ADVERTISEMENT

Barron makes a funny

canuckhal

May 5, 2014
I'm not a fan of pennlive, but linked because of the Barron video where he states review of Freeh Report not a priority. Can't have it both ways. Text below if you don't want to hit the link. How long will it take lattydaddy to post "give him a chance." http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/05/while_alumni_paterno_estate_ba.html

Barron offered no timeline for the completion of his review, and he gave every indication that it is not at the top of his personal priority list.

"There's no decision coming before the board or the university that has anything to do with the report. With all the other things going on, I'm just not in a hurry," Barron said.

Asked if that meant the presidential review has been back-burnered, Barron didn't use those words. But he didn't exactly reject the premise, either.

"There's no decision that's coming forth that I can see that says I should rush this when we're trying to launch economic development for the state, when we're working on all of these access and affordability things and we have many other things that are going on that we're working on," Barron said at one point.

"I think I wouldn't be doing my duty if I sat and went through million of bits of information (from the Freeh team) and that was my highest priority when no decision is being made there, but decisions are being made every day on all these other very important topics that are directly related to our mission.

"You know, our mission is those students. It's teaching. It's research. It's service.... That's our mission. (A Freeh review) has nothing to do with our mission."

I'm not a fan of pennlive, but linked because of the Barron video where he states review of Freeh Report not a priority. Can't have it both ways. Text below if you don't want to hit the link. How long will it take lattydaddy to post "give him a chance." http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/05/while_alumni_paterno_estate_ba.html

Barron offered no timeline for the completion of his review, and he gave every indication that it is not at the top of his personal priority list.

"There's no decision coming before the board or the university that has anything to do with the report. With all the other things going on, I'm just not in a hurry," Barron said.

Asked if that meant the presidential review has been back-burnered, Barron didn't use those words. But he didn't exactly reject the premise, either.

"There's no decision that's coming forth that I can see that says I should rush this when we're trying to launch economic development for the state, when we're working on all of these access and affordability things and we have many other things that are going on that we're working on," Barron said at one point.

"I think I wouldn't be doing my duty if I sat and went through million of bits of information (from the Freeh team) and that was my highest priority when no decision is being made there, but decisions are being made every day on all these other very important topics that are directly related to our mission.

"You know, our mission is those students. It's teaching. It's research. It's service.... That's our mission. (A Freeh review) has nothing to do with our mission."

All Barron did was lie to get the Alumni off his back. He had, and has no intention of reviewing Freeh's garbage.

Just keep signing blank checks and taking orders from your masters, Barron. He's nothing but a marionette. He put up his hands and said "eff this, I'll just do what I'm told" long before that photo was taken.

Reactions: mbahses
Barron's a jackass. Continue to alienate your Alumni. Your next fundraising campaign is going to be a disappointment.

And let's not forget that the Freeh Report is far & away the primary issue of contention between 81% of the alumni and the board & top administrators.

But again, this is clearly not a pressing matter. In the meantime we'll just keep spending millions on PR firms to coin disparaging terms like "vocal minority" to make it appear as though this issue isn't really an issue.

Last edited:
And let's not forget that the Freeh Report is far & away the primary issue of contention between 81% of the alumni and the board & top administrators.

But again, this is clearly not a pressing matter. In the meantime we'll just keep spending millions on PR firms to coin disparaging terms like "vocal minority" to make it appear as thought this issue isn't really an issue.

Barron surrounds himself with 10% of the BoT bootlickers who tell him what he wants to hear. There's nothing funny about Barron, he's an embarrassment.

My post from back in November:

"Just a few notes on Barron’s “review”:

For those who want to be “hopeful” regarding the so-called review….fine.
Anyone who “expects” something positive out of this…..time to check your naiveté tank, because it is probably overflowing.

OK – so just a little prediction.
Eric and the scoundrels will use the veil of the ongoing review by Eric Barron as a premise to stifle further actions by the elected trustees to actually evaluate the Freeh nonsense. It is just another desperate act by these pirates to fight off the logical and undeniably righteous efforts of the elected trustees. In fact, that is the ONLY reason that Barron announced this step. The ONLY reason!
For the next 6 months (or whatever it takes) every attempt to open dialogue on the issue will be shut down with the defense that “Eric is doing that right now”. Then – someday – maybe - Eric will come down from the mountain and say “nothing to see here”. Just another service provided by a money whore to his pimps. (sorry for the coarse language, but it is what it is….and my vocabulary contains no more apt description)
Maybe my prediction is all wrong. We shall see. But don’t bet against it.

Why would anyone trust Barron to complete a thorough, impartial, intelligent review? Let’s look at Barron’s track record:
1 – He was hired by the scoundrels who we all know are the genesis of the problem. The same scoundrels who’s first choice for the position was the grifter from New York.
Is it possible that these scoundrels made an incredible miscalculation and actually hired a man of integrity? I suppose anything is possible, but to expect them to make such a colossal miscalculation is overly optimistic.
Since his hire, some of Barron’s most illustrative actions have been:
2 - His “Civility Memorandum” – clearly aimed at squelching the voices of those opposed to the most uncivil cabal of scumbags ever assembled on a university board.
3 - His decision to walk out of the recent BOT public comment session…..so that he could have personal hallway chit-chats with benefactors and administrators of the medical center……and have a private tete-a-tete with con man Mark Dambly.
4 - While not a public act – I have the personal experience with Barron, where he clearly showed he was not interested in promoting open discussion…..along with his very telling comment that he felt his responsibility was to “protect the University [nothing wrong with that]….and those folks who give so much to the University”. Nothing wrong with supporting the University – that is obvious. But, there is something VERY wrong with the second part of his comment, especially when the two goals are in conflict. Does donating to the University “buy” the protection of the President? Why would someone – simply because they donate to the University - need or expect “protection”? Well…I think we know why. Sorry Eric, your slip is showing.
5 - We also have, according to other posters, a history of Barron lamenting the fact that he is frustrated by those pesky alumni who – in his opinion - “won’t move on”.
Another money whore who’s services are procured to provide “impartial”, “expert” support to validate the actions of the atrocious scoundrels. Not unlike…..who was that other guy?…….some former FBI guy…….oh wait, now I remember – Louis Freeh was his name.

Eric…you just don’t get it. We don’t trust you any more than Louis Freeh – and we have good reason to feel that way.

Maybe my prediction is all wrong. We shall see. But don’t bet against it."

I think that time has shown these predictions to be NOT wrong. Barron is who we thought......check that, KNEW....he was.

He is worse than Rodney. The Pirates had just a matter of days to find Rodney, and a very limited pool of spineless, money-whore, shills to choose from. Any port in a storm..and all that. He served the necessary purpose - but even the Pirates knew they could do better. But this guy? The Bloviator? They had over a year to procure the services of this scoundrel - and they found themselves a real "winner".

Reactions: Nittany Ziggy
My post from back in November:

"Just a few notes on Barron’s “review”:

For those who want to be “hopeful” regarding the so-called review….fine.
Anyone who “expects” something positive out of this…..time to check your naiveté tank, because it is probably overflowing.

OK – so just a little prediction.
Eric and the scoundrels will use the veil of the ongoing review by Eric Barron as a premise to stifle further actions by the elected trustees to actually evaluate the Freeh nonsense. It is just another desperate act by these pirates to fight off the logical and undeniably righteous efforts of the elected trustees. In fact, that is the ONLY reason that Barron announced this step. The ONLY reason!
For the next 6 months (or whatever it takes) every attempt to open dialogue on the issue will be shut down with the defense that “Eric is doing that right now”. Then – someday – maybe - Eric will come down from the mountain and say “nothing to see here”. Just another service provided by a money whore to his pimps. (sorry for the coarse language, but it is what it is….and my vocabulary contains no more apt description)
Maybe my prediction is all wrong. We shall see. But don’t bet against it.

Why would anyone trust Barron to complete a thorough, impartial, intelligent review? Let’s look at Barron’s track record:
1 – He was hired by the scoundrels who we all know are the genesis of the problem. The same scoundrels who’s first choice for the position was the grifter from New York.
Is it possible that these scoundrels made an incredible miscalculation and actually hired a man of integrity? I suppose anything is possible, but to expect them to make such a colossal miscalculation is overly optimistic.
Since his hire, some of Barron’s most illustrative actions have been:
2 - His “Civility Memorandum” – clearly aimed at squelching the voices of those opposed to the most uncivil cabal of scumbags ever assembled on a university board.
3 - His decision to walk out of the recent BOT public comment session…..so that he could have personal hallway chit-chats with benefactors and administrators of the medical center……and have a private tete-a-tete with con man Mark Dambly.
4 - While not a public act – I have the personal experience with Barron, where he clearly showed he was not interested in promoting open discussion…..along with his very telling comment that he felt his responsibility was to “protect the University [nothing wrong with that]….and those folks who give so much to the University”. Nothing wrong with supporting the University – that is obvious. But, there is something VERY wrong with the second part of his comment, especially when the two goals are in conflict. Does donating to the University “buy” the protection of the President? Why would someone – simply because they donate to the University - need or expect “protection”? Well…I think we know why. Sorry Eric, your slip is showing.
5 - We also have, according to other posters, a history of Barron lamenting the fact that he is frustrated by those pesky alumni who – in his opinion - “won’t move on”.
Another money whore who’s services are procured to provide “impartial”, “expert” support to validate the actions of the atrocious scoundrels. Not unlike…..who was that other guy?…….some former FBI guy…….oh wait, now I remember – Louis Freeh was his name.

Eric…you just don’t get it. We don’t trust you any more than Louis Freeh – and we have good reason to feel that way.

Maybe my prediction is all wrong. We shall see. But don’t bet against it."

I think that time has shown these predictions to be NOT wrong. Barron is who we thought......check that, KNEW....he was.

He is worse than Rodney. The Pirates had just a matter of days to find Rodney, and a very limited pool of spineless, money-whore, shills to choose from. Any port in a storm..and all that. He served the necessary purpose - but even the Pirates knew they could do better. But this guy? The Bloviator? They had over a year to procure the services of this scoundrel - and they found themselves a real "winner".

At least the grifter had guts. It takes guts to be a crook. Barron has none. Nor any leadership ability.

How much time does barron spend teaching, conducting research, or providing service (other than servicing the bot)? What a clown. Anyone with a smidge of a brain can see that he is posturing by dropping the familiar Penn State mission of teaching, research, and public service. That's an empty statement coming from him because there are legions of Penn State at the front lines in each of those areas. He doesn't do any of that.

Regarding lattydaddy, he is ready to run Chambers out of town, but barron deserves a chance, as though he has done nothing to warrant criticism. Seriously? I have been critical of Chambers, but he is worse than barron? Please.

Beyond its basis for mediation with the 'victims', I think that may change as the Paterno suit proceeds to and beyond depositions, and the C/S/S trials proceed to a court date.

The accuracy and use of the Freeh report will be reviewed, but as has been the norm, the PSU BOT and leadership will be lagging in their reaction.

Beyond its basis for mediation with the 'victims', I think that may change as the Paterno suit proceeds to and beyond depositions, and the C/S/S trials proceed to a court date.

The accuracy and use of the Freeh report will be reviewed, but as has been the norm, the PSU BOT and leadership will be lagging in their reaction.

It's all about avoiding discovery.

Barron is a funny.
graphics-jester-134900.gif

How much time does barron spend teaching, conducting research, or providing service (other than servicing the bot)? What a clown. Anyone with a smidge of a brain can see that he is posturing by dropping the familiar Penn State mission of teaching, research, and public service. That's an empty statement coming from him because there are legions of Penn State at the front lines in each of those areas. He doesn't do any of that.

Regarding lattydaddy, he is ready to run Chambers out of town, but barron deserves a chance, as though he has done nothing to warrant criticism. Seriously? I have been critical of Chambers, but he is worse than barron? Please.

Latty has stated his Barron comments are a joke meant to draw attention to the absurdity of Barron and his supporters.

guys, give him a break. going to all those no justice no peace rallies takes a lot of time, meaning less time for frivolous activities such as reviewing some irrelevant report

guys, give him a break. going to all those no justice no peace rallies takes a lot of time, meaning less time for frivolous activities such as reviewing some irrelevant report

This was posted elsewhere - not by me - but is great evidence of Barron's "before and after" comments:

Barron's words in November of 2014: "I do not want people to believe that Penn State is hiding something. I feel strongly about this. For this important reason, and since I was not here during its completion, I will conduct my own review. There is considerable documentation to analyze, but I assured the Board I would move with all deliberate speed.”

Now, in his "interview" with PennLive: “With all the other things going on, I'm just not in a hurry."

I take that to mean then that you no longer care that people believe Penn State is hiding something or is it that you have now joined in the cover up?

This was posted elsewhere - not by me - but is great evidence of Barron's "before and after" comments:

Barron's words in November of 2014: "I do not want people to believe that Penn State is hiding something. I feel strongly about this. For this important reason, and since I was not here during its completion, I will conduct my own review. There is considerable documentation to analyze, but I assured the Board I would move with all deliberate speed.”

Now, in his "interview" with PennLive: “With all the other things going on, I'm just not in a hurry."

I take that to mean then that you no longer care that people believe Penn State is hiding something or is it that you have now joined in the cover up?
dude, come on. those quotes are taken WAY out of context.

Like I said, he lied to us to get us off his back.

I don't see how anyone at penn state can sit there with a straight face and say the freeh report has limited effect on the university

Well....at least the Bloviator's face isn't normally "straight".

It seems to be a permanently crooked, upside-down smirk:

th
th
th

It's all about avoiding discovery.
"It's all about avoiding discovery."

Barron needs to update his quote to state no pressing issues relevant to the interests of the power group.
Thankfully, they don't manage discovery, although they may try to affect it.

I'm looking forward to telling the university that my "priorities" are elsewhere the next time I get one of their estate planning letters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT