ADVERTISEMENT

“All quiet on the western Front”

Just finished watching. Interesting take. Great cinematography. Hard to imagine what this was like, but this did as good as could be done to depict how it must have been. I will likely watch it again.

However, I think I liked the original version better. Black and white can be an effective technique. I will have to watch the original to compare and contrast.

Did not like the fact that it looked like the rifles did not have any kick when fired.

Also when the two were running from the farm near the end it looked like a deer hunting tree stand near the tree line along the field they were running thru.

Reactions: Obliviax
Win or lose, it is never good to be the last one to die in a war.

i agree a very good movie, well done from a somewhat different perspective…..the losing side.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Did not like the fact that it looked like the rifles did not have any kick when fired.

Also when the two were running from the farm near the end it looked like a deer hunting tree stand near the tree line along the field they were running thru.
Definitely saw that stand. I don’t know enough details about the time period if that was a tree stand or possibly something else. Either way, they probably had a nice spot on that wood line.

Reactions: GSPMax
Could be as I was expecting them to get shot from it.
During daylight it would very dangerous because of snipers. But one could climb up at night to study enemy positions. They didn’t have night vision or other capabilites so much safer at night. All guesses on my part.

If they used these back then, it should have been incorporated into the movie. So likely a mistake, IMO.

During daylight it would very dangerous because of snipers. But one could climb up at night to study enemy positions. They didn’t have night vision or other capabilites so much safer at night. All guesses on my part.

If they used these back then, it should have been incorporated into the movie. So likely a mistake, IMO.
Agree about it being a goof on the tree stand. Does not seem high enough for observation post.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT