ADVERTISEMENT

Are you rooting for Michigan or Ohio State in the playoffs?

Unfortunately both. TCU can't beat Georgia on their best day so the best hope is Ohio State knocks them off and if they can't, Michigan does. Ohio State matches up to UGA about as poorly as they do against Michigan but has the talent to take advantage if Georgia gives them an opening. If Ohio State can't get it done, Michigan might. Michigan's offense is better this year by subtraction (Josh Gattis is a horrible coach, always has been) and Michigan's defense is better while Georgia's D took a step back while their offense remained static. Scary thing Michigan is going to be better next year.

Reactions: Mroad
NOPE!! Go tcu and jaw-ja

I still can’t get over Michigan’s recent success. Thought last year was a fluke. Didn’t seem long Jimmy was on the hot seat.

Reactions: MacNit07
I’m cheering for neither. I hope Georgia wins it all.
Not me. I'm rooting for a B1G matchup in the final, and a PSU win in the Rose. That would put the top three teams in the conference with a combined record of 38-4, with all 4 losses coming at the hands of fellow B1Gs.

PSU would then finish at 11-2, as Rose Bowl champs, and with our two losses coming at the hands of #s 1 and 2 in the country. That should leave us with a final top 5 ranking.

The buzz going into next season would be huge!

I’m cheering for neither. I hope Georgia wins it all.
Exactly. Never, I repeat - never hope for success for Michigan or Ohio State. In anything, ever. They are our sports enemies. What manner of PSU fan hopes our enemies succeed? I want UM and OSU to fail, always and in everything, from football to field hockey. I want their Athletic Departments to wallow in so much losing that they disband in ignominious shame! For a new king to emerge, the old king(s) must be weakened and then de-throned, as history teaches us.

To the 7th level of Dante’s inferno with this conference, and it’s two golden children!

Go Dawgs! Go Horned Frogs!

Definitely not, as any success by them helps improve their recruiting and makes things tougher for us. I'd love to see them both lose in the first round, but would be okay with Georgia beating tOSU and then UM in the championship (since I expect Michigan to win vs TCU)

Unless it helps PSU during a particular season for Mich to win, I *root* for OSU all day over Michigan. Can't stand how smug and arrogant Hairball and that program is.

I’ll watch but don’t care who wins. PSU needs to get better. Unlike others, in the day of NIL and unlimited transfers, not sure playoff success is tops on the list for recruits any longer.

Top kids care about getting to the NFL and NIL deals (and early playing time). Sure, they’re still going to teams that can compete for titles, but I think the above are consideration 1 and 2.

Reactions: Westcoast24
This is an interesting thread. Can't say I disagree with the sentiment expressed here. But I wonder why Big Ten fans don't root for their conference like SEC fans root for theirs? As a Michigan fan, I root for most Big Ten teams in bowl games but not all. SEC fans have no exceptions. They chant "SEC SEC" at every game. To my knowledge, no other conference does this. Anyway, hope you all beat Utah. That's a terrific match up.

This is an interesting thread. Can't say I disagree with the sentiment expressed here. But I wonder why Big Ten fans don't root for their conference like SEC fans root for theirs? As a Michigan fan, I root for most Big Ten teams in bowl games but not all. SEC fans have no exceptions. They chant "SEC SEC" at every game. To my knowledge, no other conference does this. Anyway, hope you all beat Utah. That's a terrific match up.
And which Big Ten teams don't you root for in their bowl games. I won't root for Michigan because Harbaugh is a pompous you know what (his claim that Franklin was the "ringleader" of the half time dust up is one of the most asinine claims I have ever heard one coach make against another). Although you seem to be the exception, most Michigan fans are just like Harbaugh.

Here's one reason why. . .

One more….you mean. :)

Either of them winning does nothing for us. But TCU winning blows up the Eye Test BS. (Not that eye test hasn’t routinely failed anyway).

If we beat them, then them continue winning helps us in that season. The one sliver that might cause me to every root for one of them…in any sport. But so far we haven’t been rewarded for quality losses (or blowouts) so wins by either won’t help.

Go Frogs and Dogs.

Reactions: Lion8286
I always root for the conference teams in the bowls.

When the conference is viewed as strong, that's good for Penn State. I get the feelings of the guys who can't root for certain teams, but I spend the entire conference season rooting against UM and OSU. This time of year I want to see the conference do well, for purely selfish reasons.

The scary thing is Michigan will be even better next year. What Harbaugh has built in Ann Arbor is unbelievable.
The sorriest thing is that he is doing it a way we can match but won't because he wants to beat Ohio State and their own game, which we won't for many reasons.

The scary thing is Michigan will be even better next year. What Harbaugh has built in Ann Arbor is unbelievable.

244-2441303_tcu-horned-frogs-iron-on-stickers-and-peel.png

Reactions: Gitzit
I think the BIG doing well in bowl season is good overall. But I will never root for OSU and Michigan, whether it's in the title game or a bowl as small as the Dukes Mayo Bowl. I would rather watch Georgia or Bama win the next 10 in a row.

Good for us! I hope they come into HV undefeated and reigning NC. What an opportunity! Sounds like a visit from GameDay might be in order.

I'm partial to the physical style of football UM is playing right now. If we can match their tenacity, I think we can beat them.

Good for us! I hope they come into HV undefeated and reigning NC. What an opportunity! Sounds like a visit from GameDay might be in order.

I'm partial to the physical style of football UM is playing right now. If we can match their tenacity, I think we can beat them.
We have the talent to do it but we don't have the coaching at the scheme level.

We have the talent to do it but we don't have the coaching at the scheme level.
I don't know. I think the Oline improved a lot as the season wore on. I also think the defense came together as a unit later in the year. Lots of guys contributed. I don't think they're going to push us around like they did this year.

I don't know. I think the Oline improved a lot as the season wore on. I also think the defense came together as a unit later in the year. Lots of guys contributed. I don't think they're going to push us around like they did this year.
The line definitely improved on a game by game basis. However, in memory, no spread gap blocking team I can think of has ever been referred to as dominant. Gap blocking is the football equipment to zone defense in basketball. Wall the opponent vs. dominate them.

The SEC in particular has an element of regional (i.e. Southern) pride too that isn't really present in any other conference.

That being said, I have no idea why some random Miss State fan is happy that Bama wins the MNC. I guess so there's a perception that the conference is overall tougher and thus makes there 7-5 season seem better? Meh.

I doubt Bama fans are chanting “SEC” at any game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT