said they will give a highlight of game OK 4th Qtr ending

OK gets ball first - TD off 10 yd pass
OK up 28-21

Army penalty- 2 & 12 from 27

Incomplete pass. 3 &12

4 & 7 From 22

TO Army

TO OK

This, of course, is a big story. Final score does not really matter. Oklahoma should have won big.

The big story for college football in the state of Oklahoma, though, is going to be what happened to Oklahoma State today. CFB writers are on fire about that one.

I'm 100% certain OK will not drop one spot in the polls. It will be oh well just a bad game.
The bias against PSU is insane when they struggle at times.

We didn’t drop in the only poll that matters because it hasn’t been released yet. Why waste time getting bent out of shape over something that is quite literally worthless?

First off, I don't think we are a top 10 team with our defense right now....That being said, OK should drop based on this, but yes, I suspect they won't.

We didn’t drop in the only poll that matters because it hasn’t been released yet. Why waste time getting bent out of shape over something that is quite literally worthless?
But it’s not worthless....college football is all about perception and unfortunately the rankings drive the perception. Which games get the featured time slots, which games get talked about the most, where Gameday goes, what is a “good” win....all of those things are determined by the rankings. And all of those things influence the perception of the committee.

I'm 100% certain OK will not drop one spot in the polls. It will be oh well just a bad game.
The bias against PSU is insane when they struggle at times.

Week 1, we beat App. State in overtime and dropped three spots in the polls.

Actually polls are essentially meaningless at this point. Who cares if we are 8 or 13 or 10. We have several big games coming up that will decide where we should be

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Actually polls are essentially meaningless at this point. Who cares if we are 8 or 13 or 10. We have several big games coming up that will decide where we should be
That’s not really the point....if we drop like a rock for beating a good App State team in OT, one would think that Oklahoma will drop for going to OT against Army. I think people just want to see fairness in evaluating college football teams and not the constant love affair with the same five teams every year.

Big difference between underperforming vs expectations in week 1 vs doing the same in week 4 (especially when a bunch of teams behind you also lost). If yesterday was Oklahoma’s opener, they drop more than they will today.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT