netflix. That stuff really happens a lot more than most people realize.

I enjoyed the recent movie The Last Champion, though acting was closer to Hallmark than Hollywood.
The Netflix short documentary Zion was also an interesting watch.
But in the spirit of this thread, the best wrestling movie may be Ready to Rumble (2000).

Be honest, I know some of you guys watch Vision Quest for the room service tai chi scene. LOL

I got my wife to watch vision quest last night. She likes sports, just not wrestling, so talked it up as one of the best sports movies from the 80’s. She even stayed up later than usual to finish it.

Reactions: Ski and dunkej01
I've never seen Vision Quest. Anyone have a lead on where to stream it for free? I'm not seeing it on any of the major streaming providers (HBO, HULU, Amazon Prime, Netflix, etc).

I did recently watch "American Wrestler: The Wizard" on HBO Max. It purports to be based on some real events about a HS kid who escapes Iran in the 1980s after the Iran hostage crisis, takes up wrestling at his California HS to fit in (having never wrestled before), and proceeds to destroy the competition and win the California state title. It's a low budget film from 2016 that doesn't show much realistic wrestling.
$2.99 on prime.

I think it is on Peacock. I "ll check in the am.

Ya’ll can’t tell me that RBY wouldn’t be a great actor? Dude would be a star. Let’s make it happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT