ADVERTISEMENT

Attorneys for Beta Theta Pi and Abbey spar over monetary "gift"

mn78psu83

Nov 10, 2011
LINK: No record of the "gift"/contribution was preserved?

Judge Katie Oliver pressed Bernlohr on how much money had been given and he said no such records existed, that no invoices or documentation regarding money from Abbey had been kept or provided, despite announcements publicized on both the Beta Theta Pi and Penn State websites. In 2006, Penn State said he gave $3.5 million. Abbey’s claim puts the number at $8.5 million, a total his attorney, Matt Haverstick, said came from Alpha Upsilon figures and was probably higher.

LINK: No record of the "gift"/contribution was preserved?

Judge Katie Oliver pressed Bernlohr on how much money had been given and he said no such records existed, that no invoices or documentation regarding money from Abbey had been kept or provided, despite announcements publicized on both the Beta Theta Pi and Penn State websites. In 2006, Penn State said he gave $3.5 million. Abbey’s claim puts the number at $8.5 million, a total his attorney, Matt Haverstick, said came from Alpha Upsilon figures and was probably higher.
Matt Haverstick

YCMTSUIYT

Laugh? Or, Cry?

Reactions: Peetz Pool Boy
Yep...... AL, the guy who got his JD in the bottom of a box of CrackerJack.

Safe to say, whatever items are going to be contested, Abbey's side will win them all :)
I don't know. He comes across as pretty crafty, if this is to be believed:

Bernlohr also insisted that the fraternity is not closed down, only suspended by the national organization.

“A suspension can be lifted,” he said.

Yep...... AL, the guy who got his JD in the bottom of a box of CrackerJack.

Safe to say, whatever items are going to be contested, Abbey's side will win them all :)
Barry: I just went online in an effort to see where Mark Bernlohr went to law school, as I am pretty sure it was not Crackerjack U. I went to the Pennsylvania Bar's attorney discipline website, which indicated (notwithstanding the title) that it listed ALL attorneys licensed in Pennsylvania, not just those with a record of some kind of discipline. I could not find Bernlohr listed there, which seems strange given his representation of Beta in the Abbey and PSU cases. But, then again, you were not listed either.

??

Last edited:
Barry: I just went online in an effort to see where Mark Bernlohr went to law school, as I am pretty sure it was not Crackerjack U. I went to the Pennsylvania Bar's attorney discipline website, which indicated (notwithstanding the title) that it listed ALL attorneys licensed in Pennsylvania, not just those with a record of some kind of discipline. I could not fined Bernlohr listed there, which seems strange given his representation of Beta in the Abbey and PSU cases. But, then again, you were not listed either.

??

FWIW

AkronLion went to "Capital University" in Columbus Ohio
Best known for its part-time "night school" JD program........ and not worthy of being rated by USNews (among others)

Reactions: boddyebsen
Barry: I just went online in an effort to see where Mark Bernlohr went to law school, as I am pretty sure it was not Crackerjack U. I went to the Pennsylvania Bar's attorney discipline website, which indicated (notwithstanding the title) that it listed ALL attorneys licensed in Pennsylvania, not just those with a record of some kind of discipline. I could not fined Bernlohr listed there, which seems strange given his representation of Beta in the Abbey and PSU cases. But, then again, you were not listed either.

??
It's evident that you're "rather new to this joint" :)

Just giving you a hard time.

Some day you need to be "familiarized" with the former poster "akronlion2" (Bernlohr). It's a long story.

It's evident that you're "rather new to this joint" :)

Just giving you a hard time.
LOL, no offense taken, PPB. This Board (most especially the threads about the Sandusky mess) provides me with fresh reminders of my newb status almost weekly..

Mark Bernlohr is a 1984 graduate of Penn State. He was a catcher for the baseball team. High school was State College.

OT: Anthony, when will your Freeh Report review will be made public? Thanks.
crickets_fullgrown.jpg

Meanwhile - back at the ranch:

While the A9 ponder the virtue of going out and getting a status update on the condition of the barn door....... the cows have fled the barn, roamed out through the pastures, been loaded up and hauled to the slaughterhouse, been sliced and diced into tasty steaks and juicy hamburger, eaten / digested / crapped out and turned into fertilizer.

:)

Kinda' "funny" (not Ha-Ha funny, but SMFH funny) ...... given that the FREEH FILE REVIEW was labeled - by these very same folks - as:

"THE KEY TO EVERYTHING"
and
"THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERED"

So much so, that they willfully ignored every single aspect of every single duty they were SUPPOSED to be accountable for as "responsible stewards"

And yet - - - here we are, after 20 MONTHS - - - - and most of them have likely spent no more time conducting THEIR review, as Barron spent on HIS review.

Certainly - with absolute, undeniable certainty - the "product" provided by, and impact of, THEIR review is absolutely equal to Barron's ....... a big, fat, ZERO.

When the task that YOU self-proclaim to be "the only thing that matters" is one where you generate an undeniable, inarguable, BIG FAT ZERO....... what - exactly - is the point of your continued tenure?

Kinda' makes Blutarsky's college career look like the legacy of one of the great Greek Philosophers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT