ADVERTISEMENT

Articles for Wednesday

In the CDT article Cael says if RBY can't go we could forfeit. Why would we do that? I can understand why we wouldn't send a true freshman or RS freshman against Micic, but there are other wrestlers who have been in the room for a couple of years (Higgins, Stossel, Lindenmuth). I wouldn't expect them to win but they may save a team point or two if they aren't pinned. So why would we forfeit a match at the BJC before the largest home crowd of the season? Isn't it next man up?

Last edited:
In the CDT article Cael says if RBY can't go we could forfeit. Why would we do that? I can understand why we wouldn't send a true freshman or RS freshman against Micic, but there are other wrestlers who have been in the room for a couple of years (Higgins, Stossel, Lindenmuth). I wouldn't expect them to win but they may save a team point or two if they aren't pinned. So why would we forfeit a match at the BJC before the largest home crowd of the season?

Is Dom Giannangeli still with the team? Is he still a 133 guy?

In the CDT article Cael says if RBY can't go we could forfeit. Why would we do that? I can understand why we wouldn't send a true freshman or RS freshman against Micic, but there are other wrestlers who have been in the room for a couple of years (Higgins, Stossel, Lindenmuth). I wouldn't expect them to win but they may save a team point or two if they aren't pinned. So why would we forfeit a match at the BJC before the largest home crowd of the season? Isn't it next man up?

I think the reporter is clueless. Cael says they want RBY to get a feel for Micic but "we're not going to throw somebody out there who is not ready to go." He's talking about RBY. There is no "intimation" that they would forfeit if RBY is out.

I think the reporter is clueless. Cael says they want RBY to get a feel for Micic but "we're not going to throw somebody out there who is not ready to go." He's talking about RBY. There is no "intimation" that they would forfeit if RBY is out.
You could be right, but that is not how the article reads. The forfeit comment and 'not putting someone out there if they are not ready to go' are made after the statement-if RBY can't go. Not trying to be argumentative just trying to understand why we would forfeit at any weight when you are at home and have your full contingent of wrestlers available. The forfeit at Indiana made sense as we had no backup at 133 once RBY got hurt.

You could be right, but that is not how the article reads. The forfeit comment and 'not putting someone out there if they are not ready to go' are made after the statement-if RBY can't go. Not trying to be argumentative just trying to understand why we would forfeit at any weight when you are at home and have your full contingent of wrestlers available. The forfeit at Indiana made sense as we had no backup at 133 once RBY got hurt.

You're wondering why would do something that we haven't done yet and Cael didn't say anything about forfeiting, just that RBY wouldn't go if he wasn't ready. I disagree, you are definitely trying to be argumentative.

We wouldn't. It's not any more complicated than that. The CDT reporter is wrong.

You're wondering why would do something that we haven't done yet and Cael didn't say anything about forfeiting, just that RBY wouldn't go if he wasn't ready. I disagree, you are definitely trying to be argumentative.
I'll argue with that.

Cael is optimistic that we will see RBY and Shak on Friday.

Personally, I thought it was pretty funny that the Collegian article suggested that the word "optimistic" was materially more definitive as regards to Rasheed.

Reactions: nerfstate
You're wondering why would do something that we haven't done yet and Cael didn't say anything about ...
Yeah, but let’s say Cael gets dealt a 10 and a 7 at the blackjack table in Vegas, and then he says “hit” to the dealer. Why would he do that? It don’t make sense. :)

Reactions: danoftw
I sent the reporter an email suggesting that he be more careful in his reporting as he was upsetting some of us. :)

Reactions: danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT