ADVERTISEMENT

Beamon

Psugo823

Aug 17, 2021
Is there any chance he gets some playing time vs Nova this week? He has been out of action so far, so just wondering of James had any news on his status? Of course we will know more this Saturday but just seeing how everyone feels about his possible return to action?

he must be so far in the doghouse that it might be next year before he sees the field.

Has Wormly played yet?

he must be so far in the doghouse that it might be next year before he sees the field.

Has Wormly played yet?
Really? Has there ever been a case of a year long dog house? Hard to quantify I would imagine, since the doghouse isn't ever really acknowledged, kinda like a code red.

Reactions: ouirpsu

Has Wormly played yet?
Looks like he finally got out. Named one of the D squad players of the week last week. Guessing he will at least suit up this week and possibly see some p.t.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Beamon is an odd one. At an early presser Franklin was asked about his only weighing 256 and whether he was going to be playing end. Franklin kind of chuckled and then seemed upset about the loss of weight. I could be wrong but it seemed so.

Beamon is an odd one. At an early presser Franklin was asked about his only weighing 256 and whether he was going to be playing end. Franklin kind of chuckled and then seemed upset about the loss of weight. I could be wrong but it seemed so.

I’ve been in the doghouse for not being big enough, but I’ve never heard of it with a football player.

I’ve been in the doghouse for not being big enough, but I’ve never heard of it with a football player.
I don't think we are talking about the same type of size issue, but 256 millimeteers equals a little over 10 inchesm.

Is this a health issue of some kind?

Looks like he finally got out. Named one of the D squad players of the week last week. Guessing he will at least suit up this week and possibly see some p.t.
I noticed that too, but what is the D squad? Based on the players named I got the impression it was the scout team or something.

Its the "developmental" team I believe, hence D squad. Hard to believe Beamon has not found himself in this grouping of young and underdeveloped players

Yeah, the weight loss makes you wonder. Unless Pry wanted him at DE, it doesn’t make sense.
This is not to disparage any religion, but is he a practicing Muslim? I recall one of our previous players who was a practicing Muslim having an issue with weight gain/retention because of the fasting requirements. That could be holding him back in his development. But if he can't gain weight, why not play him @ DE? It is a mystery.

This is not to disparage any religion, but is he a practicing Muslim? I recall one of our previous players who was a practicing Muslim having an issue with weight gain/retention because of the fasting requirements. That could be holding him back in his development. But if he can't gain weight, why not play him @ DE? It is a mystery.
I don't know his religious affiliations but we've had a few players that did that and isn't their fasting done over Ramadan?

I don't know his religious affiliations but we've had a few players that did that and isn't their fasting done over Ramadan?

I believe it might also be done during weekend days @ times other than Ramadan.

This year, Ramadan took place from mid-April to mid-May, so it's been over for a while. Further, there are no obligatory fasts in Islam.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and BBrown
This year, Ramadan took place from mid-April to mid-May, so it's been over for a while. Further, there are no obligatory fasts in Islam.
Thanks for the clarification Art. Hopefully we see him on the field soon because he can be a major contributor.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Saw him standing on the sidelines wearing his jersey so he is with the team.

Bad summer grades? Just guessing but that's always possible.

For a comparison, I believe both Ellis and Lovett were on the D squad before dressing last week....I think Beamon will see the field in some manner against Villanova.

Reactions: BBrown
My bigger concern is the DL against the run. Sure I would like to see more pressure, but UM MSU Iowa and now even tOSU are going much more run heavy.

Reactions: RickinDayton
My bigger concern is the DL against the run. Sure I would like to see more pressure, but UM MSU Iowa and now even tOSU are going much more run heavy.
Bigsby rushed for 4.4ypc against PSU (with an OL that mostly returned from last year)

For comparison, in his freshman year last year Bigsby's YPC stats were:

vs UK: 2.5
vs UGA: 3.9
vs ARK: 7.3
vs SC: 6.9
vs MISS: 5.4
vs LSU: 4.7
vs TENN: 8.0
vs ALA: 3.5
vs A&M: 8.4
vs MSU: 7.4

While I would like to see PSU do better in stopping the run, only Alabama, UGA, and UK did better against him last year on a YPC basis. Auburn has a really physical running game dating back to last season, and I was impressed how well PSU matched the physicality.

Improvements can be made, but I am feeling pretty freaking good about this PSU defense right now through 3 games. I don't see most of the other teams on PSU's schedule matching the physicality of Auburn in the running game (including OSU). Michigan poses a worry for me in this regard. I don't think Iowa can bring the physicality the way Auburn could.

Bigsby rushed for 4.4ypc against PSU (with an OL that mostly returned from last year)

For comparison, in his freshman year last year Bigsby's YPC stats were:

vs UK: 2.5
vs UGA: 3.9
vs ARK: 7.3
vs SC: 6.9
vs MISS: 5.4
vs LSU: 4.7
vs TENN: 8.0
vs ALA: 3.5
vs A&M: 8.4
vs MSU: 7.4

While I would like to see PSU do better in stopping the run, only Alabama, UGA, and UK did better against him last year on a YPC basis. Auburn has a really physical running game dating back to last season, and I was impressed how well PSU matched the physicality.

Improvements can be made, but I am feeling pretty freaking good about this PSU defense right now through 3 games. I don't see most of the other teams on PSU's schedule matching the physicality of Auburn in the running game (including OSU). Michigan poses a worry for me in this regard. I don't think Iowa can bring the physicality the way Auburn could.
Well i don't want to be a downer but if Auburn runs of 4th and 1 it may be a different game. Also Wisky ran well against us and if they don't self destruct that may be different. I am really excited about the team but with our secondary as good as it is I am much more concerned with run D than QB pressure.
Do you have any stats on how we are against 3rd and 2-3? It doesn't seem we stop them very often.

That was Shaka Toney, and I believe we have an incoming DE who practices the same.

Damn. Street clothes again. 4 games missed. What the hell did he do?
a few weeks ago, on Phil's radio show there was some discussion about him not being able to practice and maybe being in a boot.

the loss of Beamon and Isaac takes two of our better pass rushers out of the picture.

a few weeks ago, on Phil's radio show there was some discussion about him not being able to practice and maybe being in a boot.

the loss of Beamon and Isaac takes two of our better pass rushers out of the picture.
But he is participating in practice as part of the "D" squad. No idea what is going on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT