ADVERTISEMENT

baker mayfield to the Carolina Panthers

The Browns being the Browns.
They've lost a TON of fans and season ticket holders over this. Not so much Mayfield, but people don't want to root for Watson and all of his baggage. From an on-the-field perspective, Mayfield had a great 2020 but dislocated his non-throwing shoulder in the first game of the season in 2021. He had a bad season trying to play through the injury. So much for playing injured.

I don't know if Mayfield is a super bowl QB but the Browns played this really poorly. Having said that, word on the street is that there is zero evidence he did anything wrong with the massage girls. Against him is the number of massages he got with so many different gals. Red flag. What is for him is that it appears the gals attorney simply walked up and down the block asking women to participate and they'll get a free payday. Also going for them is that the NFL did almost nothing to Bob Kraft when he got caught "red handed" getting a happy ending. So how can they suspend Watson while doing nothing to Kraft (or the other owners like Snyder or Jerry Jones). NFLPA is working hard to get the NFL to allow Watson to play since he was, ostensibly, suspended all of last year. A one-year suspension is much more than Kraft got.

Reactions: republion
Also, just learned, Mayfield will probably start for the Panthers against the browns on September 11th in Carolina!

Reactions: Sullivan
They've lost a TON of fans and season ticket holders over this. Not so much Mayfield, but people don't want to root for Watson and all of his baggage. From an on-the-field perspective, Mayfield had a great 2020 but dislocated his non-throwing shoulder in the first game of the season in 2021. He had a bad season trying to play through the injury. So much for playing injured.

I don't know if Mayfield is a super bowl QB but the Browns played this really poorly. Having said that, word on the street is that there is zero evidence he did anything wrong with the massage girls. Against him is the number of massages he got with so many different gals. Red flag. What is for him is that it appears the gals attorney simply walked up and down the block asking women to participate and they'll get a free payday. Also going for them is that the NFL did almost nothing to Bob Kraft when he got caught "red handed" getting a happy ending. So how can they suspend Watson while doing nothing to Kraft (or the other owners like Snyder or Jerry Jones). NFLPA is working hard to get the NFL to allow Watson to play since he was, ostensibly, suspended all of last year. A one-year suspension is much more than Kraft got.
What exactly did Jones do to warrant a suspension? I do know that Elliot was suspended 6 games despite the fact that the only investigator who interviewed Elliot and the “victim”, herself a woman, recommended no suspension because she felt the woman was not credible. Based on that, criminal culpability is irrelevant to
the NFL imposing discipline. Anything less than a year’s suspension for Watson would be an absolute joke.

What exactly did Jones do to warrant a suspension? I do know that Elliot was suspended 6 games despite the fact that the only investigator who interviewed Elliot and the “victim”, herself a woman, recommended no suspension because she felt the woman was not credible. Based on that, criminal culpability is irrelevant to
the NFL imposing discipline. Anything less than a year’s suspension for Watson would be an absolute joke.
He already sat out a year.

I would have held on to Mayfield until Watson situation was resolved. Make him play to earn his money. Although it would have been an uncomfortable situation, if he played well, he could start somewhere else next year. If he played poorly, he had virtually no options. So, there was a practical reason for Mayfield to play for the Browns and eat his pride.

I would have held on to Mayfield until Watson situation was resolved. Make him play to earn his money. Although it would have been an uncomfortable situation, if he played well, he could start somewhere else next year. If he played poorly, he had virtually no options. So, there was a practical reason for Mayfield to play for the Browns and eat his pride.
I would have kept Mayfield too as an insurance policy but disagree that he should eat his pride It’s the Browns who wanted to get rid of him with comments they knew would become public about wanting an adult in charge (I guess they were referring to Watson huh?). As I recall the Browns won their first playoff game in God knows when with Baker at QB. He also played with 3 injuries last year.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I would’ve kept Mayfield too but not as an insurance policy. I would’ve kept them through camp just to see if anybody starting quarterbacks got in yard. Probably could’ve gotten a little bit higher draft pick at that point

Reactions: bytir
I would’ve kept Mayfield too but not as an insurance policy. I would’ve kept them through camp just to see if anybody starting quarterbacks got in yard. Probably could’ve gotten a little bit higher draft pick at that point
It didn't end well so his presence on the team is not possible. The team told him that they loved him a few days before the news broke that they were after Watson. His post-season interviews were like "you are the man, we love you". He leaned of the Watson interest in the paper. The team said that Watson is a top 3 QB and they couldn't resist other than to trade up, like they would do in any other position. The problem is, when you pay $250m for a player he is gonna play. Mayfield was lied to by the team then stabbed in the back. The team started to float stories that players hated him and such. None of the coaches, after telling him they loved him, tried to defend him.

I don't know the truth but love him or hate him, his time was over here in CLE.

I'm 100% sure they'll still sellout every game.
Comparing a player to an owner doesn't make any sense. One is a paid employee the other is not. And Watson sitting out last year was by choice not suspension.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT