ADVERTISEMENT

Best case NY6 bowl scenario

JosephNit

Sep 10, 2017
I’d make our chances 50-50 at this point. We do need just a little help. Not a lot, just a little. Specifically, our best scenario would be for Wisconsin to win out, including in Indianapolis, which would put them in the playoff.

An Ohio State loss in either Indianapolis or at Michigan should pretty much knock them out of NY6 consideration. Then again, with Delany’s big mouth and political connections, one never knows.

The worst scenario, I think, would be for Ohio State to beat Michigan and then beat Wisconsin. That would make both teams available for NY6 slots, and either would likely be picked ahead of us.

Of course, Franklin and the team should not be thinking at all about bowl scenarios. Because if we don’t beat Nebraska and Maryland the next two weeks, all of the above is moot.

I think Wiscy has little to no room for error. They don’t have a “big” win and their schedule sucked. I don’t totally blame them for that....their division sucks, but BYU isn’t normally this bad

Reactions: BBrown
I’d make our chances 50-50 at this point. We do need just a little help. Not a lot, just a little. Specifically, our best scenario would be for Wisconsin to win out, including in Indianapolis, which would put them in the playoff.

An Ohio State loss in either Indianapolis or at Michigan should pretty much knock them out of NY6 consideration. Then again, with Delany’s big mouth and political connections, one never knows.

The worst scenario, I think, would be for Ohio State to beat Michigan and then beat Wisconsin. That would make both teams available for NY6 slots, and either would likely be picked ahead of us.

Of course, Franklin and the team should not be thinking at all about bowl scenarios. Because if we don’t beat Nebraska and Maryland the next two weeks, all of the above is moot.
If Wiscy loses convincingly to OSU in Indy (which I think is likely), I believe there'd be a good chance we'd get the 2nd NY6 bowl invite.

BIG sent 4 teams to NY6/Playoffs last year....PSU wins out and NY6 bowl is all but gauranteed, IMO. Now if that means we get to play UCF in a bowl thne I would rather play in the Citrus against a top SEC team like Auburn or LSU.

We all know whats gonna happen.

PSU wins out, we're looking at Fiesta, Cotton, Peach or Orange playing Miami, ND, UCF or loser of SEC Champ game depending on how the rest of the season turns out for us and others.

If OSU wins out (with B1G Championship), OSU will be #4 playing the Sec Champ because everyone will say, "oh they beat ranked PSU, MSU, Mich, Wisc, they're a great team."

Wiscy will be in the same boat as us (see above).

MSU and Mich will go to one of the rest.

Bottom line, OSU is already in if they win out. Cause they're O$U

Reactions: PSUoh90
A 12-1 Wisconsin gets a NY6 bid over us. If Wisconsin wins out we'll probably get ND in the Cotton as long as neither team drops another game.

If Ohio State wins the Big Ten I highly doubt the Big Ten gets 3 teams in the playoff/NY6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT