ADVERTISEMENT

Beau Bartlett Interview

I don't wanna bash on anybody putting that effort in, but if you don't know that Wyoming Seminary is in PA, I'm struggling to listen to much more of your wrestling podcast.

Beau had some great tidbits and insights.

I don't wanna bash on anybody putting that effort in, but if you don't know that Wyoming Seminary is in PA, I'm struggling to listen to much more of your wrestling podcast.

Beau had some great tidbits and insights.
Yeah the whole “you’re like, the first person to AA after zero state titles” thing was a bit off-putting. Pretty sure national prep champs do that on the regular….

We all have them in our lives. Special people that light up a room, ignite smiles and laughter, and generally make us feel good anytime they’re near. Positive, upbeat, grateful souls that make us want to be the same. Beau is that to his circle of friends and family. Hell, even to us fans watching from the wings. Such calm acceptance (Yanni would still be in therapy; Mrs Lee’s optometrist working overtime) of the crushing scoring reversal at the Open. “Say what? Ah, no worries. Just the rules. Happy for my bud Nick, a great guy. Can’t wait to see him at worlds.”
I’ll likely rack that video whenever I need the self-coined “smiley guy” (but tough as nails) to brighten MY day. Heck, the first minute is enough. Wishing the best for this admirable young man and can’t wait to watch him chase his goals. Note to Beau’s girlfriend: Do NOT let this spark-of-life get away.

Both Moore brothers. The number of kids that were AA in college without a state title in HS would number in the hundreds if you go back far enough.
??? Ty didn’t win 4?

And Teague got one too I thought.

Won’t it just encapsulate everything about the comparison between PSU and Iowa if Bartlett overcomes Woods, especially if Woods is dragging ass/injured by NCAAs.
Building on Van Ness placing third and Murin fifth at NCAAs this past year after Murin had beaten SVN three times during the season.

Last two matches, Shayne beat 4-seed Henson 5-3 and 3-seed Parco 7-2.

Last two matches, Max lost to 3-seed Parco 4-3 and 4-seed Henson 12-3.

Won’t it just encapsulate everything about the comparison between PSU and Iowa if Bartlett overcomes Woods, especially if Woods is dragging ass/injured by NCAAs.

I'm trying to think if it has ever happened the other way around.

Hawkeye fans frequently claimed that their guys were closing the gap (Evans, Sorensen, Brooks, Nick Moore, etc.), but I don't recall it ever coming to pass.

I'm trying to think if it has ever happened the other way around.

Hawkeye fans frequently claimed that their guys were closing the gap (Evans, Sorensen, Brooks, Nick Moore, etc.), but I don't recall it ever coming to pass.
Sammy Brooks went from getting pinned by Bo Nickal in 38 seconds in their first match to getting pinned by Bo Nickal in 62 seconds in their second match.

All that improvement in less than 2 months...

I loved when he said that the light came on before his 5th place match at U23. He realized what he needed to do in order to get to a leg. That he has a bunch of ways to do it and he can pick whichever way he wants to. He said he went outside afterwards and was celebrating and yelling he was so excited. Not for 5th, but for being happy about the light coming on. I expect great things for him next season.

I loved when he said that the light came on before his 5th place match at U23. He realized what he needed to do in order to get to a leg. That he has a bunch of ways to do it and he can pick whichever way he wants to. He said he went outside afterwards and was celebrating and yelling he was so excited. Not for 5th, but for being happy about the light coming on. I expect great things for him next season.
I think he is one of the most engaging personalities on the team. He and SVN are going to light it up this year.

Reactions: hlstone and mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT