ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona State University president: "I would have fired Joe Paterno"

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001

"Here it's this notion we build into our culture of maximum diligence for the safety of our athletes," Crow said. "It's zero tolerance. You can't always prevent something from happening, but you can take immediate action the second you hear about it.

"My reaction to the facts of the Penn State case going all the way back to the incident that was reported by the assistant coach (Mike McQueary) to the head coach (Joe Paterno) to the athletic director (Tim Curley) was that the assistant coach and the head coach were remiss in their duty. I would have fired both of them, I don't care who they are. And if I got fired after that, they'd still be fired."

"Here it's this notion we build into our culture of maximum diligence for the safety of our athletes," Crow said. "It's zero tolerance. You can't always prevent something from happening, but you can take immediate action the second you hear about it.

"My reaction to the facts of the Penn State case going all the way back to the incident that was reported by the assistant coach (Mike McQueary) to the head coach (Joe Paterno) to the athletic director (Tim Curley) was that the assistant coach and the head coach were remiss in their duty. I would have fired both of them, I don't care who they are. And if I got fired after that, they'd still be fired."
OK big man. Better be checking your "U" something may be going on! Ask MSU!

Wow, such leadership, such integrity, I applaud the decisiveness too. Let me try really quick:

If I was his boss, i would fire him for moralizing and grandstanding. I'd fire him because he is a total p.o.s. and I wouldn't care if it got me fired, because Senior Sundevil would be fired.

Isn't this the precursor to something of the sort happening under his watch? I.E. Oregon State pitcher, MSU Nassar, etc...

Last edited:

Gee, Prez Crow, what big internet balls you have!

The better to hypothetically fire a deceased football coach with, deary.

WTF does this even mean? He would have fired them as soon as they reported it? Or he would have fired them at some point before they actually were fired?

He just sounds dumb.

Just another clueless sheep

Why would you fire the person who did the right thing

Now MM remiss - sure

I suspect something's coming up for him. There's no reason for him to talk like this. After all, it's all rather out-of-the-blue at this point. It's just too bad that are gutless, pathetic, so-called leaders, won't fire back. They're just too cowardly.
Exactly what I was thinking. Trying To divert attention away from his own issues.

Nice try slob. Fat Clown.

Reactions: dswartz and 91Joe95
Answer to the question what is a BLOW HARD that has never really done anything and doesn't know WTF he is talking about.

Reactions: 91Joe95

The BOT false narrative at work, six years after the fact. He's just one more well-educated ignoramus who, like 99% of the general public, has utterly no concept of what actually went down, or why it went down the way it did, or who conspired to make sure it went down that way.

The BOT false narrative at work, six years after the fact. He's just one more ignoramus who, like 99% of the general public, has utterly no concept of what actually went down, or why it went down the way it did, or who conspired to make sure it went down that way.

As a university president, he probably associates with people of the frazier/dambly/peetz ilk. His life is very likely about lying and kissing ass to get what he wants. That is often the case for people in his position.

Wait...why the fvck is a president from ASU even commenting on Joe 6+ years after the fact? Does news just travel slowly to/in the desert?

JESUS H. CHRIST! It's going on 7 years since this sh1t storm hit the news. I still have to listen to this sh1t?

Someone please tell me this is a joke. I'll tell you who should be FIRED - people in positions of authority that think conducting an (ahem) INDEPENDENT (aka Freeh Report) review supersedes Constitutional Law and due process. At thins ppint, any sane person can see how things data was manipulated from day one.

Our society is fvcked. There are very few intelligent and fair people in the world and even fewer that hold positions of power

I don't understand. He as University president would have fired Joe. However, the university president (Spanier) had knowledge of the incident (who knows exactly how much).

In other words he would have to fire himself since he was at the top of the food chain of knowledge? Or, he would have to fire Joe to cover his own ass because Joe knew everything? I don't understand his point. He obviously doesn't know what went down.

KARMA TRAIN LEAVING THE STATION *CHOOOO CHEWWWWWWW*

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT