ADVERTISEMENT

Before we hand Lee 4 Titles, let's look at the "locks" of 2011...

I noticed...in ALL CAPS. Well if Spyker is on board, Lee doesn't stand a chance.

Hey Spyker, won't this make Mr. Lee's presence on your bowling team a little uneasy?
Lol...Awesome but Larry and i don't bowl together....He already knows the difference between Cael and Brands trust me....He is a smart man....He is not the one making the decision i am sure...You guys know there is a lot of things that go on behind the scenes with Coaches in clubs and other places$$$$. I am leaving this alone. Spencer will have to find out on his own....Bet a lot of money he is not near the wrestler at Iowa he would be at PSU though....There are a hand full that get better at Iowa but the majority get worse or passed up by others in big time programs....Not hating at all..I have been following college wrestling for 36 years and under Brands is's simply a fact !!!!

spyker would've been a great supporting punch-line gimmick character on Seinfeld. Every time Jerry or Elaine said something that could be construed as a sexual innuendo: "I am leaving this alone."

Reactions: dunkej01
Most of our junior world medalists from the past 10 years went on to have successful NCAA careers. Many became NCAA champs (Bubba, Q, Oliver, Perry, Stieber, Dieringer, Dean, Snyder). Most of the others were at least multiple-time AAs (Foster, Howe, Bradley, Gilman, Coon). The exceptions have been:

1. The guys who didn't wrestle in college (Cejudo, Pico)
2. The guys who aren't done their college careers (McKenna, Downey)
3. The guy who was a multiple junior world medalist at a weight 15 pounds below the lightest NCAA weight (McCaffrey)

Reactions: dunkej01
Lol...Awesome but Larry and i don't bowl together....He already knows the difference between Cael and Brands trust me....He is a smart man....He is not the one making the decision i am sure...You guys know there is a lot of things that go on behind the scenes with Coaches in clubs and other places$$$$. I am leaving this alone. Spencer will have to find out on his own....Bet a lot of money he is not near the wrestler at Iowa he would be at PSU though....There are a hand full that get better at Iowa but the majority get worse or passed up by others in big time programs....Not hating at all..I have been following college wrestling for 36 years and under Brands is's simply a fact !!!!

You're an interesting lil fella, I'll give you that

Would never want to be an Iowa fan..I am from Pa and we have a program 5 times better in all FACETS !!!! Just ask a few guys inside the Iowa program to tell you the truth and you will see...It's a no brain decision !!!!

Just curious Spyke, what made you capitalize the word "FACETS"? I know you capitalize a lot but what is it about this one single word in your post that deserved larger letters. Again, just curious.

Reactions: ev_flores0331
Just curious Spyke, what made you capitalize the word "FACETS"? I know you capitalize a lot but what is it about this one single word in your post that deserved larger letters. Again, just curious.
Then we want to know about the !!!!

Before we hand Lee 4 Titles, let's look at the "locks" of 2011...

The 2011 FILA Junior World Team:

Josh Kindig

Tanner Hall

Nick Roberts

Jesse Thielke

Mark Grey

Logan Steiber

Dan Miller

Lee Munster

Taylor Massa

That's ONE wrestler out of an entire team in 2011 to win an NCAA Championship.

Which "Lee" are you referring to because we currently have two of them committed to wrestle for our legendary coach and one other who just elected to go elsewhere. I am friggin' done talking about the latter and would personally vote to ban anybody who starts yet another thread about him, if possible.

Which "Lee" are you referring to because we currently have two of them committed to wrestle for our legendary coach and one other who just elected to go elsewhere. I am friggin' done talking about the latter and would personally vote to ban anybody who starts yet another thread about him, if possible.
I agree, but all those ridiculous Marsteller threads mean it's unrealistic.

Everyone just needs to chill and enjoy the 5 in 6.

I'm currently replaying Byers' call of the NCAAs 30 minutes at a time on my way to work. I'm up to Conaway's win over Beckman in the Rd of 12 on Friday night's telecast. Dig the Ron Gilligan Auction swag list as well.

And tonight I'm watching some of the Semis and Medal Rounds again. Nice knowing what happened - makes Tim Johnson's hypothetical scenarios where others (I.e. His beloved Hawkeyes) can climb back into the race more hilarious. Every bonus point just drives the stake further into his heart. Zain just murdered Panteleo for a 3rd time on my TV. Death by stalling!

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Nobody thought Roberts was going to win titles. Also, he transferred to UPJ because he couldn't beat out Zanetta at Pitt, after he couldn't beat out Tomasello.
There's a local forum called Bleachercoaches where I correctly predicted Roberts path. When he signed on with tOSU, I made a post where I felt he would be better suited for DII wrestling. I then went on and predicted that he would one day transfer to UPJ. I caused quite a stir on that board and everyone disagreed. I waited it out, and a few years later bumped the thread. It was crickets.... Lol

There's a local forum called Bleachercoaches where I correctly predicted Roberts path. When he signed on with tOSU, I made a post where I felt he would be better suited for DII wrestling. I then went on and predicted that he would one day transfer to UPJ. I caused quite a stir on that board and everyone disagreed. I waited it out, and a few years later bumped the thread. It was crickets.... Lol
Want an ice cream cone?

Everyone just needs to chill and enjoy the 5 in 6.

I'm currently replaying Byers' call of the NCAAs 30 minutes at a time on my way to work. I'm up to Conaway's win over Beckman in the Rd of 12 on Friday night's telecast. Dig the Ron Gilligan Auction swag list as well.

And tonight I'm watching some of the Semis and Medal Rounds again. Nice knowing what happened - makes Tim Johnson's hypothetical scenarios where others (I.e. His beloved Hawkeyes) can climb back into the race more hilarious. Every bonus point just drives the stake further into his heart. Zain just murdered Panteleo for a 3rd time on my TV. Death by stalling!

A personal favorite is the third period of Megaludis vs Gilman for the championship, where Johnson refers to Nico "backing up" no less than 3 times, and calls for stalling twice, before finally going silent and crestfallen during the final minute when he realizes his beloved Hawk is going to lose.

Better still is Johnson's excited shouting when Zain lets Sorenson out after riding him for a minute, early in the 10-1 massacre, and how Johnson thinks that is such a "key moment" in the match...Zain calmly takes Sorenson down again, and Johnson sulks for the next 4 and a half minutes of the match, while the beating is taking place.

Reactions: amalone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT