ADVERTISEMENT

Because it is my favorite golf week of the year....

PSU0622

Aug 22, 2007
Name the best golf shot you ever hit. Mine would be at my local muni a few years ago. Hooked a rescue wood about 50 yards over a group of pine trees from a fairway bunker from 220 yards to 20 feet. I have tried multiple times to hit the same shot and still have not replicated it.

Played one of the courses in Myrtle Beach years ago - before 2005, and hit an 8 iron on a par 3 149 yards, slight down hill, to within 2 inches of the cup. Closest I have every been to a hole in one.

Reactions: PSU0622
The one and only eagle I've ever made came when I was 19 and playing a cut and I hit a 3-wood with a slight draw from about 240 that bounced on burned-out summer grass and rolled up to 7 feet. Made the putt and that's the only one and it's 20+ years later. 2nd place would be the tap-in putt I had 11 years ago for my first time breaking 80.

Interesting question.....after 50 years of playing, probably 2,000+ rounds in total, have never thought of that question.

Back in the late 1970s sunk a 5-6 foot putt for a 79 at Spyglass. The knees were shaking for about a week.

Mid 1990s got my only hole in one in Palm Desert playing with my best friend using his extra set of clubs. Had predicted a bogey round (90) as it was my first round in three months. Standing on the 18th tee a par 3 155 yds and am exactly on pace, 86 to the teebox. Jokingly said I get my bogey, I get my 90. Hit the front of the green, took a bounce or two, rolled about 10 feet and it rolled in. My best friend said "well, you ****ed that up"!

Best two shots in a round were at Butler National in Oak Brook, IL about 2000. Shot an 86 on my only visit there helped by birdies on two of the par 5s. On the front nine it was about a 75 foot birdie putt, on the back nine it was about a 2" birdie putt.

Golf's a funny game!

Name the best golf shot you ever hit. Mine would be at my local muni a few years ago. Hooked a rescue wood about 50 yards over a group of pine trees from a fairway bunker from 220 yards to 20 feet. I have tried multiple times to hit the same shot and still have not replicated it.

That's the thing about golf - we have all been in situations where we hit a shot and we KNOW FOR SURE that if we threw 50 balls down right there and then, we would never hit another one of the 50 as good as the one we just hit. Then, I go on and skull the next shot ... oh well!

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
at Blueberry Hill in Russell PA when I was 13.
Hit a 2 wood to 10 inches on a 200 or so yard par 3.
my best shot ever.

Holed out for eagle on #18 (while one down) to send match play match extra holes. Opponent had hit it 12' for eagle but seemed a little frazzled after that, and missed it. Won on #4.

Holed a shot from the sand trap that went over a mound of sea grass landed about 20 feet from the pin and proceeded to make a right turn on the green rolling into the heart of the cup for a birdie. Mays Landing Country Club

Rolled in a 20 foot putt through the windmill house just as the windmill blade was spinning down for a birdie. Just missed the blade by that much (holding thumb and pointer finger a millimeter apart).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT