ADVERTISEMENT

Bad News for Pitt

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
James Connor out for the year..

Love watching that kid run, he runs hard, He will def be playing on Sundays. We probably will also see him next season now.

Reactions: kevin310
Really a shame. Its always good to see a less heralded recruit outperform. Maybe not the most physically gifted runner, but all effort and heart.

His loss is definitely going to hurt. But we have a top 25 Oline and a few good backs behind him. You can't replace him, but we might be able to minimize his loss.

As for him entering the draft or staying, I personally think the smart thing to do would be to go to the NFL. And I think that's what he'll do, as long as his knee checks out with scouts at the combine and his pro day. The shelf life for RBs nowadays is very low, so risking injury might not be smart on his part. Hell, I hope he stays, we could use him against you guys next year, that's for sure. But all signs point to him leaving.

Terrible--hope he recovers--loved watching his toughness. Kid is just a stud rb imo

His loss is definitely going to hurt. But we have a top 25 Oline and a few good backs behind him. You can't replace him, but we might be able to minimize his loss.

As for him entering the draft or staying, I personally think the smart thing to do would be to go to the NFL. And I think that's what he'll do, as long as his knee checks out with scouts at the combine and his pro day. The shelf life for RBs nowadays is very low, so risking injury might not be smart on his part. Hell, I hope he stays, we could use him against you guys next year, that's for sure. But all signs point to him leaving.

Hate to see a quality player/person like Connor go down. Wish him the best with a full recovery.

That's a real shame for Conner, who has really been a quality kid off the field on top of what he's done as a back.

It's a shame too, I think, that a player who appeared physically ready to play in the NFL at his year wasn't afforded that opportunity and has now lost a year of their career. I think (and, for our sake, I hope) he's in the NFL next year, but IMO he was good enough to play in the NFL now.

No gloating here. The kid is all class, and deserves all the credit he gets. Let's hope this is just a small setback that he can overcome, and continue to take care of business.

Reactions: JSSTartan
Real classy stuff from you guys! WVU fans were rubbing it in earlier. Night and day!

James Connor out for the year..

Love watching that kid run, he runs hard, He will def be playing on Sundays. We probably will also see him next season now.
Agreed, Conor is a stud, tough break to the kid. Hope his recovery goes great and he's ready for next season.

I thought the bad news was going to be that they hired john Donovan.

Seriously though, that's a shame. Hope his recovery goes well.

And he's an Erie boy, so you really gotta love him. Hopefully he recovers fully and has a monster NFL career.

Reactions: john4psu
Great kid! Excellent RB! Wish him the best and even if he goes to the NFL, I'm sure he is smart enough to earn his degree from Pitt. Hope for a speedy recovery!

I hate Pitt. But, not as much as I hate injuries, especially to key players. It just takes the life right outta the team and the fans. Same goes for Nyeem. Terrible losses at key positions for both teams. Just sucks. Not sure who replaces Conner, but I know Nyeem is going to be a huge loss for us. QB of our defense.

Why should anyone here rip Conner or really any Pitt player. They had the right to go to Pitt and all I hear is Conner is a total class act.
At the end of the day these are college kids and in many instances outstanding people, which is the most important thing. From what I know of him, Conner is a great young man and has a bright future ahead of him. If nothing else, at least it happened in the first game so he has 12 months to recover until his next game.

At the end of the day these are college kids and in many instances outstanding people, which is the most important thing. From what I know of him, Conner is a great young man and has a bright future ahead of him. If nothing else, at least it happened in the first game so he has 12 months to recover until his next game.
Thanks for the kind words.

Big up's to those expressing kind thoughts for the disappointment felt by a young ballplayer who losses a year to injury. Regardless of school we can all agree that injuries should never be encouraged, celebrated or wished for....Thanks for all your positive thoughts regarding a very good football player & better young man.

Hail to PITT !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT