ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the best team in the BiG?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I have no idea.

PSU is 5-0 and will be ranked 3rd. The best DB play I can remember. Ebikete & Mustipher have been great. Clifford was a bit off yesterday but he's been very good. Add Dotson & Washington are great at WR and Stout has been terrific. But they struggle to run for a yard. They're going to lose a couple of games if they can't get that fixed.

Michigan destroyed Wisconsin. I think they learned a lot watching PSU & ND vs Wisconsin. Still impressive. Maybe they're the best team.

Ohio State destroyed a decent Rutgers team and they're loaded with top recruits. One of the BTN guys moved them from 3rd to 1st. He might be right.

Iowa destroyed 4-0 Maryland. They dominated Indiana before Indy had so many injuries. They beat Iowa State. Perhaps they're the best team. They certainly have the easiest schedule.

Michigan State rebuilt their team and beat an improved Nebraska team. Could they be the best?

PSU still has all of these teams on the schedule. This is the toughest schedule I can remember. My guess is they'll lose 2 because of their run problems. But they have a shot to win the BiG East if they only lose 1 and that loss isn't OSU.

Define ‘define.’
CelebratedLongBlackwidowspider-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: Midnighter2
Ohio State has the best players. Then Penn State, then Michigan, then Iowa, then MSU. The east is brutal. It really looks like they have the easiest schedule on the east, as they get Michigan and Penn State at home. I think Michigan State is a year away. Iowa appears to have the best team in the west by quite a bit. We will see the best team debate settled in December, but I think tOSU beats Iowa.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Ohio State has the best players. Then Penn State, then Michigan, then Iowa, then MSU. The east is brutal. It really looks like they have the easiest schedule on the east, as they get Michigan and Penn State at home. I think Michigan State is a year away. Iowa appears to have the best team in the west by quite a bit. We will see the best team debate settled in December, but I think tOSU beats Iowa.
Ohio State plays at Michigan.

Why do we have to anoint two sec teams in the cfp when they refuse to play each other in the regular season. That is bull!!
Watched espn and they said that both are in. Ridiculous

OSU has a talent advantage every year. As injuries accumulate during the season, they have an easier time managing.

Nebraska will be formidable by season's end, and after 6 straight Iowa wins in the series, they'll be hungry at home to end the streak.

But does it really matter? Either Alabama or Georgia is your national champion and they are at least 2 TDs better than OSU.
If there is any team in the country that can move the ball on Georgia, it is OSU if Stroud turns into a good qb. OSU has a very good offensive line and 4 Maseratis in the backfield.

Interesting question as to whether OSU defense can improve enough to be competitive. They have 2 freshman studs, corner Denzel Burke and defensive lineman Tyleik Williams who are topline right now. They have two 5 star defensive ends that are both seeing a lot of time and seem to be playing well. They should both improve. So far their linebackers are mediocre. Of course, defense was awful against Oregon.

Scheme was awful for 1st two games and is looking better. As tougher games are played it is possible that defense will markedly improve.

Last edited:
I have no idea.

PSU is 5-0 and will be ranked 3rd. The best DB play I can remember. Ebikete & Mustipher have been great. Clifford was a bit off yesterday but he's been very good. Add Dotson & Washington are great at WR and Stout has been terrific. But they struggle to run for a yard. They're going to lose a couple of games if they can't get that fixed.

Michigan destroyed Wisconsin. I think they learned a lot watching PSU & ND vs Wisconsin. Still impressive. Maybe they're the best team.

Ohio State destroyed a decent Rutgers team and they're loaded with top recruits. One of the BTN guys moved them from 3rd to 1st. He might be right.

Iowa destroyed 4-0 Maryland. They dominated Indiana before Indy had so many injuries. They beat Iowa State. Perhaps they're the best team. They certainly have the easiest schedule.

Michigan State rebuilt their team and beat an improved Nebraska team. Could they be the best?

PSU still has all of these teams on the schedule. This is the toughest schedule I can remember. My guess is they'll lose 2 because of their run problems. But they have a shot to win the BiG East if they only lose 1 and that loss isn't OSU.
Ohio State is still the team to beat if you want a B1G championship. The problem this year is there are a lot of teams 1 step down that can beat you on any given week if you are not focused.

If there is any team in the country that can move the ball on Georgia, it is OSU if Stroud turns into a good qb. OSU has a very good offensive line and 4 Maseratis in the backfield.

Interesting question as to whether OSU defense can improve enough to be competitive. They have 2 freshman studs, corner Denzel Burke and defensive lineman Tyleik Williams who are topline right now. They have two 5 star defensive ends that are both seeing a lot of time and seem to be playing well. They should both improve. So far their linebackers are mediocre. Of course, defense was awful against Oregon.

Scheme was awful for 1st two games and is looking better. As tougher games are played it is possible that defense will markedly improve.

Don't mistake brutalizing Rutgers for false confidence when it comes to UGA. They run the ball with 3-4 backs and I've yet to see anything that says you all can stop the run yet.

Honestly, you probably have a much better shot at playing competitive with Bama this year than you do UGA.

Just a thought.

Reactions: LionJim
Ohio State is still the team to beat if you want a B1G championship. The problem this year is there are a lot of teams 1 step down that can beat you on any given week if you are not focused.
Agree, especially in the East which is a meat grinder

Reactions: NittanyLionFan

How do we know that Georgia is ant damn good. Who have they played.? Don’t tell me Arkansas for gods sake.

They run the ball with 3-4 backs and I've yet to see anything that says you all can stop the run yet.
Ohio State's defense has a lot to prove, but it has a fair amount of potential, particularly on defensive line. For sure Tyleik Williams and Haskell Garrett will be playing in the NFL. The two freshman 5 star defensive ends Jack Miller and J T Tuimoloau will almost certainly be playing in the NFL also. However, being freshmen they are not fully developed. Lot of potential for a lot of improvement although the defense's performance thus far has been mostly mediocre.

Last edited:
How do we know that Georgia is ant damn good. Who have they played.? Don’t tell me Arkansas for gods sake.
They got a great deal of hype for beating Clemson in week one. Sound like another team in the top four or five/?
If they are pretenders Auburn will tell us.
Early season victories can lose their luster. No one wants to use PSU's defeat of Wisky anymore as a plus.

Don't mistake brutalizing Rutgers for false confidence when it comes to UGA. They run the ball with 3-4 backs and I've yet to see anything that says you all can stop the run yet.

Honestly, you probably have a much better shot at playing competitive with Bama this year than you do UGA.

Just a thought.
Not agreeing or disagreeing but it really comes down to which teams improve the most up to the conference championship games and playoffs. Right now I'd have both Georgia and Alabama as 10 to 14 point favorites over anyone else in the country including OSU. But come playoff time ? Who knows right now ?

And don't confuse Rutgers with the Rutgers of 4 to 5 years ago. That team gave my "beloved" Wolverines everything it could handle the week before last. Schiano has that program on the upswing and l still think they're going to screw someone's season up before all is said and done. He's pulling in some solid recruits in could be very dangerous in a couple more years

Last edited:
Ohio State will still be significantly favored in every game this year and Vegas is accurate at evaluating teams. On the bright side they don't look 10+ points better than everyone like the last few years so they are at least beatable.

Michigan is favored in every one of their games before osu.

they are favored 52 percent winner over us at home. Wow

Ohio State will still be significantly favored in every game this year and Vegas is accurate at evaluating teams. On the bright side they don't look 10+ points better than everyone like the last few years so they are at least beatable.
OSU - this year - is the classic example of a very good team that's really shaky early in the year and gets better as the season progresses. That defense looked (and still does at times) like crap - at best. If you read many of their sites, their biggest issue on defense are their DEs - both Tyreke Smith and Zach Harrison who have basically been non-existent this year - which is really puzzling considering how they were coming on at the end of last year, especially Harrison. Could be wrong, but I read that they have one sack between them the whole year. Something is going on there that we're not hearing about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT