ADVERTISEMENT

Bald Eagle shot to death in PA

At least a year
Fair enough. Laws are written the way they are for many reasons though. While many will agree with many others wouldn't. He'll pay the fine with likely no more than 30 days in jail with a decent attorney. With a great attorney no jail time.

Don’t know why 5000$. I would think it should be more
YEP'ER INDIAN.........

"The Act provides criminal penalties for persons who "take, possess, sell, purchase, barter, offer to sell, purchase or barter, transport, export or import, at any time or any manner, any bald eagle ... [or any golden eagle], alive or dead, or any part (including feathers), nest, or egg thereof."

"The Act defines "take" as "pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb."

"A violation of the Act can result in a fine of $100,000 ($200,000 for organizations), imprisonment for one year, or both, for a first offense. Penalties increase substantially for additional offenses, and a second violation of this Act is a felony."

YEP'ER INDIAN.........

"The Act provides criminal penalties for persons who "take, possess, sell, purchase, barter, offer to sell, purchase or barter, transport, export or import, at any time or any manner, any bald eagle ... [or any golden eagle], alive or dead, or any part (including feathers), nest, or egg thereof."

"The Act defines "take" as "pursue, shoot, shoot at, poison, wound, kill, capture, trap, collect, molest or disturb."

"A violation of the Act can result in a fine of $100,000 ($200,000 for organizations), imprisonment for one year, or both, for a first offense. Penalties increase substantially for additional offenses, and a second violation of this Act is a felony."
Just say you recently entered the USA across the southern border, you don't speak the language, and you don't know the law....you'll be fine! 😉

Just say you recently entered the USA across the southern border, you don't speak the language, and you don't know the law....you'll be fine! 😉
Saw a report recently where illegal immigrants killed a bald Eagle and received no punishment

Cool Eagle story .... I'm guessing it was the 90's and my friend was the manager of the trout hatchery along Spring Creek. There was a Raptor conference at Penn State and one day two buses show up at the hatchery from the conference and just as they unload an Osprey comes flying over holding a trout and an Eagle flies into him and knocks the trout out. Everyone is in awe and this is just an unreal coincidence. The Eagle proceeds to not find the knocked down fish but the Osprey returns and does, to cheers. Someone asks my friend if this happens often and he calmly replies " no, that took a couple calls". I'll never forget that story

Reactions: therod
So you believe that this individua, if convicted, should be allowed to continue to legally hunt?
It is common for a hunter convicted of an illegal kill to lose his license for 2 or 3 years, but it takes multiple violations over a period of time for a lifetime ban.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT