ADVERTISEMENT

Barkley

I believe he could play next week. My guess is Coach Franklin may want to rest him next week to be certain that he is 100 percent.

Reactions: Ski
I believe he could play next week. My guess is Coach Franklin may want to rest him next week to be certain that he is 100 percent.

the only real information we have is what our eyes saw. he remained in uniform and was STANDING around the sideline. That is certainly not the protocol for a serious sprain. in fact that would be doing further damage to the ankle. IF this was say a L3 sprain, then he should have been sitting with foot wrapped in ice and elevated. I cannot imagine that this is beyond a mild sprain given the way the trainers failed to treat it.

that being said, he could do more damage to this if it is not handled properly - so cannot imagine he will play over the next two weeks. bet we see him for Indy or NW.

Reactions: Ski and 94LionsFan
the only real information we have is what our eyes saw. he remained in uniform and was STANDING around the sideline. That is certainly not the protocol for a serious sprain. in fact that would be doing further damage to the ankle. IF this was say a L3 sprain, then he should have been sitting with foot wrapped in ice and elevated. I cannot imagine that this is beyond a mild sprain given the way the trainers failed to treat it.

that being said, he could do more damage to this if it is not handled properly - so cannot imagine he will play over the next two weeks. bet we see him for Indy or NW.
Well MY eyes saw a replay that looked like his ankle was seriously twisted backwards that would imply more than a minor sprain. I'm sure being young and in great shape that he might be able to bounce back better than most, but it looked pretty serious to me. But then again, I am not a doctor!

his ankle was seriously twisted backwards

You can't judge an injury by the way it looks on TV. There are plenty of times where seemingly nothing happens, but the player is severely injured. Likewise, there are times where you think its bad and it's just a minor issue. Some players have more range of motion than others.

Reactions: mn78psu83

Stay away from my daughter!

Well MY eyes saw a replay that looked like his ankle was seriously twisted backwards that would imply more than a minor sprain. I'm sure being young and in great shape that he might be able to bounce back better than most, but it looked pretty serious to me. But then again, I am not a doctor!
Stay away from my daughter!

He was on the sideline for the entire second half in uniform. He was on the bike for a while in the second half.

Reactions: bjf1984
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT